PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell in Believe??

Rallymonkey23
06-06-2002, 10:01 PM
I was just wondering..... Does anybody know if Tinkerbell in Believe is a man or woman?? I always assumed that Tinks role would be played by a man because of the "danger" part of the job. But lately I've been thinking that Tink could actually be a she. Women nowdays do do these kinds of things. Am I confusing everyone? Just had to ask. What do you think? (or know?)

cstephens
06-06-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Women nowdays do do these kinds of things.

Women have been doing these kinds of things for some time now.

Tink is a woman.

cemeinke
06-06-2002, 10:22 PM
I think Tink has always been a woman, beginning in 1961 with Tiny Kline, a former circus arielist who was in her 70's when she first flew.

Polar33
06-06-2002, 11:38 PM
I can personaly vouch that the people who currently portray Tinker Bell are indeed women. Very brave women I might add...that's quite a landing they have to do!

Rallymonkey23
06-06-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by cstephens

Women have been doing these kinds of things for some time now.

Tink is a woman.

Let me clear something up here. I did not mean for my post to sound sexist(sp?) or to offend anyone here. I'm sorry if I may have upset anyone. I was just wondering cause even when I worked at Disneyland, I never knew the answer to that question.

Main Street Magic
06-07-2002, 04:43 AM
Well, now not always has Tinkerbell been a woman. Bakc when I was a CM (after Tiny), the backup tinkerbell was a guy.

RStar
06-07-2002, 08:26 AM
I once heard that Tink had a terrible accidend, falling off the wire to her death (I think in the 1970's), and that they had no Tink for a long time because their insurance would no longer allow it. Then they worked something out, and got her back about 10 years later, only it was a guy. Anyone else hear this? Was this another urban legand?:mad:

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Urban legend, not having tink has nothing to do with her "supposed" death. No one ever died as being Tinkerbell.

Mouse
06-07-2002, 01:15 PM
I heard that all the Tinks are members of a particularly family that have some claim on the position. There are three performers, one on any given night, two girls and a guy.

But this is just hearsay from backstage.

tinkfreak
06-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Being the wierdo that I am (see my name...) I frequently watch Tink land and climb down from her platform backstage. She is a talented young woman. I have heard (rumor only) that she is the third generation of Tink's in her family. (Her Mom was Tink, her Mom's Mom was Tink...etc.). While this sounds really cool, and I'd love to believe it, I've heard there is currently more than one Tink, although I've only seen one, and I'm almost sure she's not a decendent of Tiny Kline's.:)

SUNSHINE4565
06-09-2002, 09:45 AM
mouse..... You are correct ... it is one family two girls and a guy who take turns as tinkerbell...... this has always been this way..... and

just to let you know .. yes tinkerbell has fallen from the wire......once......she landed in fantasyland....

RStar
06-10-2002, 07:49 AM
And was she/he ok?:eek:

This may be the incident that started the urban legend. I do remember it with Tink landing in Fantasyland.