PDA

View Full Version : How long is the wait for Muppet 3-D?

mask41
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
How long would you expect to wait to get into Muppet 3-D at DCA? I assume this is a continually repeating show throughout the day. If you hit it exactly wrong, what is the longest you would have to wait for the seating and the beginning of the next show?
I'm trying to hit Soarin', Muppets and Monsters, Inc. before heading to Ariel's for the meet n' greet, then to WWSnacks for lunch and just wondering how feasible this morning plan is.
Thanks,
Amy

Vegitabeta
03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm guessing the show is about 20mins long, I've never timed it though.

just beatla33
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
well depends how early you get there before the next showing, if you get there 5 minutes before the showtime, then the wait is 5 minutes. Pretend you're going to see a movie in a theater......and the show is 17 minutes 30 seconds

Quinten27
03-14-2007, 01:43 PM
When I was down there last spring, we got in line JUST as they closed off that showing. So we decided to wait, had the entry lobby to ourselves for a few minutes, then more people starting showing..........all in all, it was maybe a 20 minute wait.........and they do have some "pre-show" type things in the lobby to keep you from getting too bored.

Niwel
03-14-2007, 01:43 PM
The preshow is very cute ... and the waiting area has so many sight gags to enjoy while you are waiting you might want to skip a show just to check em all out. ;)

mask41
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Sounds awesome - thanks, my question is answered - 40 min. MAX at that venue!!!
-Amy

Vegitabeta
03-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Make sure you walk down to the front of the waiting area, there's loadsa cool stuff down there to look at!:)

Niwel
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Make sure you walk down to the front of the waiting area, there's loadsa cool stuff down there to look at!:)

As many of our previous MA players will attest to ;)

danyoung
03-14-2007, 01:58 PM
The preshow is very cute ... and the waiting area has so many sight gags to enjoy while you are waiting you might want to skip a show just to check em all out. ;)

I did exactly this on a recent visit. I got into the preshow area just as they were opening the main doors. I didn't think I had enough time to soak in the preshow, so I just stayed put till they closed the doors. There is just so much incredible detail in the props in that room, and the multi-screen preshow on the monitors is corny but fun!

PanFan
03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
As many of our previous MA players will attest to ;)

Gggggrrrrrrr.......

I still get mad at myself when I think about that quest--we spent like 2 hours on it. Would have had it in probably 1 if I wasn't stupid and mispelled "sulfuric" (with a "ph" or was it the other way around?) and couldn't get it to fit in the blanks. Ended up taking the help and kicking myself the rest of the day (yeah, totally my fault on that one!).

Niwel
03-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I still get mad at myself when I think about that quest--we spent like 2 hours on it. Ended up taking the help and kicking myself the rest of the day (yeah, totally my fault on that one!).

Sorry PanFan -- I take responsibility for part of that quest ... I came up with the idea to do something with that and gathered the info and another evil staffer turned it into what you saw. But ya had fun didn't ya? ;)

PanFan
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
The quest itself was great (though we were confused at first at what was meant by "Millionaire side" since we hadn't gone to DCA while that was still playing and didn't know where it was--ultimately we ended up writing down words on both sides, then finally figuring out which one was the right side). Once we had our word list, it was just a matter of filling in the blanks--and I used to do these kinds of puzzles all the time, so I thought I was good at it. I would have been had I been able to spell (or rather look at how a word was spelled). Completely my fault. But last fall another teammate had issues with spelling (Sacajawea is spelled with a "j" not a "g"), so evidently it's not just me!