PDA

View Full Version : Summer trip

splash
03-08-2007, 07:24 AM
For those of us who are brave enough to visit the parks this summer. Where are people staying and who did you book through? Did anyone get a great deal?

jewls520
03-08-2007, 07:53 AM
We are going to be there June 16-22 and are staying at the residence inn at the main gate. They have full kitchens in the rooms, will do grocery shopping for you for free, free breakfast, and free evening snacks mon-thur. I book through costco. It is the same price as if you went directly through disney except you get a $20 gift card and a character breakfast.

acpalmer
03-08-2007, 10:19 AM
We'll be there the 24th-30th of June and are staying at the DLH. We booked using our DVC points.

Malcon10t
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
July 15-20. Park Vue Inn, $98 night. Thinking we may stay the last night in Newport though....

DizzylandDeb
03-08-2007, 10:45 AM
We'll be there June 11 - 18th. staying at the BWPPI. Booked directly with the hotel on-line (no travel agents or travel websites). I've been looking for over a year trying to get a feel for pricing. It all depends on how many people you have (we have 5). I found adding the 5th person limits the ability to get a cheaper rate! oh well . . .! Also, we wanted to stay within walking distance so we didn't have to deal with driving to the parks and paying to park the vehicle.

Can't wait . . it's going to be a blast!

AlbertaMinnie
03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
July 15-20. Park Vue Inn, $98 night. Thinking we may stay the last night in Newport though....

Please send me a note when you get back and let me know how it is there.....at the Park Vue. We can't afford to stay at Newport....you mentioned in another posting your relatives had a place or something....how nice!! We are staying at the Park Vue August 14-23 and although there is a rate change over the weekend/weeks that we are there, we got 9 nights for 699.00, averaging about $78.00 per night (postcard rate). I look at all the websites like expedia etc, and then call the hotel directly. Someone here on Mouseplanet was nice enough to give me the poscard 'code word' to save an additional $3.00 per night compared to what we were initially quoted.

Booking early, and frequently going back to the websites to check rates, helps to ensure you get the best rate.

Malcon10t
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Please send me a note when you get back and let me know how it is there.....at the Park Vue. We can't afford to stay at Newport....you mentioned in another posting your relatives had a place or something....how nice!! We are staying at the Park Vue August 14-23 and although there is a rate change over the weekend/weeks that we are there, we got 9 nights for 699.00, averaging about $78.00 per night (postcard rate). I look at all the websites like expedia etc, and then call the hotel directly. Someone here on Mouseplanet was nice enough to give me the poscard 'code word' to save an additional $3.00 per night compared to what we were initially quoted.

Booking early, and frequently going back to the websites to check rates, helps to ensure you get the best rate.We've been there before. The rooms have been refurbed and are nice. The pool leaves a lot to be desired. It is a motel, but the price is right. And in the right room, you can catch the free wifi from the Best Western next door.

cfitz/pirates
03-08-2007, 10:03 PM
We are stayin July13-24 and are staying at the Anahiem Plaza inn we booked on line through the hotels web site.