PDA

View Full Version : quick trip report 3/11/07 including a fire

drjones
03-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm not one to post trip reports normanlly, but todays adventure brough to light a few new experiences.

decided kind of spur of the moment to have a daddy/daughter day with my 4 yo. it was kind of nice to be one of the 1st to park in the timon lot as we arrived arond 9:30ish to 10. the park wasn't very crowded and we got to ride the horse drawn carriages as soon as we walked in. this carriage was drawn by a beautiful nowwegian horse named "Red". My daughter loves horses so this was a treat, as we rarely arive while the horses are out.
We litererally walked on Dumbo and the Carousel and walked towards riverbelle for mickey mouse pancakes. My daughter loves animals so we decided to see the goats at big thunder ranch.

Surprise! Baby goats! 5 of the females had babies. There were a few grey ones, 2 brown ones and a gorgeous white one. We took a few pics of those. and spent quite a while questioning the CM's about them.

Then off for breakfast. nothing new about them except the fact that my DD actually was able to eat all her pancakes this time.

then off to pirates. 10 min wait max. and I'm actually amazed I got her on, as like her mom, she is afraid of this ride.

a quick romp through Tarzan's treehouse and we decided to check out the new effects on Alice in Wonderland. Afterword, i noticed the sun going away and looked up to see smoke rising from what looked to be from the Lion king lot. so I called the DW and she sid there wa a fire in anaheim hills. (not far from where my boss lives) So I gave him a call to see if things were ok. He said the fire hadn't reached them yet but some of their neighbors had evacuated.

well, the sky got pretty nasty and i didn't want my daughter subject to the smoke so i bribed her into leaving by buying her that electronic monorail toy set from the emporium. (she says we left because she was tired). she spent the rest of the day playing with that at home.

So, baby goats (i really want the white one) and a fire. Pretty exciting for a 4 yo. i hope it's under control now ( i havent seen the news yet). if it isn't maybe I'll leave work early tomorrow.

i took a few pics, but i don't know how to post them. any pointers.

disneyroxxx
03-12-2007, 05:53 AM
you can use www.photobucket.com or any other site that lets you upload photos. Then upload your pics to that site and copy the link of the pictures and paste them here.

sounds like a fun but interesting trip! your daughter seems adorable!