PDA

View Full Version : misc. questions.

missm
03-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Hello all. I have been searching through old threads looking at various things I would like to now about. I have found some good info but would like to pick your (extremely helpful) brains on a few subjects.

I read that California Screamin' can cause problems with a digital camera. Has anyone had any experience with that?

How is the pot pie in the resort? Also I read about the fried chicken at Club Buzz how is that? I am trying really hard to branch out of my normal dining options (Blue Bayou, Riverbelle, Tast Pilots, etc.)

We are eating at Hook's Point for dinner one night so if you have any recommendations on what to get let me know.

How is Riverbelle Terrace for dinner? I eat breakfast there every trip but never anything else.

I am going with my boyfriend who has never been before and I am just trying to make his first time as fun as possible. I need him to see the magic so we can keep going as much as I like too. He doesn't think he is going to be that impressed with DL or DCA. I'm hoping I can change his mind with this trip.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I don't think my trips would be as great as they are without all of your help.

samsma
03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Never had a problem with our camera on screamin'. Never even heard of that before.

missm
03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
I had never heard that either. That's why it suprised me. I am going to try and find the exact place I read it once I am not at work anymore. The exact terms were "wreaks havoc on digital cameras" I remember that much.

nsaul1211
03-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi there! I hope that I can give you a few recommendations.

I am not aware of any problems with digital cameras on Screamin, personally I believe that if that was the case it would happen on any roller coaster.

As far as food goes, if you are looking for fried chicken you might want to go to the French Market in New Orleans Square. It is pretty decent there.

I've eaten at Riverbelle and am not terribly impressed with it. I would consider going to French Market or to one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney or at one of the Hotels.

Hook's Point is very good, I believe that I got the Salmon or a Bass and it was very good. If you are lucky they sometimes have a steak and lobster dinner for only 30 bucks and its really good.

I've never had the pot pie but I think I saw one at Carnation Café that looked very good.

If your boyfriend is kind of on the fence right now I would recommend starting him on the faster rides first to loosen him up like Space Mountain, Matterhorn etc. Then once he's more open to DL then you can probably get him on some slower ones that he might find boring before.

Okay I think I've spoken long enough and seeing how I am in a very boring class in school right now I should probably pay some attention. :) (gotta love my cellphone)

hbquikcomjamesl
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Screamin' does use some sort of linear induction launcher, which presumably puts out a fairly strong magnetic field. I wouldn't want to have any floppy disks on me. Then again, it's not a ride that especially interests me.

"Club Buzz" -- As in Tomorrowland Terrace? I've had it, but it's not nearly as good as the chicken at the Plaza Inn (which is some of the best I've had anywhere at any price).

stan4d_steph
03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
You can check out reader-submitted restaurant reviews in our MousePlanet database at this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews).

Wendi
03-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Lobster Spring Rolls at Hook's Pointe are yummy... it's all about that spicy dipping sauce mmmm!!!

I think Riverbelle is pretty good for dinner, I've only had dinner there once and got the salmon. My main gripe with it is that the lines move at a snail's pace and it can be very hard to find a table once you're loaded down with trays... so scope it out first.

Bytebear
03-14-2007, 10:18 AM
To get your boyfriend in the Disney spirit, I would go for the big E-ticket rides as much as possible. Ride Big Thunder like 3 or 4 times. For the slower rides, like Small World, or Snow White, just snuggle up and make it romantic. That should keep him happy.

LostBoy02
03-14-2007, 10:32 AM
One thing you should try to do is get the long slow moving lines out of the way early when they are less packed. Try to get there when they open the gates and hit SpaceM or BTMRR. Save the fast moving lines like the HM, PotC, and JungleCruise for later in the afternoon when the sun is hitting hard and you just want to get on a ride asap. I suggest staying away from Fantasyland for the first trip unless you want to scare him with those long switchbacks and loud kids :).

missm
03-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone! Honestly I tend to stay out of Fantasyland in general. I just am soooo excited to go with him. I feel like it's my first time. I'm all giddy.

simnia
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Hook's Pointe has been closed for the last few weeks, at least, so you may want to check if it will be open the date you arrive.

jeffthechef
03-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Definately make a left when entering the park and go straight to Indy! If that doesn't impress, then don't hold out for much:crying: .

I would recommend Fantasy Land at night as it has a whole new feel with all of the lights:)

neverlander
03-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I need him to see the magic so we can keep going as much as I like too. He doesn't think he is going to be that impressed with DL or DCA. I'm hoping I can change his mind with this trip.
I think Soarin' is the most impressive ride I've ever been on!

missm
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I think Soarin' is the most impressive ride I've ever been on!

I love that ride. That is on my list of first rides to take him on. I think that I will just let him make his decision though. I figure at the least we can go every other year and let him choose what vacation we go on during the off years.

Gone2Disneyland
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I just tried the BBQ platter at the River Belle Terrace Monday. It wasn't impressive. My friends and I usually go to Café Orleans for dinner after work and get Monte Cristos, salads, and the Pommes Frites. Yummm!

Have you had breakfast at Carnation Café? I used to swear by my Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle. But my friends took me to CC once, and the food and table service there have spoiled me now.

Malcon10t
03-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I can see my daughter's reaction to a BF not liking DL... "You don't like Disney? It was nice meeting you...."