PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Summer Hours

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Was just checking Disneyland.com... What is with the 8AM-11PM Disneyland hours, even on saturday?? I was just there last week and it was open til Midnight on Saturday. Anyone have any insight on this? Is the website just outdated (btw the web site did say Midnight for the closing last Saturday, which was correct)? Why would the hours go to an earlier closing in the busy Summer?

MonorailMan
06-07-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Was just checking Disneyland.com... What is with the 8AM-11PM Disneyland hours, even on saturday?? I was just there last week and it was open til Midnight on Saturday. Anyone have any insight on this? Is the website just outdated (btw the web site did say Midnight for the closing last Saturday, which was correct)? Why would the hours go to an earlier closing in the busy Summer?

Some times they decide to keep it open until 12, instead of 11. :)

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Doesn't happen that they change hours that day very often... The days of 8-12 hours in the summer...How I miss old times.

Dreamstaker
06-07-2002, 08:24 PM
This Saturday and next (06/08 & 06/15) say 8am to 12am as of Friday 06/07) on the Disney website.

They must be fine tuning.

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 10:39 PM
I think they are doing some fine tuning, because now I'm getting Disneyland closing at 10 PM this Tuesday 8 PM this Wed. and 9 PM this Thurs... definitely makes no sense :confused:

adriennek
06-07-2002, 10:48 PM
Grad Nights.

That explains the earlier closings.

Adrienne K

MagicBeliever
06-08-2002, 08:25 AM
According to Al Lutz's column, the park has changed their hours for the summer and will in fact be open until midnight. Disney.com hasn't reflected this yet.

spacemtncastmbr
06-08-2002, 11:58 AM
disneyland starting i believe the 15th will be at midnight closings everyday for all of summer.

Darkbeer
06-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Thursday, June 20th, the park closes at 9 PM due to a Grad Nite later that evening.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
06-08-2002, 07:27 PM
I find it interesting the last midnight closing is on June 19 - the last day So Cal AP are good until late August. Could the delay in updating the rest of June and July to midnight closing be because Disney is not sure if it's nessesary with all those APs shut off for the summer?

SoCalDisneyLover
06-09-2002, 02:01 AM
I would imagine the Increase in Tourists during July & August, more than makes up for the loss of So Cal AP's. Isn't that the primary reason that pass is excluded during this period? Because those are the months the park does more than enough business, and is crowded enough to warrant staying open late.

Dreamstaker
06-09-2002, 11:02 AM
I wonder why they don't have different blackout days for DCA. If you have a SoCal or Delux AP that is blocked for Disneyland but open for DCA, you might go.

Since they have low attendance at DCA, and you have already purchased a pass, wouldn't this help increase spending (food, drinks and such) and bring people over to DCA?

DLfreak
06-09-2002, 01:37 PM
That seems like a good idea, Dreamstaker. :) Of course it doesn't matter to me, being a Premium AP holder, but it seems that that would be a good way to bring in a little extra money, which of course is what Disney is all about these days. :rolleyes:

cstephens
06-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Dreamstaker
I wonder why they don't have different blackout days for DCA. If you have a SoCal or Delux AP that is blocked for Disneyland but open for DCA, you might go.

Aren't both entry systems tied together? I'm not sure they'd be able to have it blip "ok" on one side and blip "no" on the other. And I can see the endless arguments now. 2-park AP - if it's good in one park on a certain day, why isn't it good in another park? Also, blockout days also apply to parking, so they'd have to increase the price of the parking pass.

Disneylandman
06-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah, the park will now be closing at midnight throuout the summer and then on weekends after that! :D