PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Port or any other Pizza in DLR... Save Your Money!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ABombbmoBA
03-14-2007, 11:40 PM
I had the pizza at Pizza Port in Disneyland and had it at the pizza place in California Adventure... it is GOD AWFUL... At $6 per slice... I expected so much better. Also... @ Pizza port... just because the soda fountains are in the middle and are self serve... don't assume refills are free. I got quite a few dirty looks for refilling 3 cups (myself and 2 kids). Nothing was said, but I get the feeling the free refills are a "no no!" at Pizza Port.

potterphreak
03-15-2007, 05:12 AM
At Pizza Port, I never get the pizza, I always get the pasta. Either the Fusilli (I think I spelled that wrong! LOL) if I am going to share cos the portion is
H-U-G-E or the kids spaghetti meal (also, VERY filling for 1!!). I find these meals to be VERY good deals as they are tasty and like I said, HUGE!!!

No comment on the pizza tho, cos I've never had it.

Stupid_American
03-15-2007, 06:14 AM
We are salad fans at the Port.

EvilQueen_76
03-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Love The Salad

missm
03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
In March 2004 my mom and I went to RRPP and shared pasta, foccacia garlic bread, and each got a salad. I had ranch, she had ceasar. She threw up for the next 2 days on our vacation. Lucky we were in Palm Springs for those 2 days and not at Disneyland but still, she was cooped up in the house while everyone else was out doing fun stuff. I haven't eaten at RRPP since which is a bummer because I liked the free refills. I do agree that is is a sub par pizza place so I don't waste my money there.

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 08:52 AM
DL pizza I think is just weird, sometimes its just horrible, and sometimes its actually good. But I haven't had it in sometime really. But I heard that the pizza place in downtown disney is just as bad, and I believe it too look wise

evrythngwmn
03-15-2007, 08:57 AM
The policy on drinks is that if you serve yourself refills are permitted.

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I say, if parking goes up and tix go up and food goes up, you're intitled for all the refills you want, they make that in one day selling $30 ponchos when it looks like rain

Nancy
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I have brought a soda cup from Coke Corner into Pizza Port and told the CM as I entered and they had no problem. I have always gotten refills in the park and no one has ever complained.

charpaul
03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Pizza Port IS a place you can get a free refill on your soda!!

It is one of four places IN Disneyland where that is possible (Zocalo, Plaza Inn, French Market are the other three). Any place where YOU serve/fill yourself a soda at the resort will allow you to get the refills for free.

Gone2Disneyland
03-15-2007, 10:00 AM
The policy on drinks is that if you serve yourself refills are permitted.

Thanks. I never knew that.

hefferdude
03-15-2007, 11:15 AM
My DW and I always split a slice and some salad at RRPP and have never encountered any problems. :)

rentayenta
03-15-2007, 11:28 AM
We have had the pizza there many times and have never had a problem. We must keep catching them on their good days. We usually get a big salad, a pasta, and a slice of pizza and everyone walks away full and happy.

missm
03-15-2007, 12:08 PM
I say, if parking goes up and tix go up and food goes up, you're intitled for all the refills you want, they make that in one day selling $30 ponchos when it looks like rain

$30 ponchos???? Where is that at? I bought one for about 8 bucks a few years ago.

just beatla33
03-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I was being sarcastic, I'm just surprised anyone would even pay $8 for one

Darkbeer
03-15-2007, 01:03 PM
The Best Pizza at the DLR is at the Cove Bar...

BBQ Chicken Pizza, much more of an Artisan pizza than a traditional Pizza that kids would like.

The Goofy's Kitchen Pizzas aren't bad, I actually like the Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza...

Also the Storyteller Cafe Pizzas are good and made to order, for the kids, they have a make your own pizza. They bring out an uncooked pizza and the ingrediants, the kids places the ingridents in the amount and position they want, then it is taken to the oven.

Many kids make designs with the Pepperoni, kida cute.

hlbtimes2
03-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I've only bought the pizza once. It was ok, but not great. We love the pasta at Pizza port. I usually get the kids ravioli with the white sauce, then share a salad with dh.

missm
03-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think $8 is very much for a poncho. I have seen them for more than that at REI. Even at Target they are almost $5. I DO think that mine was a waste of money because I wore it only once and coming from the NW it was weird of me to buy it.

disneyhound
03-15-2007, 01:44 PM
My dd and I agree with the majority of folks, Disneyland pizza is pretty bad!!

On our January DL vacation, we ordered Pizza Hut pizza! We got two pizzas, and a 2-liter bottle of soda, delivered with tip, for $20. We printed off coupons before we left for vacation. We had one for dinner, put the other in the frig for snacking on the next day. Most economical meals at Disneyland are those eaten outside the park!! ;)

tinker3
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I love the peperoni salad at Pizza port, and my kids & hubby LOVE the chicken fusilli. I was able to get the recipe from city hall and made it last week, it was Yummy! :)

spectromen
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Personally, I'd exit the park and walk up Disneyland Drive, turn right on Katella, and cross the street at Walnut and have delicious pizza at Marri's. Then walk it off by walking back to the Resort! ;)

jeffthechef
03-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Do yourself a favor and try not to eat in the parks. The hotels, DTD and surrounding areas are by far better and cheaper, imho...:fez:

Malcon10t
03-15-2007, 04:40 PM
We are another vote for Pizza Port. I can get the 5 of us dinner at what I consider a reasonable price. I don't like leaving the park to eat every meal. We enjoy Pizza Port, and while the pizza isn't Round Table, the kids like it and I can get the Chicken Fuselli and salad!!!! And free refills!

jefhar
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Another vote for Pizza Port. We've eaten there at least six times and no one's ever become sick. The pizza and pasta were always great! I'll be eating there again in two weeks.

FunAuntSherry
03-15-2007, 08:00 PM

I made the crazy decision to go in Feb/March one year and the whole week we were there it was rainy. Needless to say, I had gone with the weather.com websites "mostly sunny" and "68-72 degree" temps nonsense and packed everything summer and not a stitch of "Utah" Feb/March attire. It rained and wind blew and we were so wet/chilly that first we bough some sweater/jackets but they were just getting wet and not blocking the wind - and then we saw them - gleaming in yellow and there wasn't a $ amount that I wouldn't have considered that day!! We bought ponchos and an umbrella and the trip was much brighter! Of course I still have the ponchos and they're packed in the luggage just in case.... so I won't have to buy them again ;) - oh, and I got a bunch for the rest of the party we'll be meeting up with from the dollar store.... :) but I don't expect rain. Mostly because I'll be prepared for it.