PDA

View Full Version : Is This Possible? [Electrical Parade and Fireworks on same night]

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Since we have only 6 weeks to go I started looking through the disney event schedual and realise that there are two must do's but they are on the same night. So I thought I would ask the opinions of all the wise DL vets. and see if what I have in mind can be done.

The problem is that we are only in Anaheime for 1 weekend night during our trip. I would love to see the electric parade in DCA at 845 but I also notice that there are fireworks at 930. Is it possible to see both of these shows on the same night? Am I only dreaming? Can anyone tell me what I should do?? I want to see both but can't see it being possible, unless the fireworks are good from outside the park, or are they a must see inside the park?? Any imput would be helpfull
THX

samsma
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Don't they do the fireworks on Fridays too? Or are you not there for Friday?

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I am speaking about a friday night, our flight leaves at 9pm on Saturday so we won't be there that day.

mickeyxminnie
03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
we have to do exactly this.. we didnt realise that the way we had planned our trip, we are only going to disneyland and DCA on sunday and the rest are during the week when they are not doing either the fireworks or electrical light parade :( last time we were there they did the fireworks every night..

SeansMom
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I would love to see the electric parade in DCA at 845 but I also notice that there are fireworks at 930. Is it possible to see both of these shows on the same night? Am I only dreaming? Can anyone tell me what I should do?? I want to see both but can't see it being possible, unless the fireworks are good from outside the park, or are they a must see inside the park?? Any imput would be helpfull
THX

We did this once. It worked. We sat as close to the entrance to DCA as possible and caught the parade. As soon as the American Eagle float came into view, we prepared to exit the park and head for DL. Now, we didn't get front of the castle seats, but we DID see the firewords. So, yeah, it's possible :).

Baloo
03-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Its possible if you walk quickly.

If i am correct the electrical parade starts from the Paradise pier gate and ends near the entrance gate.

If you say it starts at 8:45pm then maybe you could sit near the Golden Dreams San francisco row area. Watch the parade which most likely would arrive that area around 8:50pm. Watch the parade. as soon as you see the Eagle float near your spot start walking thru grizzley peak. normally not too busy at that time. Go thru Condor flats and stay as close to the Burrbank icecream train and out the entrance. Walk steady towards disneyland paying close attention to what gate has the least line and is moving.

Walk in thru the left bridge under the train and start finding your way to somewhere in mainstreet plaza or mainstreet.

Evn if you miss the first minute or two of the fireworks its not too bad the rest of the show is spectacular.

I do reccomend you watch the fireworks inside the park though. Although they are nice outside without the audio they seam slow paced and fragmented since you do not see many of the lower pyros and effects of the show.

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-14-2007, 05:10 AM
So where exactly do they set the fireworks off inside the park?? And where are the best seats found??

Foodie
03-14-2007, 05:17 AM
I was there in August and we were faced with that same dilemma, but we ended up making it work out. Go to the parade at DCA, and do like the others said, sit as close to the entrance as possible. As soon as the last float goes past, run, and I mean literally run, out of DCA and across to D-Land. It might take a minute or two to get through the gate, but when you do, head up to the entrance of the Main Street train station. They usually don't let you stay on the stairs, but if you can make it to the door of the station, you can turn and watch the entire fireworks from that vantage point. It's a great point of view, you get to see everything. Good luck!! :D

danyoung
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
If you say it starts at 8:45pm then maybe you could sit near the Golden Dreams San francisco row area.

If the goal is to get to DL quickly, I'd watch right from under the Golden Gate Bridge. Then you can head quickly to the gates and line up to get into DL. Unfortunately there'll be a few thousand other people doing exactly the same thing. Just be patient, and as someone else said don't expect to get a front row seat for the fireworks. Just move up Main Street to where the crowds start and you'll be fine. I've done this a couple times, and while there are a few hectic minutes, it's very cool to see both events on the same night!

DangerMouse
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM
We did this successfully in January and I would disagree with others who are saying to watch it at the DCA entrance. That area gets packed and it takes a long time for the parade to make it from Paradise Pier all the way up to the Plaza.

We watched down by the Golden Zephyr. As soon as we saw the last float we started walking briskly out behind the Grizzley River Rapids area and were able to exit the park before the parade even hit the Plaza. We made it into DL and were right in the middle of Main Street and still waited for about 5 minutes for the fireworks to start. We even caught one last ride on Space before the park closed. It was a PERFECT night!

danyoung
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
DangerMouse, I can see the logic of your plan, now that I think about it - I may try it next visit!

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-15-2007, 06:54 AM
THX everyone for your advice. I hope we can do both, I was thinking the same thing to start with, go to the start of the parade watch it and then RUN (well walk briskly) over to DL. I hope this works out so we get to see both events, our last trip we were only there during the week and didn't see either event. I am so excited, and I still have 5 1/2 weeks to go.