PDA

View Full Version : Another Parking Question

mousemom
03-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm confused! :confused: I understand that once you pay for parking you will be directed to one of the parking lots but where do I go to pay for the parking? Please help!

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
you go to the lot entrance

mousemom
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Okay...that makes sense. Now, I was looking for the Pumba lot mentioned in a thread and couldn't find it on the Disney website. Is it also called the Timon?

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 03:45 PM
no that lot is off site, its across the street from the Timon

mousemom
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the quick answer! Hey, I don't want to take the tram because I'll have too big of a stroller etc. to deal with. Which lot would be best for someone walking from their car?

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
well depends when you get there, I wish I could park at Pumba but its always closed and Timon always fills up so they direct me always to that blasted parking structure that sucks.

mousemom
03-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Okay, so I'll try to avoid that parking structure. I'm looking at next Tuesday which is an early entry day and the park opens to everyone else at 9 am. If I get there by 7:30 am do you think I could get into the Timon? Is there a walkway I can follow from there to main gates?

PanFan
03-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, there's a walkway--and it's much shorter than the walk from Mickey and Friends. With a stroller, that would definitely be your best option if you can time it right to get in. Sometimes it's not open on slower days, but this time of year is considered peak season (spring break), so chances are good that it will be. I don't know distance for sure, but it seems to me that Pumbaa is at least as far away as Mickey and Friends. Or maybe the walk is just uninteresting. For whatever reason, I tend to avoid it. If you are funneled to Mickey and Friends, there are two special rows on the trams that accommodate strollers (at the very front and very back), but the lines for those are usually pretty long. 7:30 sounds pretty early to me, especially since those using Early Entry will be at the hotels and not need to use the parking lot. I would think you'd be fine for at least an hour or two after park opening, but don't take my word for it.

mousemom
03-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks...that helps a lot! On with the planning!:D