PDA

View Full Version : The best ride to be on during the fireworks!

MonorailMan
06-07-2002, 06:24 PM
What's your favorite ride to be on during the fireworks?

I am spilt between 3:
Big Thunder (right over the tallest hill is great to see them)
The Monorail (They stoped special for us to see the fireworks :cool:)
Sun Wheel (You Can See Them Good)

The view from Soarin' isn't bad ether, a little close for me. ;)

Ace
06-07-2002, 07:54 PM
nah, I like the "standing in front of ROA" ride the best.

MouseWife
06-07-2002, 09:24 PM
This is from the Christmas of 2000. So I don't know if it is the same.

We were staying at the Paradise Pier and it wasn't our Disneyland Day. But, we wanted to see the fireworks. We went
to the third floor where the pool is. Went behind the concession stand {?} and enjoyed the view from the balcony.

You can also see them from the balcony at the end of each floor but I think you also get locked out. ;)

Uncle Dick
06-07-2002, 11:32 PM
The Matterhorn. It's fun to pop in and out of the mountain with explosives going off all around you.

The Mickey & Friends Tram. Zooming along the tram route and watching the fireworks go off in the breaks between the trees, getting closer and closer to the parking structure.

Innoventions. Great view from 2nd floor balcony.

Rallymonkey23
06-07-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Innoventions. Great view from 2nd floor balcony.

I still have to try this one. Can you still see the ball behind the castle from there. I'm trying to visualize it but can't since I hardly ever go into Innoventions. :D

MagicBeliever
06-08-2002, 07:23 AM
When I was 9 years old, we were incidentally on the Storybook Land Boats when the fireworks started, and they stopped the ride so everybody could sit and watch. It was terrific.

feb02
06-09-2002, 02:44 PM
My husband says being backstage in the Entertainment building is the best, the whole building shakes and once in a while catches on fire.
The fireworks cannon canyon (whew, say that three times fast!) is right next door.

I like hanging out at the Toontown Depot, or on the backside of the castle so you can see "tinkerbell" just before she hits the mattress on her "landing"
Any CMs been there when he/she does? It's hilarious!

Uncle Dick
06-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23

I still have to try this one. Can you still see the ball behind the castle from there.
I don't know. The one time that I saw the fireworks from Innoventions was the only time I've ever bothered to actually stand there and watch the whole thing. One of these days I'm going to have to view them from the castle area.

Gemini Cricket
06-09-2002, 03:37 PM
PeopleMover used to be the best. SkyWay used to be second. Now, I'd say Storybookland Canal Boats. :)

HTHBellcaptain
06-09-2002, 07:39 PM
I loved watching the fireworks from the Skyway, but I loved the skyway at anytime of the day. I miss it.:crying:

merlinjones
06-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Skyway!
PeopleMover
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship
Rocket Jets