PDA

View Full Version : How do they do that?

RStar
06-06-2002, 05:35 PM
OK, I gotta know, HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY DO THAT BLUE LIGHT BULB TINKER BELL THINGY FOR THE BELIVE FIREWORK SHOW???????????????????????????

Does any one know? It looks like it flys all over the place above the castle, appearing too high to be on a wire. And it looks too quick and well controlled to be remote controlled.

I know, I should just enjoy the magic and not try to figure everything out, but this one is amazing. So I gotta know!!!!:D

Disney Nick
06-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Isn't this just the same as the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks? If I'm not mistaken it's a person on a wire with some blue light bulb thingies in her hands. Pretty high tech eh? ;) Of course I could be wrong, but this is just what I assumed... It did look pretty cool last time i saw it tho ;)

Techie7
06-06-2002, 06:10 PM
On either side of the castle two towers raise up before the show (Big black poles). A wire runs between them with a ball of lights on it. By pulling one side of the wire (motor) the ball moves. When both side work together the ball looks like it is flying. If you watch the show from the other side of the castle (A GREAT place to watch) wou can see the effect clearly. Make sense? If not I can be more descriptive.

Mad Madam Mim
06-06-2002, 06:11 PM
I don't think there is a person at the begining, but maybe i am mistaken as to which light. The end.... big Tink, yes..... but the blue one, i'm a little curious myself :confused:

just after posting the above, i look up and walla.... Techie7 has answared that one... Thanks :D

Rallymonkey23
06-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mad Madam Mim

just after posting the above, i look up and walla.... Techie7 has answared that one... Thanks :D

LOL Happens to me ALL the time in the word game.

Mouse
06-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Wait! I thought this thread was about Tinkerbell's pre finale flight! You know, I don't think I've ever seen this other blue light that you seem to be discussing here. Is it new or have I really never seen Believe where I can see the castle?

:confused:

I haven't seen Believe in such a long time but Tinkerbell is still cueing the finale to "Remember, just Believe!" in my head as I write this.:)

RStar
06-07-2002, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry, I should have also made it clear that it was not the live person Tinkerbell at the end, but rather the special effect near the begining. For those who haven't seen the Belive fireworks show from main street check it out, it's worth it. And you don't even have to wait 4hrs. to get a good spot like you do for Fantasmic!. Ten minutes will do.

Thanks Techie7, I figured it might be something like that. However, it never occured to me that they would raise poles for the high wire:D . I didn't think it could be on a permanent wire and not be a problem. But from a distance it appears that the blue bulb flies up as high as 100 feet or more, probably due to the forced perspective of the castle. Do they slack the wire to get it to go up and down. And does a person pull it back and forth? It moves so smoothly and starts and stops so quickly. It really looks like it is moving free in three dimentions! :D

Techie7
06-07-2002, 08:55 AM
No person pulling it. The wire gets slack and then pulled from different directions to look like it is moving. I think it is a wire ball that is wrapped in christmas lights so it can twinkle. So many little lights as opposed to one big light. It does look good from Mainstreet.

cstephens
06-07-2002, 12:11 PM
The effect works much better from far away. We've seen the fireworks once from right behind the castle (on the Fantasyland side), and up close, it looks like a lit, bouncing plastic ball. Very unimpressive. But it looks cool from Main Street.

RStar
06-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks!

I think I will try a view from the backside next time just to see it up close ( and for a different view of the fireworks, too!).

:D

RealDisneyLegend
06-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RStar
OK, I gotta know, HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY DO THAT BLUE LIGHT BULB TINKER BELL THINGY FOR THE BELIVE FIREWORK SHOW???????????????????????????

It's MAGIC!

Ace
06-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by RealDisneyLegend

It's MAGIC!

duh!

RStar
06-12-2002, 12:38 PM
See, and I thought it was that little guy behind the curtain pulling the ropes!

Oh, wait! That was the Wizard Of OZ! Never mind.:D

feb02
06-12-2002, 09:22 PM
"Tinkerbell" is lit by fiberoptics.

You can make your own using large clear plastic cups and "wireless" christmas lights.

RStar
06-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks, I woundered if it was battery operated as well. Boy, those must be some bright fiberoptics to be seen so far away!

So did they poke the fiberoptics through the clear container, or are they inside it?