PDA

View Full Version : Best way to find characters @ DLR?

piglet206
03-08-2007, 09:22 PM
We have reservations for Goofy's Kitchen...which characters can we expect to see? Any tips for best interaction with them?

Also, do characters roam the park? Are we apt to run into them in ToonTown?

Any suggestions on finding Buzz Lightyear? My son is obsessed!! :)

Thanks!

Shinku
03-08-2007, 10:10 PM
To find characters in the park, check at city hall in the morning when you arrive. They will have a good idea of who should be when and where, or at least direct you to someone who does. If you have a specific (for instance, Buzz) mention that to the cast member.

Mark099
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Most of the CMs will be able to help you out with places and times for specific characters. City Hall is a good area, but not all characters will appear there or anywhere else in the park every day. Some characters will only appear 3-4 times a week (or less) so if your goal is to see all the characters (or NOT miss Buzz), then it's best to do a little planning.

PanFan
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Not sure who you'll see specifically at Goofy's Kitchen (never eaten there), but yes, you most likely will see characters roaming the park. A lot of times there are some in Town Square as you enter Main Street. Alice and the Mad Hatter like to play musical chairs near Coke Corner with the piano player. Jack Sparrow and random pirates roam New Orleans Square. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore live in Critter Country. Woody sometimes hangs out near Big Thunder Ranch. Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto are often seen in Toontown (and Mickey is always available to meet in his house there). Princesses are always at the Princess Fantasy Faire. And you can often find Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland. Like Shinku said, ask at City Hall or even at the Information board near the entrance to Adventureland if, where, and when specific characters will be out. They'll be happy to call the "Toon-finder" for you.

As far as tips for interaction, keep it true to their character. Don't say stuff like "I bet it's hot in there" or "Ready for your break yet?" Call them by their character name and treat them as if they really are that character (because they are...). Meet-and-greet lines can be really long, especially for the Pooh characters, Jack Sparrow, the Princesses, and Mickey. And they're fairly slow, so keep that in mind as you plan your day. But when you get up there, interact with them. You waited for the opportunity to do so. Don't take forever or anything, but enjoy your time with them.

disneyfan4ever54
03-09-2007, 01:09 AM
The characters at Goofy's kitchen are always different, but in additon to Goofy, (of course:) ) I believe Pluto is always there from what I have heard. In addition to those two, we saw Alice, Mad Hatter, Chip, Dale, and Donald Duck ( a total of 7 characters) the last time we were there. Our visit was on a weekday during the last hour and 1/2 of the brunch time and there were not very many people there, so we were lucky and got LOTS of interaction from the characters. I know some people have been there when there weren't a lot of characters, or the characters didn't come over to their table, but our experiences there have been positive ones.

geoffa
03-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Yeah! The characters can vary. Sometimes you get Max. Great place for a birthday celebration too. You get a goody bag containg balloon, pen etc.

For character meets in the park always call at City Hall. They will have schedule of appearances and where to find them. I totally agree with PanFan - interact with the character and they will respond in character. I once had a great mock sword fight with Captain Hook (and I'm 56).

I don't know if it still operates but you could also try the Toon Finder located at the Information Board at the northwest end of Main Street (right in front of the entrance to Adventureland). Tell them which character you're looking for and they'll be able to tell you where to find him / her. The Guest Relations booth inside Disney's California Adventure can help you find specific characters as well.

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-09-2007, 04:51 AM
We loved Goofy's Kitchen and seen lots of Characters. Pluto, Goofy, Max, Chip and Dale, Alice, Belle, Mulan,... ANd I don't know who else. We also went twice, Lunch and Dinner different days.When we called for a reservation we asked who would be there and they were happy to let us know. I think we had most of our interaction at Goofy's and loved the peacefull meal in the process.

