PDA

View Full Version : 1-day Disneyland & rental stroller info?

PixieDustMommy
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry, this is looong!
My husband, 4yo son and 5 month old daughter along w/my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their 4 kids (9,7,5 &3) will be spending just ONE day @ DL on March 19. This will be our (hubby & me) 4th DL trip, but a first for ALL of the kids (6 total) and my in-laws. We don't really plan on doing any "big" rides (except Indy which I WILL NOT skip) - the only kids that are tall enough aren't BRAVE enough! ;o) I just bought the RideMax thingy, and am trying to figure out a plan for the day. Does anyone have any suggestions? This will be my 13th DL trip, but I've NEVER been for just 1 day, and never w/small children. I've got a few questions:
#1: Where is a good place to sit and eat a lunch that we will be bringing in? We're footing the whole bill, and just cannot afford to feed 10 people (ok, 9 really - baby is nursing) in the park.
#2: Does anyone have any info on the rental strollers? We'll be bringing one of our own, but w/4 kids 5 & under, SOMEONE is gonna get tired and need a rest. Do they have double strollers? Can one kid lay in a double stroller?
#3: On a Monday, how early should we be claiming a spot for the parade @ 7?
Thanks sooo much for any info & sorry the post is so long!

itig
03-11-2007, 09:26 PM
#2 I think the strollers are 8.00 per day, but you can get 2 free if you have a Disney Visa. No double stollers that I've ever seen and they do not recline to a flat position. They are kind of in a fixed recline position.

Katlovett
03-11-2007, 10:55 PM
#1 According to the Disneyland Parkwide Services webpage, there is a "Picnic Area" located to the left outside the Main Entrance of DisneylandŽ Park (close to the Mickey & Friends Tram).

#2 Consider bringing a blanket to lay on the ground for sleepy children. There are several grassy lawn areas, and a really thick blanket (or even yoga mat) could be used on concrete. Plus, it can get chilly after sunset.

#3 The blanket or mat will help in claiming a spot for the parade; tired/sleepy children can lie on it and you can position yourself to shade their faces.

The one piece of advice I would offer, is to read the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. I can't remember it's exact title, but it has a plan for touring Disneyland with small children. I adapt their plan for my family's particular interests, but it's a good place to start. Some plan is better than no plan. I would also recommend keeping in mind that it's OK if you don't do everything you had planned because that leaves new things for you to do next time! Just relax and don't stress yourself by setting a frantic pace.

Good luck! Have fun!

mistofviolets
03-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Don't forget to use the kids tickets to get fastpasses...if there are rides the adults want but the kids don't, you can get twice as many fastpasses. :)

Find out one thing from each person they MUST do...and make those your priority. Go from there. And have fun!

PixieDustMommy
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Mistofviolets - thanks so much for the reminder that EVERYONE's tickets can be used for FPs! I didn't even think of that! With 5 ticketed kids, and 4 of them being to youg/scared to go on the big rides, us adults could ride 2x each! GREAT idea!

Thanks to everyone else for the tips. We will definately be using a plan (just pruchased the RideMax program - we'll see how it does). I have used the Unnofficial Guide in the past and liked it, but don't really want to do the "Dumbo-or-Die In A Day" plan - us adults would like to have a little fun too!
We plan on bringing our 2 big-ish strollers and renting 1 or 2. Again, there's 4 kids 5 & under, but the baby can go in the Snugli. We're thinking 1 stroller per adult, except the FP runner.
Thanks again so uch for the ideas! If anyone has any more, keep em coming!

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
03-13-2007, 07:25 AM
#1: Any bench in the shade. The ones across from the Shooting Gallery in Frontierland are good for us.

#2: No double strollers. Strollers are now $10 a day. They are like "jogging strollers". Don't leave anything valuable in them.

#3: Finding a spot for 10 people will be tricky. If somebody wants to "camp out" 20-30 minutes should be plenty of time. If you don't mind breaking up the group, 10-15 minutes is good for Monday.

As for the FP, you could use 4 for Space Mountain and 4 for Indy instead of going on each ride twice.