PDA

View Full Version : Our trip (3/11-3/16) and our Dream!

julw
03-17-2007, 10:14 AM
We had such a great trip! It was a trip with a lot of firsts. My son got picked to be a Jedi the first time any of us had seen the show. We were all thrilled for him! My daughter had her 5th Birthday there and we did the Pat E. Cake B-day Party as well as Ariel's Grotto princess dinner. We also had her hair done at the PFF and made cookies at the Tollhouse cooking baking. All firsts for us!

A couple of the highlights- One morning (after I drug my complaining family out of bed at the crack of dawn ;-), we were first in line at the gates and were asked to be the family (along with our friends) to do the countdown to open the gates. We got to sign the official guestbook- it was so fun!

Then yesterday (our last day) we won DREAM FASTPASSes!!! I drooled over them all week whenever I saw others with them and I think if my DH heard me mention them one more time he was going to bop me on the head, LOL. Well it happened on a day when we slept in and went to DCA when it opened at 10am. It was about 11am and we were walking past GRR right by the Grand entrance/exit and there was the dream team with handfulls of them! They were standng in the entrance/exit area, kind of hidden but not actually inside the hotel. We walked over and they said- "congratulations- you won dream fastasses!". They were so fantastic! I was so happy!

One thing I didn't know was that there are tabs on them for each ride and you can only go on each fastpass ride once. I was a tad bit dissapointed because I didn't know they worked that way, but I got over my dissapointment in an instant! I was also sad the rest of our group didn't win them- everyone had gone home that morning but us.

One other thing that surprised me was how many they were handing out. My DH said it looked like they had over 100 of them. All week I was thinking they just handed out a few. Also- just because I was so curious all week when I saw them, I would congratulate the winners and ask where they were when they won them. Now I know it is computer generated and random, but I am a geek so I asked anyway. So, last week, people won them all first thing in the morning and all coming off attractions (snow white, Buzz, Monsters, IASW), except for ours - well of thoes I asked anyway.

Thanks for reading and letting me ramble!

Crazy4DL
03-17-2007, 03:19 PM
awwww what a fun trip it sounds you had! Congrats on the first family of the day thing- my bunch would LOVE that. Yippie on the Dream fastpasses too. :)

MrTomMorrow
03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
That's cool... was the dream fastpass only for DCA attractions?

julw
03-17-2007, 06:05 PM
That's cool... was the dream fastpass only for DCA attractions?

Hi- No, they are for both parks. They have two cards on the string/lanyard, one with tabs for DL and one card has tabs for DCA.

Vault Disney
03-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Which day did you sign the guest book on? I filmed the family on 3/14. :)

julw
03-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Which day did you sign the guest book on? I filmed the family on 3/14. :)

OMGosh!:D That was us! Unless I have my days mixed up- but I don't think I do! How cool is that! I would love to see it? Maybe we can arrange something?

Vault Disney
03-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Seriously?? NO WAY! I filmed the part at the rope drop on Wednesday. We flew back on Thursday. Was it you, really? I think that there was three kids and the security man said that the husband was in the Navy.

Vault Disney
03-17-2007, 07:50 PM
OK, I just took a look. Looks like there are four kiddos, three girls, one boy. The littlest one is in a stroller. The husband has on a green striped shirt.

I am trying to get back on CST so I am going to bed now. I will take a look at this thread in the morning. :) Hope it's y'all!

julw
03-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh bummer! No, we didn't do the rope drop :( We did the countdown 10-1 and then said "let the magic begin". We were at the main gate (ticket area) and were let in before anyone else and stood in front of the big flower Mickey then when we were finished with the countdown all the CM's started letting people in the gates. Darn...so close! ;-)

azolivas
03-17-2007, 08:36 PM
we won dream fast passes on Sunday March 11 as we got off IASW around 9am! Great way to start our trip! Congrats on winning yours!

Vault Disney
03-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Oh, I thought that the people who did it at the gate were the same people at the rope drop. :confused:

Congrats to you regardless! :)