PDA

View Full Version : My Double Dreams Day

AVP
03-15-2007, 09:10 AM
I've wanted a pair of Dream Ears ever since the Year of a Million Dreams promotion began, and you would think that someone who is at Disneyland as often as I am would have a fairly good shot at winning a pair.

Nope, not me. I've never even seen a distribution in person. Never mind the sheer number of people I know who work for or around the Dream Squad, it's like they go into hiding when my AP is scanned. I've seen them walking TO a drop point, I've seen them coming back FROM a drop point, but I've never been in the right place at the right time.

I was walking through Downtown Disney yesterday morning and saw quite a number of people carrying Dream Ears. And they were not holding them like they'd had them all day, they were looking at them like they'd never seen them before. I turned a corner and there they were - the Dream Squad, handing out Dream Ears. I was so happy... *sigh*

About 2 hours later I was in Frontierland and noticed the same thing - a stream of people coming around a corner, all holding the Dream Pin Lanyards. Sure enough, I turned that corner to find another pair of Dream Squad members handing out the Dream Lanyards. Twice in one day!

Now I need to buy a lottery ticket.

AVP

disneyshoes
03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
That is great :)

Niwel
03-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Lucky! Still hasn't happened to me.
Although, knowing my luck, it'll happen in the middle of MA :rolleyes:

rentayenta
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Very cool AVP. I hope we receive a "dream" in December. My Chloe is about the luckiest kid ever. She gets chosen for everything. I am going to rub her little head for good luck.

adriennek
03-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Did anyone offer to buy it from you?

:~D

Adrienne

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats so cool!!
Last Sunday we had just gotten off Alice in Wonderland and were walking through the exit gate when the dream squad came running up, they called to my DD (who is 6) to hold the gate, the hustled right past her and started handing out the lanyards. Later, we walked off POTC right as the Dream Squad was handing out the last of the dream fast passes. Gotta tell you, just wasn't our day.

tinker3
03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
That is awesome! Maybe you should consider a quick trip to Vegas & continue that lucky streak! ;)

Koukla
03-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Way to go, AVP! The stars must have been in aligment that day. :D

. . . we had just gotten off Alice in Wonderland and were walking through the exit gate when the dream squad came running up, they called to my DD (who is 6) to hold the gate <snip>

They asked your DD to hold the gate and they didn't bother handing her one after she politely held the gate open for them? Now that's just wrooooong! :mad: :crying: I'll keep my fingers crossed you have better luck next visit, if you do go back before the end of the YOAMD.

crrees
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Did anyone offer to buy it from you?

:~D

Adrienne

hahahaha thanks for the chuckle

adriennek
03-15-2007, 08:24 PM
hahahaha thanks for the chuckle

Thanks for laughing. :D

Adrienne

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Way to go, AVP! The stars must have been in aligment that day. :D

They asked your DD to hold the gate and they didn't bother handing her one after she politely held the gate open for them? Now that's just wrooooong! :mad: :crying: I'll keep my fingers crossed you have better luck next visit, if you do go back before the end of the YOAMD.

The beauty of childhood, she was so proud of herself for holding open the gate when asked, we've been working on having good manners and being considerate. She didn't even notice the snub.

We have not had a DL dreamsquad encounter, but in December at the Magic Kingdom WDW my daughter and her friend had a magical moment, cruise directors for IASW.

Still holding out for the dream fast pass.................................Oh heck... lets go big, the night in Mickey's penthouse!!!!!!!!

bbqbear
03-16-2007, 06:59 AM
My wife and I had a double dream in February. I had some quick business in Anaheim on Feb 5th. After I finished I went to Disneyland for a couple of quick rides. I left the park and grabbed a sandwich from Napolini to-go. I
walked over to a planter bench by House of Blues,and sat down to eat my sandwich. That's when the Dream team approched me and said I won a prize... It was the Mickey's Penthouse. What a great afternoon and evening(dinner and parade Grand Marshall).

Then Later that week my wife had a conference in Garden Grove.My daughter and I came down Friday night to join her. We went to the park Saturday and did the regular family Disney stuff, no prizes. Our daughter had some shoes that she needed to return to Rain Forest Cafe that she for got to bring on Saturday so Sunday we went back on our way home to return the shoes. While she was in the store my wife took a cell phone call, sat down at a planter bench and bamm the dream team approched her and said she won a prize....The Mickey Penthouse... twice in one week.. the Disney team could not believe the same family won twice in less than 6 days...either could we!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-16-2007, 07:23 AM
That is terrific.

onederland
03-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah that is great:) I thought you had to be in the park to win, guess not..

cynthia312
03-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I've wanted a pair of Dream Ears ever since the Year of a Million Dreams promotion began, and you would think that someone who is at Disneyland as often as I am would have a fairly good shot at winning a pair.

Nope, not me. I've never even seen a distribution in person. Never mind the sheer number of people I know who work for or around the Dream Squad, it's like they go into hiding when my AP is scanned. I've seen them walking TO a drop point, I've seen them coming back FROM a drop point, but I've never been in the right place at the right time.

I was walking through Downtown Disney yesterday morning and saw quite a number of people carrying Dream Ears. And they were not holding them like they'd had them all day, they were looking at them like they'd never seen them before. I turned a corner and there they were - the Dream Squad, handing out Dream Ears. I was so happy... *sigh*

About 2 hours later I was in Frontierland and noticed the same thing - a stream of people coming around a corner, all holding the Dream Pin Lanyards. Sure enough, I turned that corner to find another pair of Dream Squad members handing out the Dream Lanyards. Twice in one day!

Now I need to buy a lottery ticket.

AVP

LUCKY!!! i am so jealous!! yeah, i still haven't gotten anything yet. and this "year of a million dreams" promotion is gonna end soon right? sighh...i wish that can be me. im not hoping for two dream prizes, ONE... just ONE would be fantastic for me!

ELIZABETH
03-24-2007, 08:18 PM
The beauty of childhood, she was so proud of herself for holding open the gate when asked, we've been working on having good manners and being considerate. She didn't even notice the snub.

We have not had a DL dreamsquad encounter, but in December at the Magic Kingdom WDW my daughter and her friend had a magical moment, cruise directors for IASW.

Still holding out for the dream fast pass.................................Oh heck... lets go big, the night in Mickey's penthouse!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad your daughter didn't feel bad. We also saw evidence of the dreamsquad all around us but we were never targeted by them personally. It has become a joke with our family - we call it "The Year of a Million Disappointments". I can't wait until this one's over and we move on to the next big promotion!!!

Malcon10t
03-24-2007, 08:51 PM
We've won 6 or 7 sets of ears and 6 lanyards. I like the lanyards best so far.

nvmom
03-24-2007, 09:15 PM
We didn't even see the Dream Team (as we call them :) ) during our Feb trip. Not a single sighting. It's out joke that they don't even exist -lol. No, we saw evidence of them... and kept hoping.

nvmom

hlbtimes2
03-24-2007, 09:58 PM
walked over to a planter bench by House of Blues,and sat down to eat my sandwich. That's when the Dream team approched me and said I won a prize... snip ....... wife took a cell phone call, sat down at a planter bench and bamm the dream team approched her and said she won a prize....The Mickey Penthouse... twice in one week.. the Disney team could not believe the same family won twice in less than 6 days...either could we!

Note to self: spend much time at planter benches in DTD during trip.