PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! and other observations from June 7th

Darkbeer
06-08-2002, 02:56 AM
I went to the park this afternoon/evening.....

Fantasmic! was exactly the same as last year (there were some internet rumors of changes). Things went fairly smoothly, crowd control was doing a great job of keeping the pathways clear, and moving, the area was full for both shows.

The 10 o'clock showing was delayed 15 minutes. The announcement claimed a potential glitch, but the reset time is usually 65 minutes, and they only had 35 minutes "officially". The show started at 10:15, which might have the plan from the start (the park closed at 10 PM tonight).

The Ursula "float" is still MIA, as it was last year. I wouldn't count on seeing it come back anytime this year!

Now, as for Tom Sawyer's Island, I visited it in the afternoon, Injun Joe's Cave is now open, and actually didn't smell today!!! The Pontoon bridge and the treehouse are also open.

(UGH, Italy just got shafted, they called a GREAT goal offsides, when it WASN'T!!!!, oh well, at least in this World Cup, you have two things to complain about, the new Fevernova Ball, and the Referees ;)

The middle rock climbing and cave area is completely roped off, as are the caves directly below the fort.

Also, while I was on the Island, they temporarly closed down the Fort, due to a guest getting injured, and they sent Health Services (couldn't miss him, he had a BIG backpack with supplies, and the title "Health Services" on the back.... They also had a manager taking a report (of course). The injury did not seem serious, but, alas, the more injuries there are out on the island, the less likely they will allow the "interactive physical activities" to continue....

Also, I got on the Train, and they held it up at the New Orleans Station due to the fact that someone got onto the tracks along the Rivers of America... they held it up until Security could remove the "idiot" !!! :(

Splash Mountain was out of FastPasses at 4 PM, and had a 70 minute wait on the stand-by line. (Thank goodness for Single Rider passes)

Walked quickly thru DCA, went on Soarin', and stopped by the Avalon Cove bar, but, alas, no TV, so kept walking, first to the Paradise Pier Hotel, the bar had one Big Screen, but the seating wasn't very good, and neither was the sound of the Lakers game... Kept walking to the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.... it was there that I watched the second half of the Lakers game.... WHAT A GAME!!! 106-83, now off to New Jersey, can the Lakers sweep, and win the trophy on Wednesday????

Then had a quick walk to JUST make it for the start of the 9 PM Fantasmic!, walked and stood for the first show, but had a great seat (indian style on the pavement), front and center, for the late show....

Lots of work still to do on 'iasw', the air gates haven't been installed yet... now Disney.com shows the return date as July 25th!!!

Over at the Carrousel/Dumbo, they have "shrunk" the walls, and now the Sword in the Stone area is available...

Over at Dumbo, the 'left" control booth (looking from the Castle's gate) is behind rehab walls, as is the Organ area, directly behind Dumbo.

The Cosmic Planter is still dry, and the new rubber surface is already showing LOTS of stains......

Disneyland had great crowds, DCA was quiet was normal.....

GOOOOOOOOAL, ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now back to my DLR visit.....

Eric was my Jungle Cruise guide, and he did a great job, except he still trying to find out which is better, Jello OR Pudding. (But, the answer is Popcorn, beer, and Laker wins ;)

Also the young lady who said hello to me, and was very nice! (Jungle Cruise CM) while I was walking thru the queue to go be tortured by Eric, oops, I mean be entertained by Eric ;)

They had Double Pooh today, with Pooh and Friends at Both the Small World and Critter Country Meet and Greats, that evil bear is taking over the entire park....

By the way, Ariel looked lovely as always in Fantasmic!, if somebody could provide a phone number or e-mail address ;)... Tall Redheads... SIGH!!!

Glad to see Fantasmic! back.... Now if they could just find some paint for the 'iasw' facade

Croatia ends up scoring two late goals, and defeats Italy, 2-1..... Brazil - China is next, and then tomorrow... Ecuador will kick Mexico's butt :D

Darkbeer
06-08-2002, 04:06 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot one thing, they moved the Country Bear Poster, and placed it next to the Old Enterance to the CBJ. They also placed a sign that is about THREE times the size of the movie poster, starring Max, Buff, and (oops, I forgot), and the "kid" bear, with the teddy bear.... basically saying that the Country Bears have taken their music "on the road", and that they are NO longer at Disneyland, and the "kid" bear mentions that a NEW attraction should be opening in the spring of 2003.

Hopefully that will help the Critter Country CM's cut down their "story telling". :cool:

MagicBeliever
06-08-2002, 07:19 AM
thanks for the update. very helpful information. :)