PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me more about the Dream Squad

UsBurchs
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok, I've been gone a while and now I'm back. I've been reading some of the threads and noticing everyone talking about the "Dream Squad". I know about the Year of a Millian Dreams, but didn't know a whole lot about it. Can some kind MousePlanet person please fill me in?? We are headed to Disneyland June 1 and 2. A special pin lanyard would be WONDERFUL!!! (and that whole meeting Donald thing from my previous thread would be awsome too!!)

dznyphreak
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
If someone doesn't post faster than me...

The Dream Squad is dressed differently than other CMs (someone else can tell you the specifics...I forget) and have big black packs. They come in small packs and don't walk far from where they come onstage. The people who gave me my pin lanyard stood on opposite sides of the tunnel under the train tracks by the entrance and handed out lanyards to anyone who would take them (which is surprisingly few...I digress).

Good luck on winning something! Just don't steal my Grand Marshal Trip! ;)

Klutch
03-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Good luck getting a lanyard. I did at WDW last December. :cool:

However, you just have to accept it's random. You can't stalk the Dream Squad. They're wise to that tactic, which is why they now seem to appear out of nowhere. You're not going to figure out when and where the Dream Squad will appear. Enjoy your Disneyland visits and forget about the Dream Squad. Dollars to doughnuts, the harder you try, the less likely you are to win.

Also, it seems the squad often hand out prizes in a controlled area, like at an attraction exit or boarding area, which prevents lookie-loos from stampeding in hopes of reaping whatever is being handed out.

azolivas
03-15-2007, 07:58 PM
we won dream fast passes on Monday as we exited Small World. Very nice surprise!!!!! A few minutes later as we walked thru Fantasy Land, I had several people ask me where I won them at. Not sure if they tried to go over there or not!

UsBurchs
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Sounds fun! I guess we'll just see what happens and enjoy the "magic" if it happens! :) Thanks for filling me in. Yeah, no matter what, we'll still enjoy the trip. We just LOVE Disneyland!! (and being in the parade again is special in itself!)

BarbD
03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
We won mickey hats as we exited Peter Pan last Friday. It was early morning and not too many on the ride yet too.

Gramiangel420
03-16-2007, 11:59 AM
:) We will be there the week after Easter. It would be fun to win, but I agree that you just have to go about the business of having fun and hope that the squad finds you.
It would be a terrible thing to waste all of the magic time looking to get prizes. Don't get me wrong I LOVE prizes.
I will be the dorky grandma going all on of the rides I can manage. :geek:

someimagination
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I once saw two Dream Squad CM's backstage on my way to lunch, and I asked if they had a prize in their bags... they said yes, and when I asked them if they could tell me, they said no... I replied with a smile, "Would you have to kill me afterwards?" and the guy just looked at me with a 'that-was-stupid-and-in-no-way-funny' look and said, "No I'd get fired."

So much for humor :rolleyes:

MrTomMorrow
03-16-2007, 05:47 PM
It's weird... I haven't seen that many "dream squad" members walking around the park. Out of an entire day, I might see only them once or twice. I thought there'd be a lot more of them roaming the parks. And I never see them giving out gifts... they're just standing there...

someimagination
03-16-2007, 06:02 PM
The Dream Squad CM's who are normally just out roaming the park, are usually just representatives who walk around and answer questions, carry maps and guides, etc. They wear the blue/khaki costume. Sometimes they'll 'backdoor' a family on a ride, and make magical memories. If they're wearing a white vest, those are typically the CM's that carry the more elaborate gifts and prizes.

Darkbeer
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Here is the Prize Patrol in action from March 8th.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2559560/1/134805254/Medium

Interesting to note, the Randomizer computer picked a location in which one side of the path was blocked off due to refurb (painting), so they were having a hard time giving hats away, as the rules stated the person had to walk over a certain line in the concrete.

Notice the white vests, the Prize Patrol ONLY has them on when they are awarding prizes, so that is the main thing to look out for.

I have seen them out and giving out prizes many times, and this was my second prize won in the parks.

Vault Disney
03-17-2007, 07:09 PM
We received Dream Fastpasses as we exited Pinocchio. :) It was awesome.

tinkgrl81
03-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I just got back from disneyland and we won dream fastpasses yesterday!!! It happened when we were exiting indy. We were sooooo excited!!