PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel standard rooms

landj
03-13-2007, 06:42 AM
This question is for anyone who has stayed at the DLH in a standard room.

I have looked & the only pictures I have seen show either a King( or 2 Queens- which we booked) but they also show a couch.....is it a sofabed?

A Big Fan
03-13-2007, 07:04 AM
It's been 4 yrs since our last stay in DLH, but ours was not.
We had a St. room overlooking Neverland pool.

Bird&Belle
03-13-2007, 07:15 AM
We stayed in a standard room in the Sierra Tower in 2005. Yes, it did have a sofa with that could be used as a bed. It was not a traditional pull-out sofabed. Instead you removed the back cushions and the bottom cushion was approximately twin size (?). It was fine for our young daughter, but I'm not sure if it would be comfortable for someone larger. It was more like a daybed then a sofabed. Hope that helps.

tinker3
03-13-2007, 07:33 AM
We just stayed there in Feb. and yes it's a bed. Like Bird said, it's not a pull out bed, you just take out the back cushion. It's a decent size, not for a large adult though. We stayed in the Sierra tower also, I remember reading here that the rooms in that tower are a bit more spacious. The sierra tower is also closest to DTD & the monorail. You also have a mini fridge in your room, it came in handy for us! :) Enjoy!

sjcivilady
03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
My cousin stayed there last fall and was disappointed that there wasn't an in-room little coffee maker. just an fyi. She was really surprised; we've always had one, even in the cheapest motels.

Malcon10t
03-13-2007, 12:48 PM
My cousin stayed there last fall and was disappointed that there wasn't an in-room little coffee maker. just an fyi. She was really surprised; we've always had one, even in the cheapest motels.Ask for one. Its my understanding they will bring you one.

vancouverdisneygrl
03-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I remember staying at the Disneyland hotel, we always asked for a fridge and a coffee maker, they can bring in more than you realize. Don't be afraid to ask, always ask if there is a charge first though. It is a full service hotel--they should be able to bring almost anything you ask for. (especially for the prices charged!)

foolishmortal
03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
we stayed there in june 2006 the room is nice. Request the serria tower at check in at night you can see the fireworks in the park and view of matterhorn. There is a couch that you take the back cusions off and a child is quite happy there. Request extra sheets and blankets for couch. If you want a coffee maker just ask at the desk, they don't put them in the rooms because of the amount of very small childern at DLH. The frig. sometimes is not the best so I always bring a small ice chest for milk and anything else I think needs to be really cold. Hope this helps!

Wendi
03-13-2007, 02:25 PM
I've never had the little couch in my rooms there, just two beds... they always tell me at check in that if I would like a coffee maker I can have one brought up to the room. The fridge is standard and its located in the armoire.

Bolivar
03-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Request the serria tower at check in at night you can see the fireworks in the park and view of matterhorn.

Only if you are on the resort side of the building, the other side looks over the pool. You also have to be high enough to see over the DTD buildings. Sixth floor and up is best, but folks paying the extra charge for a "view" room will have preference for these rooms, but if one is available they will give it to you.

Nancy
03-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I can't remember if it was DLH or the PP but once we had an oversized chair that opened to a smaller than twin size bed (but not much smaller). We always get a "twin" convertable couch at DLH now.

landj
03-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies, so it can be hit & miss with the couch. It would be a 13yr old on it anyways so I think she would be fine.

I am hoping we get the couch though, not too concerned about the coffee maker but I had heard you can ask for one.

I will be celebrating my 40th birthday( that is why we sprung for the DLH instead the usual off property) and it will be our first time staying on property.
I know the hotel is older but I think the atmosphere & the "Disney" feel is best at the DLH that is why we chose it.

rentayenta
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
You can request a room with the couch/bed. The linens for it are kept in the closet on the top shelf. My kids think the couch/bed is much more comfy than a traditional pull out bed, no frame to contend with.

Burnt Toast
03-14-2007, 01:23 AM
For standard rooms there rooms with 1 queen, 2 queens, 2 doubles, 1 king (usually the wheelchair accessible rooms), 1 king and a daybed, 1 queen and a daybed, and 2 queens and a daybed. Some rooms do have a twin pull-out instead of the daybed, not very many of them though. Some rooms have vanities, most rooms do not. It's just the way the hotel was built... I was convinced it was designed by a five year old because rooms right next to each other might have completely different layouts and bedding due to size and shape of the room.

A rollaway bed can be requested (not guaranteed and subject to availability). Rooms with 1 queen definitely cannot accommodate a rollaway.

Bedding preference is never guaranteed and is supposed to be advised as such when making any reservation with WDTC (Walt Disney Travel Company, they do packages with tickets) or CRO (Central Reservations, they do room only with or without tickets).

Coffee makers (with coffee) is by request only, they are not automatically in the rooms, through housekeeping. Coffee makers aren't in all the rooms because, from what I was told when I worked there, they would strain the old and outdated electrical systems too much. Not everyone uses them anyways.

Extra bedding should be in the closet, as well as a pack-n-play (not a crib!), but if it isn't... just call housekeeping and they'll send them up for you. The pack-n-play has NO bedding, just a fitted sheet, you must provide your own bedding (do not use the "adult" sized bedding for it, it's a safety hazard for your child).

Sierra actually has the smallest rooms. Bonita has the largest. Sierra also only has VERY few "City/Standard View" rooms, they are located on the second through fourth floors on both sides of the tower and also the rooms going all the way up the building on the DTD that is obstructed by the concierge elevator. Tower preferences are also never guaranteed and is supposed to be advised with every reservation (or the reservationist risks getting a write-up).

If you have your heart set on Sierra... book a "Pool/Resort View" room. Still, even then you aren't guaranteed to have the DTD and might instead have the pool side.

geoffa
03-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Can't find an image of a standrad room but here are the floorplans:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/details?id=StandardRoomDLHGuestRoomsAndSuitesHMFPa ge

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
03-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the info Burnt Toast. My family and I stayed in Dec 05 in the Bonita tower. It was 2 queens without a couch. We had to request a roll-away and a pip. I wish I would have known ahead of time the pip did not come with bedding.

landj
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I am just getting so excited for September( even though we go for Easter too but off property stay again).

The request is in for the 2Q although not guaranteed. It is just we are going for sure in case my friend comes with her child( they are not for sure yet but we booked).