PDA

View Full Version : How do you look after your Park Hopper ticket?

JustMe29
03-10-2007, 02:21 AM
I've got 3 x 5 day park hopper tickets for next week and I'm worried about how to keep them safe.

They're only small little things - do they get exchanged for something else once we get there?

How do they know when we've used our early entry privilege?

Do you swap them for fast passes?

AlbertaMinnie
03-10-2007, 05:19 AM
I've got 3 x 5 day park hopper tickets for next week and I'm worried about how to keep them safe.

They're only small little things - do they get exchanged for something else once we get there?

We always assign one person to keep all the hoppers together. If what you have has a place for your signature on the back and a black strip like on the back of a credit card, then those are your actual passes and you will not be exchanging them for anything else. When you get to the park, they sell lanyards and you can buy those to keep your passes in if you want.

They know when you've used it. I can't remember if the machine punches a hole in the pass or what....they just know. Disney magic!!

No, you NEVER give up your passes to anyone. You never need to swap them for anything. FastPasses are issued from a bank of machines, located just outside the entrances of the rides that have fast pass priveleges. You pop each hopper into the card reader and a fast pass will come out the bottom. There are several things you need to remember about fastpasses in order to make the best use of them, so go ahead and read more related posts in MousePlanet there are lots of handy tips!

disneyhound
03-10-2007, 05:38 AM
I always hold the park-hoppers, as well as the fast passes. I usually have all the mola as well. I just keep everything in my front pocket, in a money clip. Firgure that way, it is separated from my wallet, shouldn't ever lose both...

We have never had a problem yet, knock, knock, knock

itig
03-10-2007, 06:55 AM
I used the dreaded "fanny-pack". DL is the only place I will wear one (...80's flashbacks -- too scary for me). I bought a 50 Anniversary DL pack for the sole purpose of using it when I go to the park. It's super handy and I can keep all the passes, my wallet, car keys, etc... in one place where I can always see it.

Malcon10t
03-10-2007, 07:40 AM
I have an AP, but what I (and my daughter) do is I have a little plastic pouch (was on a lanyard) that zips close. It is just slightly larger than the tickets. I keep my pass and a credit card and my DL. That goes in my pocket. Doesnt get wet and is very small and protected.

I would not put it in a lanyard around my neck.

Leofoenget
03-10-2007, 09:27 AM

I stick them in my travel wallet in my dresser drawer. When I travel, I dont' use my normal wallet I have a travel wallet and it goes in that. I'm very good about such things, I'm the passport holder, if we go out of the country.

Parkhoppers? Piece of cake!

SeansMom
03-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I ALWAYS photo copy our passes, front and back, before we go, and put them somplace safe. If you lose your actual passes, this is the only way your originals can be voided.

As a family, we probably found six or seven passes last time we were at DL, all but near the turnstiles. We never hiked all the way over to lost and found to turn them in, just gave them to the nearest cast member or City Hall. I feel badly for those frantically asking if their ticket had been turned into lost and found. Who knows how long/when/if they ever made it there. That said, I kept all our tickets in a wallet inside a messenger type bag. It worked well :).

ABombbmoBA
03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I booked my Disney trip online and the website included a complementary plastic holder, attached to a strap that you hang around your neck... with Disney logos on it. I plan on keeping my tickets there.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-10-2007, 01:59 PM
The best way, for us anyway, to hang on to tickets is to make one person in charge. When we go to the parks, everyone is handed their AP to go through the main gate. Once in to the park, I take them all back and put them in my wallet, that is on a strap and never comes off my body. I find that if you expect several people to hang on to their tickets, they can become lost easier.

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
03-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Is it true if you lose your parkhoppers you can get a new one with a photocopy? How do you know this will work? Can anyone verify? Just curious. It sounds like a great idea.

JookyG
03-10-2007, 04:34 PM
in my wallet with all the other stuff i take care not to lose. that's the item i'm the most certain to not lose. if i lose my wallet (with credit cards and id), i've got much bigger problems than losing a park hopper.

Malcon10t
03-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Is it true if you lose your parkhoppers you can get a new one with a photocopy? How do you know this will work? Can anyone verify? Just curious. It sounds like a great idea.It sounds good, but in reality, no they won't. Call 714-781-4400 and ask them. I too photocopy them, but only in the hopes I will get someone nice, but everyone else who has done this an dlost them can tell you they won't do it.

MrTomMorrow
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, since the tickets are credit-card sized, putting it in your wallet is a good idea. A lanyard is also convenient because you might pull out the ticket frequently to get FastPasses.

Malcon10t
03-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, since the tickets are credit-card sized, putting it in your wallet is a good idea. A lanyard is also convenient because you might pull out the ticket frequently to get FastPasses.Just don't put the lanyard around your neck. It is just the right length that the lap bar will hit it each time. After a day or two of this, the little plastic thingie that connects it to the metal piece breaks, and you've walked off a ride without the plastic holder. My daughter has a thin lanyard (Magical Moments lanyard) that she loops (slipknot?) thru her belt loop and sticks it in her pocket.