As for Buzz we saw him last year at his Dance Party and my DS was way disapointed. The kids waited like 30mins for him to come out then he danced for 10 min. Then went away cause well we think he got over heated. My DS was really upset that Buzz didn't sighn his book and still is not to happy with him now 1 year latter. Buzz went from his Hero to just another toy.
I hope you have better luck then we did

03-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Besides the characters at Goofy's, you'll see lots of characters roaming Disneyland. IMO, it's most fun just to run into them and be totally surprised.

samsma
03-09-2007, 05:30 AM
You can also find a lot of characters in DCA in the Hollywood Backlot area!We have seen Hurcules,Painter Donald,Goofy,Sully,Mulan,Sorcerror(sp) Mickey,Jasmin,Max, and others I can't recall! But that is also a good place.

X_disneywolf_X
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
The characters usually show up anywhere, and usually when you dont expect it.
my mom and I were in(i cant remember the name of it)the place where it shows you original drawings of the cartoons and animations and things like that. We saw Chicken Little and sorcerror Mickey(even got a pic w/ Mickey too!)
We saw Cinderella around her castle
Alladin and Jasmine were in HPB. Also, when we were there, we split our group into two(my mom and I in one group for all the bigger, better rides, and my aunt and younger cousins into another group for kiddie rides). my mother and I never got a chance to head to toontown, But my aunt and cousins did, and I think they said that they didnt really see anyone there. But you'd have a pretty good chance at seeing the more popular characters up there. And someone else said that Jack Sparrow and other pirates are in New orleans square, by POTC. I think that they are there for a while singing and telling stories.

charpaul
03-09-2007, 09:14 AM
PLEASE REMEMBER!! City Hall and the Information booth in DCA DO have a list of the specific characters that have been scheduled to appear for that day!! They even have the time and locations for each and every one. Do not hesitate to ask a CM where a particular character might be!!

They can usually find the answer for you:D

pooh0200
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Question If you go and ask can they give you a list or do you have to ask for certain characters? On our trip in June I want to get as many characters as possible for a matching book I am making for my kids. It will just be pictures with them and the different characters. Any ideas?
Leslie

my2girls
03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
When we were at DCA an animation show Woody, Cinderalla and Mickey were at the end of the show. The lines were very short to meet them. The day before we watied over an hour to meet Mickey. I would skip Mickey's house and enjoy the suprise of running into him around a corner.

Mrs Mouse
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
The characters are my absolute favorite part of being at Disneyland, and luckily you can find them EVERYWHERE!

For the most part, they tend to stick to the areas where they make the most sense, like the princesses in and around Fantasyland, the Fab Five in Toontown, Pooh & friends at Pooh's corner, etc. One other terrific place where you will find probably the widest variety is on main street. They're there all day long, but in my experience I've found that first thing in the morning and in the early afternoon are the best. I've even seen some rareties like Piglet and Daisy.

In the summers, main street opens 30 minutes before the rest of the park, and this is the best time for interaction with the characters. They're more than happy to pose in fun ways with you and even take more than one photo. Also in the summers (usually at around 1:00 or so) an endless stream of them come out from the backstage area next to the Mad Hatter. There's usually 3 or 4 different ones out at a time, and they rotate with others for about an hour or so. On a good day you can see 9 or 10 different characters during this time span alone. It's a great time to grab a bench and a beverage and just wait for the magic to happen! You'll be amazed at the amount of great photos you'll get.

Another Dimension
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Everyday in the parks is wonderful...

But the days when the Wicked Queen and/or Cruella De Vil are out causing trouble...
those days are even more wonderful. :~D

samsma
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Everyday in the parks is wonderful...

But the days when the Wicked Queen and/or Cruella De Vil are out causing trouble...
those days are even more wonderful. :~D

I love Cruella! We met her in Feb, and my DD(8) had just built a bear at DTD.It was a spotted snow leopard. We will never forget the look on our kiddos face when Cruella refused to give her the toy back and commented on how soft the fur was! She is an amazing character to see at the park.(she was in mainstreet in front of City Hall).