PDA

View Full Version : Reservation help

Tinksball12
03-18-2007, 05:41 AM
We are planning a trip the week of September 9. I called Disney travel armed with some of the information I obtained on this site. However, the travel agent was less than helpful. I asked about possibly getting one annual pass to obtain a discount on the hotel (we want to stay at the paradise pier). The agent said he couldn't do that and I would have to call a different number. He didn't give me the other number and by that time I felt he was not willing to discuss any other options so I didn't ask him any furhter questions.

We live in Texas and visit disney once per year. The only purpose of getting an annual pass would be to obtain a discount. Is it worth getting the annual pass for this purpose? If so, who do I call to obtain this information?

Any information would be appreciated.

hlbtimes2
03-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Hotel discounts with an ap are 10% off rach rate. Often you get can get a better rate without the a/p, just going with the specials offered or booking thru someplace like expedia. Sometimes there are better ap rates, but I sure wouldnt try to plan a trip months in advance in hopes of getting one of those rates. They are usually offered for a short time, without much notice.

If you are using the ap rate you'll want to book directly through the hotel, not thru disney travel. You can call at the hotel at anytime and ask them what the ap rate is.

Malcon10t
03-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Hotel discounts with an ap are 10% off rach rate. Often you get can get a better rate without the a/p, just going with the specials offered or booking thru someplace like expedia. Sometimes there are better ap rates, but I sure wouldnt try to plan a trip months in advance in hopes of getting one of those rates. They are usually offered for a short time, without much notice.

If you are using the ap rate you'll want to book directly through the hotel, not thru disney travel. You can call at the hotel at anytime and ask them what the ap rate is.Also, the AAA discount is the same 10% as the AP is.

I always book seperately. Found it is just easier.