PDA

View Full Version : Cheap spur of the moment ticket

Bytebear
03-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I have a cousin coming into town with her 10 year old son. She is spending several days in San Diego (Sea World, Zoo, Legoland), but she is thinking about coming up for a day at Disneyland. I have a deluxe pass, but wonder what the cheapest ticket she could get would be? She doesn't need a two day or even a park hopper ticket. Are there deals out there, or should I bug my friends who can sign in guests?

Darkbeer
03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Bug friends...

A single park one day ticket is $63, and maybe you could find it at a $5 discount from a credit union/school SAB/Union.

Get a sign in!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Yikes! I was going to ask about this, too. My friend and I are coming down for a one-day visit in May, and we just want to go to Disneyland from open to close. $63 is an awful lot for one day. Someone suggested that we look on eBay, but I'm a little skeptical about buying a ticket that way. Anyone ever get their tickets on eBay?

Bytebear
03-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks like the CM sign in is blacked out for the days they will be in town, so I am stuck. I might do a two day So Cal 2fer ticket and at least get two days for the price of one.

Katlovett
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Got any friends in the military? The military discount is $58.50 for a one day, one park pass. Also they have discount tickets for the other theme parks as well. The link for the U.S. Coast Guard (which is the easiest for me since my oldest daughter is a coast guard reservist) is here, but I am pretty sure all of the branches of the military have these tickets as well:

http://www.uscg.mil/mlcpac/iscalameda/mwr/Ticket-Prices.html

Good luck! Have fun!

Katprint

Disney Vault
03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I will be doing the same thing. One day tickets to the parks. But it will totally be worth the $:D

Bytebear
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I did see the Military discount. They have the same discount for California teachers, which I can get, but it only saves about $5 a ticket, and I would rather have a second day for free using the 2fer pass. Thanks to all who are digging up these deals. I guess it just pays to go more often!

Lekta
03-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I was going to suggest the ebay route, you could find someone that has exactly what your looking for. That would be the cheapest route. Though I understand your concern with the transaction, I've never had a flake from Ebay.

DaddyB
03-11-2007, 08:42 PM
www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) my be better than ebay... find someone in the OC area... this way you meet them face to face, and not just a mail transaction.

Katlovett
03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) my be better than ebay... find someone in the OC area... this way you meet them face to face, and not just a mail transaction.

"Better not give sell me a fake ticket. I know where you live!" :~D

Katprint

Bytebear
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
How well do the DCA tickets sell? I am thinking I could buy 2fer tickets, use the DL tickets and sell the DCA tickets, but if they sell poorly or cheaply (< $15) then I would rather just buy a DCA ticket and spend the day at DCA. Seems like a deal! Also, does anyone use their DCA ticket, and sell their DL ticket?

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
03-12-2007, 09:53 AM
How well do the DCA tickets sell? I am thinking I could buy 2fer tickets, use the DL tickets and sell the DCA tickets, but if they sell poorly or cheaply (< $15) then I would rather just buy a DCA ticket and spend the day at DCA. Seems like a deal! Also, does anyone use their DCA ticket, and sell their DL ticket?

People will buy DCA tickets on eBay on order to use the full value ($63) to upgrade to an annual passport.

Disneyland Tickets always go for more money than DCA tickets.

75% of the 2Fer tickets are for DCA, not DL. (unscientific analysis)

There are some community service tickets out there now. People got the tickets for cheap ($25 I think) and are reselling them. Something to do with charities, volunteering, etc. Regardless, they were not intended to be resold, but everyone is out to make a buck it seems.