PDA

View Full Version : Questions re: Disney Rewards Visa

mask41
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I got my card in the mail today - yahoo!! But, I have a couple of questions regarding some benefits:
I found no details about the Meet n' Greet Event that it seems we are now entitled. Could someone share some details?
Stroller rentals - just show them our card?
Is there a source to see a list of the dining establishments that offer a discount?
Or a source on-line that explains all of this?
Thanks,
Amy

Malcon10t
03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
From http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=disney_dlr_ph_bag&page=cont&mkid=67NZ03 (also click on the java Theme Park Benefits to see the stroller benefit.)

3. Offers valid through 9/30/07. Present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for special offers or entry into the Character Meet 'N' Greet Event. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Minimum purchase and/or separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to availability, and additional restrictions, and may change without notice.

5. The Disneyland® Resort Character Meet 'N' Greet Event is offered once daily at a selected time at Disney's California Adventure® Park. Separate theme park admission required. Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for entry for up to 6 people per card. Operating time, days of the week, location and appearance of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability and location capacity. Offer includes one complimentary 5x7 Disney Friends Portrait per valid cardmember account.

6. At the Disneyland® Resort, dining offer excludes alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity. Discount valid at the following restaurant locations: in Disneyland® Park: Rancho del Zocalo, Carnation Cafe and Redd Rockett's Pizza Port; in Disney's California Adventure® Park: Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Wine Country Trattoria and The Vineyard Room; at Disneyland® Resort Hotels: Granville's Steak House (from 6:00pm - 10pm only), Yamabuki and Disney's PCH Grill. Subject to restaurant operating hours and restaurant closures. Restaurant seating is subject to availability.

8. At the Disneyland® Resort, a $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction purchase is required to receive discount. Discount is not valid on purchases of DVD, VHS, software media, Walt Disney Classics Collections, Walt Disney Art Classics, original or limited-edition artwork, selected collectibles, food or beverage, Disney Dollars, Gift Cards, Ticket Media, Park Admission, Arcades, shipping or taxes. Discount does not apply at the following locations: Midway games, Fairytale Arts, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Face Painting, or at any Downtown Disney® District location other than World of Disney® Store, Marceline's Confectionery, and Disney's Pin Traders. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases.

itig
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Stroller rentals - just show them our card?

Yep, just that easy.

mask41
03-13-2007, 07:27 AM
From http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=disney_dlr_ph_bag&page=cont&mkid=67NZ03 (also click on the java Theme Park Benefits to see the stroller benefit.)
5. The Disneyland® Resort Character Meet 'N' Greet Event is offered once daily at a selected time at Disney's California Adventure® Park. Separate theme park admission required. Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for entry for up to 6 people per card. Operating time, days of the week, location and appearance of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability and location capacity. Offer includes one complimentary 5x7 Disney Friends Portrait per valid cardmember account.

Thanks for the info. I am still fishing for more Meet n' Greet Events. Now I know it is held in DCA one time daily. Can someone fill me in on what this event entails and is it listed in the Times Guide or do we ask at the Guest info booth for time and place?
Thanks for anymore info on the Meet n' Greet!
-Amy

acpalmer
03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I am still fishing for more Meet n' Greet Events. Now I know it is held in DCA one time daily. Can someone fill me in on what this event entails and is it listed in the Times Guide or do we ask at the Guest info booth for time and place?
Thanks for anymore info on the Meet n' Greet!
-Amy

It is not listed in the Times Guide, but is always from 10:00-11:30 at Ariel's Grotto (the Restaurant in DCA). There will be a CM outside that you need to show your card to and then he/she will let you in. Just go down the stairs and the characters are there. We were there once when there was a short line, another when there wasn't anyone else. The characters (2 of them at a time) change every 30 minutes and USUALLY rotate between Mickey/Goofy and Chip/Dale. After you play with them, get autographs, get pics taken, etc. then they will give you the coupon to use to get your free photo at one of the photo shops. We went to the photo shop on Main Street in DL and they allowed us to choose any photo we wanted for our free one. Some have reported that they were only allowed to get the photo that had been taken at Ariel's at the M&G, though, so YMMV on that part! I think that about does it!

IdahoMike
03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
It is 10-11:30 daily in Ariel's Grotto. There will be someone greeting outside to let you in (they have to tell non cardholders that the restaurant isn't open too.). You go downstairs and get great character interaction with either Chip & Dale or Goofy & Mickey, depending on the day. We have never seen any other characters there, but maybe someone else can add their 2 cents if they got anyone different. All you have to do is show your Disney VISA, and they give you a pass for a free photo. My wife and I each have a card, so we get 2 free photos, and you can do this every day of your visit, there is no limit. The other nice thing is, if your character photo doesn't turn out great, you can use the freebie coupon on any photo that was taken on your "photopass" card that the disney photographers use.