PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland DVD

disneyshoes
03-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know of a Disneyland DVD that shows inside the park...previews of rides, attractions, ect.
I got the Disneyland planning DVD but it pretty much covered the resorts and did not have much detail about Disneyland itself.

The kids are really getting excited- could not wait to watch the planning DVD and were disappointed that they could not see the lands/rides.

Beach Gal
03-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Amazon has some great DVDs which showcase the Disneyland Resort. One is a sing-a-long which is great for smaller children. It was made in 1990 so some of the newer attractions won't be on the DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Songs-Disneyland-Fun/dp/B0009X75W4/ref=cm_lmf_tit_11_rsrssi0/102-7214444-6508141

Another great Disneyland DVD on Amazon was made in the 1960s:
http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Treasures-Disneyland-USA/dp/B00005KARE

Modern Marvels from the History Channel also has a DVD about the greater Los Angeles area. Disneyland is featured on this DVD:
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=75149

And as a last resort, (if you have Tevo), do a search for Samantha Brown's show on Travel Channel. She often tours and shows behind-the-scenes facts about both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts!
http://travel.discovery.com/tv/samantha-brown/samantha-brown.html

disneyshoes
03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow- great info! Thanks, I will start searching tonight!

Beach Gal
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
My pleasure! I also forgot to mention this website: http://www.mousetimes.com

You can click on "media" and preview almost any show or attraction at Disneyland! Turn up your speakers, grab the kids and enjoy! Have a fun vacation!

cfitz/pirates
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I love the Disneyland sing along DVD, I bought it a few years ago to show my DD Disneyland it was a great introduction for her.

neverlander
03-15-2007, 07:31 AM
My kids are on Disneyland's website almost daily! Click on attractions, and many of them show videos of the rides. It's pretty cool. We tape anything we can from the Travel Channel that's Disney-related.
Once you're there, my advice is to videotape as much as you can. I have a dilemma of choosing whether to have my face in the camera or really take in the moment... But, both times we returned from DL, our kids say they wish we would have taped more. They watch those videos almost daily as well.
This is really silly, and didn't turn out that well, but I even set up my video camera to tape the "Top 10" attractions at DL that was played at our hotel. (It plays continually on the TVs at resort hotels.)
One more suggestion is to look for Disneyland books. We ordered one a couple of years ago called Disneyland: Magical Memories. Boy, is it worn! Great pictures and history.
I think we enjoy the anticipation almost as much as our vacations. My kindergartener just walked in and asked, "When you're done with that email, can I get on the DL site?" I appeased her by turning on our home video instead. (They inherited the DL bug from me... my husband just shakes his head and doesn't understand how we can watch the same videos over and over and over again!)
Good luck.

mickeyxminnie
03-15-2007, 07:38 AM
if your not bothered about production there is a 20 disc dvd set out there for disneyland resort.. its at laughingplace.com store and also on ebay..

we got it and love it, it is filmed by a fan basically walking through the parks and going on any rides they can go on.. it also features downtown disney, the resort hotels, and DCA, fantasmic, the aladin musical, remember fireworks, the parade, block part bash, electrical light parade and almost all rides..

theres no commentary on there its just disneyland resort!

GORGON
03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
What happened to the Disneyland Video that was supposed to come out during the 50th , I think it was titled Behind the Scenes or Best Kept Secrets. Sorry i forgot but it was on preorder on Amazon at one time and taken off.:confused:

woody9six
03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll vouch for the Sing-a-long Songs DVD. My daughter who is 3.5 loves it! I don't know how old your kids are, but unless they are teens, they get some level of enjoyment out of it. Just prepare yourself for having these songs burned indellibly into your consciousness.

My daughter is currently the only 3 year old I know who can sing along with "Grim Grinning Ghosts" (although she calls it "Two Grinning Ghosts"). She has never gone on the ride, but her interest is certainly piqued because of the video. She keps telling me she wants to go on it...but we'll see. She tends to be much braver outside of the park than in.

geoffa
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
What happened to the Disneyland Video that was supposed to come out during the 50th , I think it was titled Behind the Scenes or Best Kept Secrets. Sorry i forgot but it was on preorder on Amazon at one time and taken off.:confused:

It was put on "back order". I placed an order with Amazon ages ago and I'm still waiting.:crying: