PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip was great! Now, a few questions!

tmmommy
03-15-2007, 06:39 PM
My family had a WONDERFUL time on our first trip to DL on March 9-11th, thanks, in part, to all the wonderful things I learned here! After being there for our 1st time, I am now wondering about a few things that I can't find the answers to on the posts:

*Does the parade change every year--or the characters in it? What about the fireworks/choreography for them? I am assuming that they change with the new year, but??? Are there "mainstays" (such as Mickey and Minnie) that are always in the parade?

*What is the distance from the DL entrance to the farthest end of the park? Or from the n. end of DL to the s. end of DCA?

*Where is Daisy Duck? Is she ever out? (I just now learned that you could ask for a character list at town hall:crying: But my girls got 16 autographs and saw 18 characters in less than 2 1/2 days, so I guess that is good??? )

Anyway--we had a wonderful time--although I learned the hard way to do some souvenier shopping in the park and not count on downtown Disney to have what I saw in the shops inside. I am truly sad about this error, but will remember it if there is a next time!

Oh--After the fireworks on Saturday, we were some that left the park on the west side behind Main Street--I am now gathering that this usually doesn't happen!

mousemom
03-15-2007, 09:08 PM
I normally see Daisy at Lilo and Stitch's breakfast. Glad you had a great trip...can't stop thinking about the next time right!

PanFan
03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
The parade (Parade Of Dreams) is the same one that debuted for the 50th anniversary on May 5, 2005. Same floats. Same characters. Same dance routine. I've heard that it was recently renewed for five years, or something like that. Don't expect a new one anytime soon (which is fine with me--I love it!). The fireworks (Remember...Dreams Come True) is also the same show that debuted on May 5, 2005. The only difference now is that Julie Andrews says "In 1955" instead of "50 years ago." There is a Christmas Parade and fireworks show during the holiday season (November-January), but the rest of the time they're the same.

I read on here somewhere the distance between the furthest points in DL and DCA, but I don't remember exactly what they are now. I think it's like 1/2 a mile or something, but I really can't say for sure. I remember being surprised that it wasn't as far as I thought it would be.

As far as Daisy, I saw her once years ago at DCA. I unfortunately don't think I took a picture. I don't even see her in the parades. Check with City Hall, but she's a pretty rare sighting.

Glad you had a good trip! Exiting backstage behind Main Street isn't normal per se, but it does happen sometimes to ease traffic flow after the fireworks when the whole park seems to be emptying into that rather narrow street. Once I was entering the park at that time (I really only wanted a cream cheese pretzel) and fought tooth and nail against the flow to get to the Refreshment Corner at the end. Once I got my pretzel, I realized they were letting people out the way you went and I got so excited to see backstage that I pretended I was exiting and joined the crowd and was carried back past the cast lockers and the Jungle Cruise boat storage! Oh, it was glorious! Now I work there and get to see backstage all the time, but I still have fond memories...

HobbitFeet
03-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I learned the hard way to do some souvenier shopping in the park and not count on downtown Disney to have what I saw in the shops inside. I am truly sad about this error, but will remember it if there is a next time!

I've read that if you know what you want to buy, you can call Disneyland's DelivEARS at (800) 362-4533 and they can have the items shipped to you.

I hope that's the right number, like I said, I've just seen that info around some boards. Hope it's right, and hope it helps!!!!

RockDoc07
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Per Google Earth, from the underpass of the Railroad to the fountain in Toontown is 0.46 miles along the path. To Winnie the Pooh is 0.41. The Esplanade is 1/10 of a mile wide from the mickey flowers to underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. from the GGB to the Sun Wheel queue if you take the long way around through Condor Flats and the long way around the lagoon is 0.48 miles. So I guess, 1.04 miles from the fountain at toontown to the sun wheel if you walk the long way along the paths, give or take a few pixels from Google Earth.

I hope that helps~

I am glad you had such a great time.

Cool Runnings!
Doc

tmmommy
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info--yes, I keep thinking about the "next time". :) It was all such fun--the fireworks were magical and the parade was terrific. I think we did TONS of rides and experienced a lot for our 1st trip! Too bad about Daisy Duck--I would think she would be out as much as Donald....