PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest question you can think of to ask a cast member?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jcruise86
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
What's the most stupid question you can think of to ask a cast member?

One per customer please.

Here's mine to be delivered with a straight fact to a Small Worlder: "How do they select which dolls from inside the attraction get to come out each 15 minutes for the clock in front of the attraction?"

A fun and harmless practical joke would be (on April 1--about 3 weeks) for 20 or more Mouseplaneteers to each ask at least several castmembers ridiculous questions. This would give them something to talk about in their break areas. Maybe it could even become a tradition!

sleepyjeff
03-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Lumberg: Yeah.....I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one...yeah.

bobabooey
03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
What a bizarre topic...

Disney Vault
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM

One per customer please.

Here's mine to be delivered with a straight fact to a Small Worlder: "How do they select which dolls from inside the attraction get to come out each 15 minutes for the clock in front of the attraction?"

A fun and harmless practical joke would be (on April 1--about 3 weeks) for 20 or more Mouseplaneteers to each ask at least several castmembers ridiculous questions. This would give them something to talk about in their break areas. Maybe it could even become a tradition!

While I think your question if so funny I'm not so sure about this idea. I think they have to deal with enough real stupid guests in a day;)

Shinku
03-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't appreciate people coming to me at my work with questions they already know the answers to, so why would I want to bother someone else in a similar situation? I just don't see the humor in potentially aggrivating someone unnecessarilly "just because".

Opus1guy
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
There's always that old standby: "What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?"

geoffa
03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Regrettably, life is full of idiots who think they can yank your chain. Work in any customer facing role and you'll soon find just how stupid they can be. (Now and again you do come across reasonable nice individuals). And to think human beings are supposed to be the top of the animal chain.

Vegitabeta
03-10-2007, 03:36 AM
There's always that old standby: "What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?"
:rolleyes:

cookie7762
03-10-2007, 07:30 AM
To the jungle cruise skipper: When do they feed the animals and where do they sleep at night?
(this might make you look more sutpid than irritate them, but at least you could get a kick out of watching them try and not laugh at you... but you need to ask it with the most dead serious face ever!)

cstephens
03-10-2007, 07:34 AM

Harmless? You think that inundating people working to give others a magical experience stupid questions that unnecessarily take up their time is harmless? Guess you don't care that it would be affecting the experience of others if you're harassing the CMs. I will on occasion joke around with CMs for fun, but that's only if they seem into it and have the time.

If you're going to do something stupid like that, please don't even mention MousePlanet or MousePad. Wouldn't want them to be tainted by your antics.

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-10-2007, 07:41 AM
I like this idea. As a person who deals with the rather Dumb public daily at work, I think it would give a few people a good laugh. I know we get a kick out of the guy who asks, "How much is a $2.00 quick pick on the lottery?" Come on, how dumb can one be. I always laugh when these people laugh, then share the story and give someone else a laugh.

jcruise86
03-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Harmless? You think that inundating people working to give others a magical experience stupid questions that unnecessarily take up their time is harmless? Guess you don't care that it would be affecting the experience of others if you're harassing the CMs.. . .
"Inundating?"
"Harassing?"
"don't care that it would be affecting the experience of others"
I guess I didn't imagine them reacting as negatively as you.

Had I done it I would only have done so it it wouldn't have interfered with their ability to make guests safe and the lines quick.

I would have enjoyed this when I worked there. I still get a laugh when I tell people about the time a family seriously asked me how far we went underwater on the subs, and they were then satisfied with my answer, "Only about 60 feet." (The others on the boat laughed once the nice, clueless family got off the boat.)

But as the OP I hereby officially call off this joke because ctstephens is offended by it.

I would have enjoyed seeing the reaction of cast members when I asked them "How much do they pay Johnny Depp to work on the attraction and doesn't he get bored?" or "Which of the three Jack Sparrows is really Johnny Depp?"
or
"Does the snow melt on the Matterhorn in the summer?" or "Did Disney select this site in Anaheim for this park just because this mountain was here?"

We used to love repeating guest stories in the break rooms. There were moments where the lines weren't moving and there was nothing to do but talk with visitors. I just wanted to make some of their days more interesting.

Again, ctstevens, I'm sorry you were so upset that you used such strong language to criticize it.

jcruise86
03-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I like this idea. As a person who deals with the rather Dumb public daily at work, I think it would give a few people a good laugh. I know we get a kick out of the guy who asks, "How much is a $2.00 quick pick on the lottery?" Come on, how dumb can one be. I always laugh when these people laugh, then share the story and give someone else a laugh.
Thanks!
I'm also from up North where humor is humor is treasured.

