PDA

View Full Version : How to talk them in to wanting to go?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
HELP! As I said in another post, my pilot wives group is taking a trip to So.Cal., we are booked to stay at HoJos, the end of April. So far, only myself and 1 other lady, there are about 8 of us, without kids or Dh's, going for 3 nights, want to go to Disneyland. Others have expressed interest, but don't want to drop the money for even a 1 day ticket to Disneyland. I understand it is a lot to spend, $63 for 1 day, then have to buy food, and of course gifts for the kiddos. Noone has said they don't want to go because the kids are left at home, it is strictly money. I have an AP, so there is nothing stopping me from going, other than I am supposed to be there to spend time with these ladies. HELP! Any tips on how I can talk them in to it? I have had no luck with discount tickets. Even my DH's airline offers them, but they are for multi day hopper tickets only.
If it comes down to it, I will break away from the group, and go for a bit. I cannot be that close to Disneyland and not go.
Their plan is to hang out at the pool, and downtown Disney shopping, eating, drinking etc.

hlbtimes2
03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Seems like an odd destination for a bunch that dont want to go to the park! You can go a lot of places for shopping, pool sitting and drinks. Why would they all go to hojo's and not the park? I just can't wrap my brain around it. Of course, I pretty much think if you are in the state of CA you should go to Disneyland. LOL

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-16-2007, 07:07 AM
I picked the hotel. So.Cal. was the destination, and I just thought it would be a good place, plus I was able to reserve HoJos for $59/nt. I just don't know how ANYONE can be right there and NOT go. I wish I could get tickets for cheaper, I really think they would go, if I could.
Part of the other problem is we are all getting in at different times. One other gal and I are arriving early Thursday, I was thinking if I could just talk her in to it, then she and I could while waiting for the other ladies that are arriving late Thursday. A couple of them are not getting there until Friday.
I am thinking I will probably have to take a few hours away from the group and go alone. I just remembered the shopping pass. That might work in my favor, I get them in to Disneyland to shop, they want to spend more time and then end up buying a ticket. hehe

samsma
03-16-2007, 07:15 AM
I had'nt thought of the shopping pass, what a great idea! Give 'em a little taste and leave them wanting more!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Where do you go to get one? How do they work?
TIA!

samsma
03-16-2007, 07:25 AM
I have not done it before, but from what I understand, you have to go to regular ticket booth, and you have to pay up front for an admission. You then have I think 90 min(could be 60) to come back to the booth and get your refund.

Malcon10t
03-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Looking at the gates, to the left is Guest Services. Go there, leave an imprint of your Credit card and you get an hour in the park. After 60 mins, they charge your card if you haven't returned with the ticket.

tod
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Looking at the gates, to the left is Guest Services. Go there, leave an imprint of your Credit card and you get an hour in the park. After 60 mins, they charge your card if you haven't returned with the ticket.

And also bring a receipt for something you purchased. It's a "Shopping Pass," remember.

FWIW, I got all four members of The tod Family in for an hour so I could buy one Mickey Mouse hat....

--t

hlbtimes2
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Ah, I see, you picked the hotel. I thought it just happened that they picked something close to Disneyland. I thinking it odd that if someone else had picked that they wouldnt pick something closer to an airport to save on transportation.

Personally, I would just leave the group for a while and go with out them. Sounds like you'll have enough together time as it is. You might even plan on going early am or late pm, so that you have the afternoon free to hang out with them.

I went with my two best friends last May. I had an a/p, they had two day tickets. On day 3 they slept in, which they enjoyed. I got up early and had a couple hours to myself in the park. It was wonderful. I got to do what I wanted, stop and take pictures, etc. I rode on more rides in that first hour then most people do in 1/2 a day!