PDA

View Full Version : Activities outside the parks but in DLR?

mask41
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
We have a whole free day at the end of trip (train leaves Fullerton at 7pm) without a park pass. We are planning on doing DTD - Build a Bear, etc. but would love some other ideas on how we should spend the day (in the resort). I just stumbled upon the Jungle Cruise remote control boats at DLH - would these be fun for 5 year old boys (we're not guests of the hotel)? Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Amy

samsma
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
The kids would probably love a meal at the Rainforest cafe. They have "thunderstorms' that hit every 15-30 min, and the jungle creatures"come to life". It's kinda cool. Also ESPN zone, they could play air hockey and race car driving and such. There is a lot to do in DTD.

princess- ada
03-15-2007, 08:20 PM
The boys would probably love the Lego store in DTD.

mousemom
03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
You could go see the koi fish at the Disneyland Hotel. I think they still have a set time when kids can help feed them. You could probably call to find that out. Also, we used to love to go to the Fantasy Waters show at the DLH on the night we arrived. I don't know if they still do that but it was fun. A character breakfast would be a nice ending note too. Enjoy your trip!

VickiC
03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Maybe this is too obvious, but you could see a movie.

mask41
03-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Thanks everyone! We have reservations for Goofy's Kitchen on Friday morning, but I should switch it to Saturday - why spend our last day at the park over at Goofy's Kitchen when we have all day Saturday for free time - love this board!!!:)
-Amy

ssturgeo
03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
The Fantasy Waters show is no longer in existence.

Koi Pond
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. you can feed the Koi.
There is a little gate with a platform and guests can go out on the platform over the water where the CM will provide a handful of pellets. The koi eat right out of your hands.

The waterfalls are fun to walk around also...great picture ops, and at night the colors are great.

Anyone can do the remote Jungle Cruise boats!

mousemom
03-17-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm sad to hear about the Fantasy Waters...I especially liked the Christmas version. Good to know about the Koi fish. Maybe we'll do that this week! We really like walking around the waterfalls too. Have a great time at Goofy's!

VickiC
03-17-2007, 02:28 PM
I would head over to the train station a bit early, check your bags and then have dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. Cheaper and more filling than most anythign at DLR and a fun atmosphere.

mask41
03-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks VickiC, so much for the tip - we may be ready for something a little different by the end of day 6!! I assume that it is within walking distance with 2 little ones from the Amtrak station?
Thanks again - sounds like a definite plan for us!!
-Amy

VickiC
03-17-2007, 03:50 PM
It is the old Fullerton train station and is in the same parking lot as the current Amtrak station. If you ask for it, they'll usually seat you right by the windows and you can watch the trains go by.

futurecm21
03-17-2007, 03:54 PM
It has all been pretty well covered, I will echo the idea of Downtown Disney, and advise that in stead of just focusing on one activity, and getting there, I would walk through all of it, and stop at any place that looks exciting. The idea of movies is not too obvious IMO. the AMC theater complex is massive and very impressive, I would check it out if I were you. There are sometimes shows and events that you may be lucky enough to catch, so again I say, just look around and you will find something you like.:)
futurecm21

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-17-2007, 05:00 PM
The waterfalls are fun to walk around also...great picture ops, and at night the colors are great.

When we were at DLH in December, the waterfalls were completely blocked off to go down underneath. I imagine it was because the rocks get pretty slickery. I was bummed, I use to love walking down in there.