PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Fast Pass user - help!

piglet206
03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi -

In doing some Disneyland pre-planning, it seems many people talk about rushing to get Fast Passes for this or that immediately upon entry of the park (as the gates open). What is the need to rush & get a Fast Pass when the monsterous lines haven't formed yet? What am I missing?

Thanks!!!:)

Mark099
03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
FPs can be used anytime after the return time. Therefore, you can collect 2-3 for later use in the first few hours.

For example, we would get a FP to Space Mountain, then head over to ride Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Pirates. After which, we would likely be eligible to get another FP to (say) Indiana Jones. Now, we have been on three rides and have FPs to two more very popular rides for later use. We may then ride the Jungle Cruise or head to Fantasy Land.

As a rule of thumb we do not cross the park multiple times to get FPs. If the line is 30 minutes or less, we'll usually tough it out and wait. For rides like Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain we'll almost always get a FP.

PanFan
03-08-2007, 11:25 PM
It's also great to get them early for repeat rides. I recently got one for Soarin' when the line was 10 minutes. Our return time was 40 minutes later, so we rode it once, then did other things in the park. We got another FP (for Screamin') 40 minutes later when our window had opened. Then later in the day we were able to hop right on both of them. As a tip, they don't care about the end time on your ticket. I have showed up many hours after the last time listed and have never had a problem getting in (i.e. if it says return between 10:00 and 11:00, you can go back at 7:00 and they'll let you in). So get FP early for the rides you may want to do twice, and enjoy them early on while the lines are shorter (and you're waiting for your window to open so you can get a new FP). Then come back to them later in the day when it's convenient to you.

samsma
03-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Just like others said, use the fast passes for LATER in the day. When it's slow,get a fastpass,AND go on the ride(without using the fastpass), and keep riding AND collecting.Then when the park is packed, you have fastpasses all lined up and you can go on without the horrid wait.
You can only get 1 fastpass every 2 hours, or after the return time has come, since they do not know if you have used the fastpass, only that you were issued one.Early in the morning, return times are quick,since it's not too busy,thats how you can collect a lot in a short time frame. Hope this helps.

virgojmk
03-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Also on busy days the fastpasses run out, sometimes by early afternoon. If you get them early at least you have the option to go again later.

kathynova
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I always try to get another fastpass as soon as the "window" opens. That's the best way to collect them for use later in the day when things get busier. I've even been known to leave Disneyland to go over to DCA to get fastpasses for a ride there, then come back and continue to collect. That way I can get two fastpasses (one for each park) during the same window. Takes a little planning, but well worth the effort on a busy day. It also helps to have a "runner" in your group. That person can collect all the fastpasses for the group while they are doing other things. Rotate the "runner" and everyone will be happy!

Fastpass rocks!!

FunAuntSherry
03-09-2007, 04:43 PM
As many times as I've been to DLR since the FastPass began, I've never used it.... I totally get it now! Thanks for a-asking and b-answering this question that has been nagging me for years ;)

I just may have to try the FastPass!