PDA

View Full Version : Disney Club

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 04:58 PM
Anyone a member of this? I was looking to get some feedback (and yes mods I realize this isn't the correct forum, but I wanted some feedback from Disneyland visitors as to its usefulness at the parks). I am a Premium AP Holder and it doesn't seem too expensive to get a Disney Club membership. I tried searching the forums for feedback, but only found a fairly old thread. Is this card useful for the park or hotel reservations (I'm from out of town so hotels are something I need ;) ). Also I intend to start increasing my Disney DVD collection soon, I tried the disney club web site but couldn't find any solid info as to the perks? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about this aspect of the Disney Company. Thanks!

bjensen71
06-07-2002, 05:50 PM
I have a Disney Club Card and truthfully, the only things I've used it for were the discount at the Disney Store (10% off all purchases) and for purchases over $50 at the parks. We live in Idaho though, so we don't use it at the parks very often ;)

I have not used it for any travel perks, we booked our travel for our last trip on our own and stayed at the Park Place Inn rather than at a Disney property.

We have Deluxe AP's that get us the same discounts at the restaurants, though I think it was good at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner or something that the AP wasn't good for.

Hope this helps!

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 05:52 PM
I've been looking into this more, and it really doesn't get me anything more than my Premium AP. The ONLY thing I could find a good use for it was for Disney DVD's, but does anyone know a good place to get these for a good price (I honestly doubt the Disney Store is a good price ;) )

RStar
06-07-2002, 06:06 PM
I was the Magic Kingdom Club director at my company before they changed to the Disney Club. I'm also an AP. So I can answer any questions you may have.

I like the Disney Club for a number of reasons. One is for the 10% discount on the DVD/videos and such from the Disney Store (as well as the Disney Catalog). You also get dicounts from most of the stores and resturants at DTD (some are only good Mon.-Thur.), and of course the $10 discount on the APs. For my family of four I make up the $29.95 it costs (If your place of employment use to have the MCK you can get the discount, otherwise it is $39.95). The discounts in the park are 10% off merchandise purchases over $50. If you have a premium AP, this is of no value really. You can also get discounts on multi-day passes at the parks for guests (you must buy them for them) that you may take to the park. No discounts on one day passes, or the lower AP. All members of you family can use the card.

They also have special discounts all through the year, and once you have the card with the number, you can sign in on the web site and see all there is. I got free preview tickets to see the Rookie at DTD befor it came out. You can also get deals (usually in the off season) for all three hotels as well.

When you join the club you also get free membership to the "entertainment" club. This gets you discounts on alot of hotels and resturaunts all over the USA.

The Disney Club also gets you rental car discounts through Enterprise, and you'll get the Disney Magazine free as well.

They send you a newsletter once a month with specials at DLR & WDW, and it usually has coupons in it. I got a buy one-get-one free trading pin once.

To get a taste go to www.disneysampler.com and they will send you some info and coupons (I think it is still running:confused: )

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you can't sign up at work, you can get the form from the Disney Store or on line.

And have fun:D

RStar
06-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
I've been looking into this more, and it really doesn't get me anything more than my Premium AP. The ONLY thing I could find a good use for it was for Disney DVD's, but does anyone know a good place to get these for a good price (I honestly doubt the Disney Store is a good price ;) )

The price at the Disney Store is the same price the other stores have them for. After a while of being out they are allowed to put them on sale, but if you pre-order at the Disney Store you can get free gifts with them!

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 07:03 PM
Need a chapter # for that sampling thing. Being a student with no job someone wanna help me out ;) ?

Tigertail777
06-08-2002, 02:30 AM
I tried doing this too, and have no clue what they mean by a chapter # --what the heck is this????

hmbldr
06-08-2002, 03:55 AM
I think this was missed, but the biggest thing I use my Disney Club for is hotel discounts, followed by park pass discounts. The hotel discounts range from 10 to 30%, depending on the type of resort. Availabilty varies, but I have always been able to book on discount.

funnygarcia
06-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Actually the car rental discount is thru National NOT Enterprise- they also give you free membership in National's Emerald Club that lets you pick whatever car is available in the emerald row (so u might get lucky and get a luxury car for intermediate price)- it also allows u to skip the counter when renting.
If you use it to book trips to DL or WDW they give you special discounts - as part of our Disney Travel pkg I mentioned I have Dsiney Club and they knocked off another $50 plus they sent me vouchers for an Additional pin - it had Tinkerbell on it and says"Disney Club". A pin trading CM told me these are very rare and not to trade them - or if we do trade then ask for 4 pins for that one pin. It is very cute but I may trade at least one of them as we have 4 of the same ...
DTD has all sorts of deals w Disney Club coupons u print out on their web site but be forewarned DTD employees have no clue how to key in the discounts and one store REFUSED to give us the discount , the manager claimed I had cut off the UPC code on the bottom of coupon -- there are no codes on the bottom of the coupon!!! But he refused to listen to us so we returned one of the small items we purchased and decided not to shop there again (it was one of the surf shops ... not the pricey one .. can't remember the name...) We did manage to use one at the Build- A Bear place but he gave us such a sour look when I brought it out- they were mad at us any way as we went -- gasp- the wrong way in the checkout line (and no one else was waiting in line ahead of us any way - they were very rude - maybe because we didn't bring our kids w us to pick out our bear??? and did not offer us their punch card either... oh well we love our bear !!)

As for the DVDs - yes you can use your discount at Disney Store to get 10% off but sometimes they offer $2 off per DVD deal (but you must choose ur 10% off or the $2 off-- NOT both!)

Check our http://www.mousesavers.com for a whole list of the discounts, sometimes she lists special codes to get $10 off the membership fee!!

RStar
06-10-2002, 08:04 AM
Oh ya, your'e right. It is National ( I was pulling all that from memory) rental car.

The Charter number they are asking for is the one used for the old Magic Kingdom Club. You would have to work (or have a family member that works) at a buisness that use to have it (the whole buisness had the same number). You get that old number and it's the key to get you on the web site for the coupons, as well as the $10 discount on the membership. Ask your family if their buisness had the Magic Kingdom club, or if they still have their card. The number works no matter what the experation date ( they don't ask for the date, it's no longer an issue). I hope that helps.:)