PDA

View Full Version : Left Tunnel or Right?

Pages : [1] 2

River Belle
03-16-2007, 10:40 AM
You've passed through the turnstiles, heard the happy little chirp, and you are now standing at the Mickey flower-bed as the Disneyland Railroad leaves for a round-trip circle around the park. Just smell that popcorn! Time to make your way onto Main Street...

Left tunnel or Right?

rokketride
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I generally go to whichever tunnel is closest to the turnstyle I just went through.

But I think the Left one has less stroller traffic.

Wedge
03-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I must say that the first thought that came to my mind is the tunnel on the right. However next time I go down there I will be forcing myself to go through the left (less trafic and you get to pass by town hall).

hbquikcomjamesl
03-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Usually the left tunnel.

Just because of all of this obsession with which tunnel, this fall, when I go to WDW, I'm going to switch tunnels, entering as far to the left as possible, passing through the "newsstand" level of the train station, and coming out as far to the right as possible!

Bytebear
03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
We generally go to the left, unless one of us has to use the bathroom, and then we head right. That bathroom is a little closer.

newhdplayer
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Left every time. No particular reason.

just beatla33
03-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I can't believe this is really a post

hrhlaurie
03-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Strange thing is I think I usually enter to the right and exit to the right but no particular reason. I used to rent strollers, so perhaps I'm conditioned to go right. Also, you can usually find Mickey and one or two other characters towards the right but I never thought about it before.

Made me smile just to think about entering Disneyland any way I can! :)

Bytebear
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
I can't believe this is really a post

I have friends who must go to the right. They are very superstitious about it. They even have to stop and read the plaque out loud before proceeding. We all have our own little traditions.

gibson510
03-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I generally go to the right when I enter and go to the left tunnel when I exit. But if the other seems less crowded I'll do that one. I like to read the little plaque on my first day in the park as I'm walking under.

woody9six
03-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Left (that would be west..correct?). Always. I have never entered thru the right tunnel ever. I always exit thru that tunnel also...I have only used the east tunnel to exit once and I have visited the park more times that I can count.

Gramiangel420
03-16-2007, 12:04 PM
:confused: We generally go to the right, out of habit and the fact that Americans use the right side a bunch. It started because we rented strollers. (The granddaughter is 9 now.:rolleyes: ) I think last year we went to the entrance closest to the turnstile we used. We also ususally exit on the left (or right as you leave) now that we do not have to return a stroller.
You caused me to think!

smd4
03-16-2007, 12:33 PM
They even have to stop and read the plaque out loud before proceeding. Not that it takes away from their message, but raise your hand if you know that Walt Disney never even saw those plaques, since they were installed at least two years--and possibly more--after his death.

Anyone?

missm
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Always always always left. I exit through the same tunnel every time also. Now that this question is proposed I want to know why I do it. Just my way of entering DL I guess.

Bytebear
03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I always exit the park on the right (West). I think its more because of how they direct traffic on busy nights, than anything else.

californiagirlx7
03-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Left tunnel, I just do it because it is a habit.

someimagination
03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I usually go to the right, because I have the "Stay to your right side all the way through the walk way please" mantra imbedded within my brain...

But if I'm feeling rebelious I'll go left :~D

Ambyrkatt
03-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Left every time. No particular reason.

Us, too. No reason why, other than that it has become habit.:geek:

FunAuntSherry
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Definitely the right side - read the plaque and everything. I've never entered through the left tunnel..... but that's the one I always exit through!

ibob52
03-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I think the entrance was on the right hand side of Main street in the early days (50's-60's). So my traditional way is enter on the right ... exit was opposite (left). :cool:

hlbtimes2
03-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Right. We enter to the right. We usually stay at a hotel on harbor. So, we typically go thru turnstiles at that end and just continue to the right.

Donald Duck Fan68
03-16-2007, 07:34 PM
We usually go left. At first for no particular reason, but now we usually stop at City Hall, so it's a little more convenient.

cfitz/pirates
03-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Strange now that I think about it we have always entered the right, no particular reason it just works out that way. This time I'll try the left just to spice thing up :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Enter through the right. ALWAYS exit through the left, which is actually the right, coming from the other direction. hehe

vfire
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Definitely the right side - read the plaque and everything. I've never entered through the left tunnel..... but that's the one I always exit through!

And I do exactly the same thing.