PDA

View Full Version : Speeds of Rides

jeffthechef
03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know if rides such as Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion have adjustable speeds? Many times, it seems like you are going so fast that you cannot appreciate all of the details...

hlbtimes2
03-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Its my understanding that they can't really make them go faster because they can only go as fast as they can load and unload guests. People can only get in and out so fast, if they made the cars speed through they would end up with cars backing up.

smd4
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Sounds like Jeff wants to know if the ride can go slower, not faster.

hlbtimes2
03-12-2007, 12:28 PM
He said sometimes it seems to go faster then others. "Adjustable" speed would have to go both ways, wouldnt it? LOL

smd4
03-12-2007, 01:03 PM
He said sometimes it seems to go faster then others. "Adjustable" speed would have to go both ways, wouldnt it? LOL
Sorry--I don't see anywhere in his post where he said "sometimes it seems to go faster than others." Unless he edited when I wasn't looking. ;)

He does ask, however, whether the speed is adjustable. Seeming to suggest, based on the context of his post, that he hopes the answer is "yes" so he could see the details better.

Wendi
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
On the Mysteries, Myths and Legends tour our last ride was HMH and it was at park closing so we were the last group on. They absolutely slowed the ride down and I got to really take in a lot of details, it was fabulous. I don't know about other rides, and whether or not they do this regularly during slower/busier times but I can say that it is at least possible on Haunted Mansion.

hlbtimes2
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry--I don't see anywhere in his post where he said "sometimes it seems to go faster than others." Unless he edited when I wasn't looking. ;)

He does ask, however, whether the speed is adjustable. Seeming to suggest, based on the context of his post, that he hopes the answer is "yes" so he could see the details better.

I guess we are reading it differently. I read it as sometimes it seems to go faster, do they speed it up. And you are reading it as can they slow it down. I know I've heard people suggest that some rides go faster now, compared to when they were first opened, to increase the capacity. Which is not typically the case becuase of load/ unload times.