PDA

View Full Version : do they allow you to keep expired fastpasses?

Tigertail777
06-09-2002, 11:19 PM
I think these would make a great scrapbook souvineer, so I was just wondering if they take them and don't give them back like a movie ticket taker, or just look at them and let you keep them?
If they do take them, can you get a non-valid one from machine to keep? Havn't been back in over 10 years so I'm really out of the loop when it comes to this fastpass stuff.

Matterhorn Fan
06-09-2002, 11:45 PM
You can keep the ones you don't use and the "Not a Valid FastPass" tickets, but they take them from you when you use them.

thamnarestan
06-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Tell the cast member who takes the tickets that you are making a scrapbook and would like to keep one. If a guest simply asks to keep his fastpass, I will not let him. But if he tells me it's for a scrapbook or something like that, I will (as will most other cast members). So that should work at about 75% of the rides. At the others, you'll have to go back and maybe ask a cast member for an override so you can get an extra ticket for your scrapbook, or get a non-valid one.... I think your scrapbook would look better if they were all valid FastPasses, though.

Mad Madam Mim
06-10-2002, 10:52 AM
I was in line when someone asked this. The CM said they have to take them or the person can just come back and use them again so they have to take them. Soooo if you want the suvanier, you can't use them :(

HBTiggerFan
06-10-2002, 06:17 PM
While all valid FPs are a great idea for the scrap book, getting two and not using one of them would possibally prevent others from getting a valid FP.

If you don't use it they won't take it from you, and you can get a Non valid FP by putting your ticket in the machine while the new FP window has not opened.

Tigertail777
06-10-2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Seems like they could use a stamp, or hi-lighter marker on a used ticket so you couldn't use it again...kinda like they do to your receipts at costco before you leave. So I was thinking if I have anyone that tells me no, asking them to mark it this way so they know I couldn't re-use it. I know they won't be as nice looking, but if it makes things easier for both me and the CM, I figure they'll let me do it. If not, guess I'll just settle for the "this is not a valid fastpass" ticket-though this seems like such a waste (imagine how much extra Disney would have to shell out on just tickets if everyone did this!--I'd rather have them spend on upkeep, maintenance and new attractions).

coronamouseman
06-10-2002, 06:32 PM
Just wait, Disney will get the idea and put "souvenior" FP's in the gift shops for purchase ..........

jason
06-10-2002, 07:11 PM
do like i did , for a family of four i got 4 fp gave one to my wife and i had mine the kids just walked in with us ( i only did this on the last day only for the extras for the scrap book ) only once did the fp taker mention that the kids should realy have one too but said to make sure next time !

HBDisneyPrincess
06-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Like Thamnarestan said, if you tell the cast member you want to save one for a scrapbook they will usually let you. This seems to be particularly true if its toward the end of your window of time because you probably won't have the opportunity yo use it again, and also if you are with a bigger group and just ask to keep one or two.

thamnarestan
06-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by HBDisneyPrincess
Like Thamnarestan said, if you tell the cast member you want to save one for a scrapbook they will usually let you. This seems to be particularly true if its toward the end of your window of time because you probably won't have the opportunity yo use it again, and also if you are with a bigger group and just ask to keep one or two.

Let me just clear up another misconception about FastPass... once the initial window has passed, the ticket is still valid for the rest of the day (unofficially, at least). All cast members are instructed to accept late fastpasses.

For those who didn't already know that fact, hope it's useful!