PDA

View Full Version : Where to Meet the Sultan from Aladdin?

MauiMickey
03-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Just yesterday, I booked a trip to Disneyland for Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2007. The house is now buzzing with excitement, since it's been almost two years since our last visit to the Happiest Place on Earth!

We (myself, DH, and two DS) have been to the DLR three times before, but this trip is a little different. My 10 year-old son is going to be playing the Sultan in his school production of Aladdin, and I was wondering if there is ever a meet and greet for that character anywhere in either park.

Is it possible to talk to the cast of Aladdin after a show? I think it would be terribly exciting for my son to meet his "professional" counterpart.

Thanks for any advice!

MauiMickey

Vegitabeta
03-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I've never seen him as a walk around character, but good luck!

bassett1976
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I'd try after the Aladdin stage show in DCA or try the Story telling time with Aladdin and Jasmine in DL.

geoffa
03-17-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't think he is a meet and greet character per se. I'd contact Guest Relations at 714-781-4773. They may make a bit of extra magic for you if you ask nicely and give them some pre-notice. After all this supposed to be the Year of a Million Dreams!

MrTomMorrow
03-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, try the Aladdin show at DCA...

I don't think the cast regularly does meet and greets, but perhaps a special arrangement may be made...

onederland
03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
we met him in tomorrowland once about 3 years ago, he was very tall and my girls 3 and 4 were very scared of him:eek: I thought he looked great though.

woody9six
03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
we met him in tomorrowland once about 3 years ago, he was very tall and my girls 3 and 4 were very scared of him:eek: I thought he looked great though.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Jafar? The Sultan is Jasmine's father IIRC.

onederland
03-17-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah as a matter of fact it was jafar, just remember my girls not wanting anything to with him, so it could not have been the sultan:confused: I would love to meet the Genie, that would be great;)

MauiMickey
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Jafar? The Sultan is Jasmine's father IIRC.

That's right, the Sultan is Jasmine's father...a rather rotund, jolly character.

Thanks for all the great ideas. I will certainly give them a try. :)

MauiMickey

geoffa
03-18-2007, 12:35 PM

That sounds like Jafar - black and red costume with Iago, parrot, on his shoulder. The Sultan is fat and dumpy (on right in this picture):

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/aladdin/_group_photos/douglas_seale1.jpg

and as he appears in show:

http://images.mouseplanet.com/mp/dca/hollywood/attr_hyperion/aladdin/Aladdin38SK-sultan_jasmine-v.jpg

Mrs Mouse
03-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I would love to meet the Genie, that would be great;)

Though I've never seen the Sultan or Jafar roaming the parks, I've seen the Genie out and about quite a few times. He can usually be found in Adventure Land with Aladdin & Jasmine, or sometimes just inside the main gates.