MadasaHatter
03-10-2007, 08:40 AM
WOW,

It seems to be in the air lately where no one has a sense of humour anymore and that may indeed be a problem with your idea.....while it is a great idea to add humor/humour......(look at me...I'm bilingual) I am not sure that everyone could carry it off reading some of these posts. It would be VERY appropriate for April Fools Day especially if ten different people all day asked the same question on the same ride...that would be a hoot. April Fools Day is my best friend's favorite holiday....no decorations or big meals to prepare or gifts to buy just some old fashioned creativity that is sorely lacking. I hope you come up with some fun ideas and brighten some folks day....I will keep my thinking cap on and my favorite so far is the mountain one. That one is good!!!

Of course I am mad as a hatter

samsma
03-10-2007, 08:45 AM
April fools are traditionally done up until noon. So that would have give jcruise a WHOLE 4 hours of causing "havoc". How much harm can one do in 4 hours? If they were questions like the Matterhorn ones mentioned(obviously fake and funny), I think it would have been a hoot! You could even have little cards printed up to hand to the CM telling them after the joke that they had been had.
It's really sad that we have come to take ourselves so seriously that 4 hours of harmless pranks upset people.
I agree that if it were to slow down lines or make saftey an issue, that it would be wrong.But given the examples, it is far from that.
I say GO jcruise, brighten someones day(even if it's just you're own),but again I agree don't mention Mouseplanet(as you can't speak for the whole).

Leofoenget
03-10-2007, 09:18 AM

One per customer please.

Where is that great big ball thing,Space ship earth I think?? I told my kids we could ride it?

OK the really horrible part about this is, on another board, this was actually asked. And this same lady who asked this, was insistant that it was Cinderellas castle, and it was here the last time she was here, and why did they move it??

jcruise86
03-10-2007, 09:23 AM
April fools are traditionally done up until noon. So that would have give jcruise a WHOLE 4 hours of causing "havoc". How much harm can one do in 4 hours? If they were questions like the Matterhorn ones mentioned(obviously fake and funny), I think it would have been a hoot! You could even have little cards printed up to hand to the CM telling them after the joke that they had been had.
It's really sad that we have come to take ourselves so seriously that 4 hours of harmless pranks upset people.
I agree that if it were to slow down lines or make saftey an issue, that it would be wrong.But given the examples, it is far from that.
I say GO jcruise, brighten someones day(even if it's just you're own),but again I agree don't mention Mouseplanet(as you can't speak for the whole).
The idea of stopping before noon is good, as is the idea of NOT mentioning Mouseplanet! I guess this won't be an organized prank, but if a funny guest could amuse a bored castmember (and follow up by saying "April Fools!") I don't think it would be too awful.

There is always a problem when stupid and/or inconsiderate people try to do practical jokes. I thought that the show "Punked" was not funny and even painful to watch. (For the two minutes I saw of it.)

The only time I've mentioned Mouseplanet to a CM was to tell the (pleased) woman who cuts the silhouttes on Main Street that I was there because of all the great things I read about her on Mouseplanet.

Little tod
03-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Where's the castle?

crazi4dlr
03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Maybe we could all ask a CM in which store on Main Street could a "magical" sense of humor be purchased? :eek: :) :rolleyes:

Disney Vault
03-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Where's the castle?

That could be funny. Keep asking where is the castle from the commercial since they are using the same castle to end all Disney commercials:p

ChipmunkStar
03-10-2007, 10:38 AM
If I were a cast member, I think I would enjoy the stupid guests. The ones who HONESTLY asked something so dumb. If it were someone who was just ribbing me to be a bother, I would be irritated by them.

Does that make sense? Honest stupidity is ok, but being an intentional pain in the rear makes you just that. And hugely spited once you're gone. Leave the dumb questions to those who honestly need to ask them.

Mickey
03-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Excuse me Mr. Cast Member, are the fireworks in day or night?

Is the Monorail a fast ride with a drop?

crrees
03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
love this thread, im getting a kick out of each question. Its so nerdy its like star wars geeks (as I am one) arguing over semantics in the Star Wars Universe. Its funny to us but would be totally weird to someone outside of our community.

Anyway, does anyone know when the country bears are playing in tommarowland?

Clotho
03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I have never heard of the "stop by noon" thing. It's always all day long wherever I have been. Do you have some secret handbook I don't know about?

And to think I was shortsheeting beds at, like, 5pm! I am so ashamed...

Vegitabeta
03-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I have never heard of the "stop by noon" thing. It's always all day long wherever I have been. Do you have some secret handbook I don't know about?

And to think I was shortsheeting beds at, like, 5pm! I am so ashamed...
I've always been told to stop by noon to...I guess it's different depending on where you come from.