PDA

View Full Version : In/out parking privileges at Disneyland?

vancouverdisneygrl
03-13-2007, 06:37 AM
I have never rented a car to drive around Anaheim(always did shuttle), so I was wondering when I do park in the Disneyland parking lot, are there in/out privileges or do you have to pay a second time if you return the same day? Also, how full would the parking lot be if I got there around 8:30-9:00 am?

Darkbeer
03-13-2007, 07:13 AM
I have never rented a car to drive around Anaheim(always did shuttle), so I was wondering when I do park in the Disneyland parking lot, are there in/out privileges or do you have to pay a second time if you return the same day? Also, how full would the parking lot be if I got there around 8:30-9:00 am?

Just save your parking receipt, it is dated, and show it when you return, there will be no extra charge.

If you are talking about the next 5 weeks, the parking lots will be busy around 8:30 AM, I would plan for 30 to 35 minutes from the time you get in line to enter to the time you get off the tram near the security gates.

My preferences...

1. Walk

2. Shuttle/ART

3. Park

In fact, I prefer to park in Pummba on Disney Way if it is open, usually a short wait at the toll booth, easy parking, and then walk to the park (no tram service is offered).

The worst choice, IMHO is the Timon Lot entrance on Harbor, you never know where you will park, most of the time, you will be sent to Simba or the Parking Structure, which are two bad choices, if they are parking the actual Timon Lot, then that is a good choice, but there is no way to tell where they are sending the cars when you enter the line for the Toll Booths.

Also, based on the crowd reports, there is a decent chance that when you return to park in the afternoon/evening, the main lots might already be filled, and you could be sent to the outer lots to park.

vancouverdisneygrl
03-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I was told that my 3 day park hopper pass also includes free parking in the parking lot. I am not sure which lot it is for though. Anyone know abou this?

woody9six
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I was told that my 3 day park hopper pass also includes free parking in the parking lot. I am not sure which lot it is for though. Anyone know abou this?

Expect that it will be Mickey & Friends

AVP
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
If you have not read this week's Disneyland Resort Park Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070312xx), you missed a good Tip of the Week that might help if you plan to park in the Mickey & Friends structure:

In addition to the main entrance to the Mickey and Friends parking structure, there is also a little-known side entrance. Bypassing the main entrance in favor of the side gate can save you as much as 20 minutes on busy days.

To get there, turn right onto Magic Way as if you were going to Downtown Disney, but stay in the right lane. The side entrance is just past the entrance to Downtown Disney, on the right after the signal. The side entrance is not always open on slow weekdays, but is almost always open on weekends and busy weekdays.

Darkbeer
03-13-2007, 05:17 PM

If you got the ParkHopper thru AAA/CAA, then yes, the ParkHopper, in fine print, should say it allows free parking in the Mickey and Friends Structure.

But if you are within walking distance from your hotel, leave the car at the hotel and walk!

Darkbeer
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
If you have not read this week's Disneyland Resort Park Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070312xx), you missed a good Tip of the Week that might help if you plan to park in the Mickey & Friends structure:

Note, this entrance is usually closed in the evening and when the Parking Structure is full, I would check it out, and if needed, find another entrance.

Also, when the Timon Lot entrance is sending cars to the Parking Structure, the line can be as bad, if not worse than the main entrance, as there are only 2 toll booths available at the secondary entrance.

Karin
03-13-2007, 05:46 PM

I thought this was a special secret when you told me, now everyone knows! Man... <pouting> :p

yohomama212
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
My mom always uses that entrance! I'll have to let her know that once again she has discovered a secret route that we didn't even know was secret! DH prefers Timon, though I have no idea why. When we go on Friday nights for fireworks, we usually get diverted to Mickey and on this past Sunday afternoon we had to park in Simba.

Liz :cool:

Andrew
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
The first rule of the Magic Way entrance is you do not talk about the Magic Way entrance.

The second rule of the Magic Way entrance is you do not talk about the Magic Way entrance!

tod
03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
The first rule of the Magic Way entrance is you do not talk about the Magic Way entrance.

The second rule of the Magic Way entrance is you do not talk about the Magic Way entrance!

Don't worry about it. If everybody who reads Mouseplanet goes to the Mag-- the secret entrance -- they probably won't go the same time you do!

--t

mousemom
03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
How early do the parking lots open? If I want to go to an early character breakfast or stay late at Downtown Disney will I have any problems?:confused: