PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Oceanside

peebs
03-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Hello,
We are planning a trip to DLR this August but we are staying all the way down in Oceanside. Our stay is part of a family reunion and our accommodations are paid for. Needless to say, we are excited about the trip but I am dreading the commute. My question is, how early do we need to leave Oceanside to arrive at DLR by park opening. Also, what can I expect on our trip back to Oceanside in the evening hours. Again, our trip is mid-August and we are planning to go to the parks on Wednesday and Thursday.
Thank you

Malcon10t
03-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Hello,
We are planning a trip to DLR this August but we are staying all the way down in Oceanside. Our stay is part of a family reunion and our accommodations are paid for. Needless to say, we are excited about the trip but I am dreading the commute. My question is, how early do we need to leave Oceanside to arrive at DLR by park opening. Also, what can I expect on our trip back to Oceanside in the evening hours. Again, our trip is mid-August and we are planning to go to the parks on Wednesday and Thursday.
Thank youConsider looking for a cheap room for Wed night. If you stay til close, then get up early to come back up, it will probably really wear on you.

silence
03-12-2007, 03:09 PM
i agree, i would probably try to find a super cheap place to stay the night. my brother lives in oceanside and every trip we make that drive for a day for a visit. i can't imagine driving there and back two days in a row if i could avoid it.

Zigen
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
From Oside, it shouldn't take more than 1 hour 15 mins in no traffic and driving with the pace of traffic. I would give 1.5 or 2 hours just to be safe tho. Better early than right as the park is opening I think. Be the 1st in line, 1st in the park if you can, you wont regret it. If you get there right as the park is opening, expect to wait in some serious lines (security check) just to get in line to the park to get in line inside for a ride.

The trip back depends on what time you leave the park. Traffic can be painful but the majority of it is heading north. There could be some slow spots. If you leave pretty late, I wouldnt really worry bout traffic.

peebs
03-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Thank you! I appreciate all of the great advice. 2 years ago we stayed at the contemporary resort in WDW the week before Christmas so were a little spoiled with being able to go back to the hotel for breaks. Not the case this time. We will definately get to the park early, at least on day 1 :)

Phantom2006
03-14-2007, 02:44 AM
I live in Oceanside. When I go to Disneyland, if I want to get there on time I try to leave no later then 6:30 am (if park opens at 8). For me it takes time to get on the 78, and it takes awhile once you get in the parking structure to get the front gate. I usually leave at midnight, and the I-5 south is clear all the way back.