PDA

View Full Version : POTC is leaking!!

Rallymonkey23
06-09-2002, 11:19 PM
It's not anything major but, tonight I went on POTC and on the scene just after the skeleton on the rain and lightning scene(the one with a skeleton with a bottle that lights up in his hands) and at the end of the scene near the corner I saw it leaking water. Now that I think about it, I should have informed a CM and let them know what's going on. Eventually that leak could get worse I suppose. Anybody notice this before? I don't think it's part of the ride........

Uncle Dick
06-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Anybody notice this before? I don't think it's part of the ride........
I've noticed that for a while now, and since it always happens in the same exact spot, I figured it was just part of the "cave atmosphere". The weird thing is, the "leak" is only visible from a forward-facing angle. I've never been able to see it from the side or behind.

thamnarestan
06-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Please tell us about these sort of things!

Disneylandman
06-10-2002, 06:07 PM
On friday, in line, they had to put carpets all over the queue inside becuase there was so much water leaking from the flume. I have never seen this before and I was suprised.

Rallymonkey23
06-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Yeah I saw that too. I just figured some MPer's must have sunk a boat there and made the water overflow into the line. :D ;)

MonorailMan
06-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Dang, this thread has been read about 250+ times! :)

Back On Topic: I saw the leak too! :)

cemeinke
06-10-2002, 10:09 PM
Ok what's up with Pirates?

I'd seen the leak before, but tonight it seemed really bad, the occasional drop has turned into a bit of a drisel.

Also, there was still plenty of water throughout the queue and even the entrance to Pirates. I don't know if that's from the flume leaking or what, but I've never seen so much water in the area.

Something also up with the first drop gate, it was making loud noises with each release, drowning out the skull.

I've also noticed that there seems to be water damage right above the Pirates Island/sign when you enter.

I sure hope this attraction gets a good rehab before the 50th.

coronamouseman
06-11-2002, 03:45 AM
Was there on POTC on Sunday (June 9) ...........

(1) Saw no leaks or standing water around the entrance of the ride

(2) Saw nothing strange at the first drop (although it seemed darker than last couple of times have been there which made the drop a little more fun)

(3) Did not notice flume problem noted by others

(4) Mist effect at end of tunnel was very effective (and tunnel itself leading to Pirate Ship Cove seemed darker than in times past which was also a very nice effect.....)

So the ride seemed to be in good shape to me .............

Nigel2
06-11-2002, 03:59 PM
I saw the leak as well (like 2 or 3 weeks ago), but it seems to only leak for a short period (well when I saw it) so it could be that when a boat goes on the flume it leaks.:)