PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou recommendations?

MrTomMorrow
03-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Well, I finally remembered to make reservations for the Blue Bayou for an upcoming trip, and it'll be my first time dining there since the big changeover last year that made everything all fancier and more expensive than before. It's time to splurge... What's particularly good on the menu? Any recommendations? I think I'd like to try the Creme Brulee Trio dessert, but I'm not sure what to get for an entree. Thanks!

yohomama212
03-10-2007, 05:15 PM
DH and I went for our anniversary. He ordered the Prime Rib, I got the pork chops. Both were good, but the pork chops were a little dry to me. DH's Prime Rib was really tender and yummy.

Liz :cool:

ILovePoker
03-10-2007, 05:33 PM
since the big changeover last year that made everything all fancier and more expensive than before!

Well, more expensive, yes! Fancier? Not really.

The Monte Cristo was always good for me. It's always a safe bet.

MrTomMorrow
03-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I was reading the Blue Bayou review on Cold Dead Fish (great site, btw!) and while each individual food item itself looked tasty in the review's pictures, the presentation of the entrees didn't look particularly enticing. Everything looked plopped down haphazardly, and juices and sauces seemed splayed everywhere. The desserts looked like they were plated nicely, though.

DisneyDaze
03-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, I finally remembered to make reservations for the Blue Bayou for an upcoming trip, and it'll be my first time dining there since the big changeover last year that made everything all fancier and more expensive than before. It's time to splurge... What's particularly good on the menu? Any recommendations? I think I'd like to try the Creme Brulee Trio dessert, but I'm not sure what to get for an entree. Thanks!

Reservations? Does Blue Bayou allow for the 60 day advance priority seating arrangements like the character meals? I was under the impression that priority seating for the Bayou could only be made at the park itself. The reason I ask is because DW and I will be going for our 10th Anniversary at the end of May (only 7 weeks after we take the whole family!) and we wanted to eat at the Bayou as part of our trip.

Clotho
03-11-2007, 12:19 PM
It used to be that there were no reservations taken except at the park on the day of. But that changed in the last couple years, and now you can reserve in advance. :)

june1st1997
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
we've always made reservations via disney dining 60 days in advance.

EmmasMom
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
When we ate there last Sepember my husband said the salmon was the best he had ever had. I had the monte cristo which was ok. The cookie boat was yummy though.

Hi-Ho
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Is the menu listed somewhere?

samsma
03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
http://dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandMenus/dlmenus.html

Hi-Ho
03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
http://dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandMenus/dlmenus.html

mariezp
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
The creme brulee is WONDERFUL! I tried the Monte Cristo for the first time and it was very yummy. Seafood dishes have been good in the past, as well as the prime rib.

oohykitten
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Do they still give you those nice reservations cards when you eat there?