PDA

View Full Version : We need to see Donald . . .

UsBurchs
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, once again it has been decided that UsBurchs will be in another Disneyland Parade on June 2 (with the Horseless Carriage Club of Southern CA). Our little boy (age 2 1/2) completely remembers EVERYTHING (except the parade which he slept through!!!) from last year and can't wait to go again. However, he was extreamly disappointed last year that he didn't get to meet Donald Duck.

Does anyone know a good tip for meeting Donald?? He seems quite elusive! We only have 1 1/2 days at Disney (one day with our little family, then another 1/2 day after the parade with the grandparents).

Last year was all about meeting characters for him. I think he'll be a little bit more into the rides this year, but he still LOVES the characters! Looking at all the trip photos is one of his favorite things to do.

Thanks in advance!! :)

tigga please
03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Donald is the Rodney Dangerfield of Disney characters

samsma
03-15-2007, 04:31 PM
We saw donald in DCA at Hollywood Backlot area. I don't know the exact name of the outfit he was in but we call him"painter Donald". He had on a colorful sweater and red beret.

mickeyxminnie
03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
justin is very very adament that this time we NEED to meet donald.. he was so angry that last time we were in disneyland and dca for 4 days and didnt see him.

shouldnt he be a frequent character in toontown?

DebT
03-15-2007, 05:59 PM
We were at Disneyland the beginning of this month and my 4-year-old son was obsessed with seeing Donald too. What worked for us was attending Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness (obtained the passes through Costco package). After the ceremony Donald has a meet and greet by his boat. Even if you can't attend Morning Madness, guest services may be able to tell you about Donalds appearances that day.

PanFan
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes, contact City Hall or the info board near the Hub. They'll be able to call the Toonfinder for you and let you know when and if he's going to be out. I've seen him in Toon Town and in Town Square. He's not completely elusive, but definitely not as common as the rest of the Fab Five. Good luck!

socaltexan02
03-16-2007, 07:49 AM
I saw him both Mon. and Tues. this week in the middle of Town Square (in the morning). The rest of my party wasn't quite as excited as I was, not knowing he is rather elusive. I've also seen him in Toon Town, but not recently.

On a related note...is Daisy EVER available for meet and greets?

samsma
03-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Daisy is at the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at PCH. Other than that I don't know.

emilousmom
03-16-2007, 08:50 AM
We FINALLY saw Donald at the front of DL. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip n Dale, and Donald were all out in some blue outfit things, make the Dream outfits?

My daughter chased Daisy, but I don't think we ever actually met her.

I know how you feel. My kid wants to see Lilo and Stitch allt he time. They are hard to find. And Jojo. WE got lucky last time and Jojo was there. We went to the Lilo breakfast to see the other two, even though we weren't going to DL that day,lol.

GL

Ang

UsBurchs
03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh, good idea . . . I'll go to City Hall and ask them. That should work. Yes, we saw Daisy at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast too. Sad thing is, as soon as she left, my son asked "Where Duck?" (meaning Donald).

BTW, the Lilo and Stitch breakfast was great. At the time, Stitch was my son's favorite (now they ALL are). After Stitch ran around with the kids playing games, he noticed that my son (not quite two at the time) had been a little left out, being so young. He spent extra time with us afterward and we have a GREAT photo of us with Stitch!

Thanks for the City Hall suggestion - I forgot about that!

Donald Duck Fan68
03-16-2007, 07:29 PM
On our last trip, we were there for 7 days, I only saw Donald twice. One one day, he was at Goofy's kitchen (but I wasn't able to meet him, just saw him inside). Then, on our last day, my son and I went to Toon Town Morning Madness and met him at his boat. I couldn't believe how elusive he was. Now that I think about it, I also saw him in the Christmas Fantasy parade, but you can't really stop the parade and interact with him, so I didn't count that.