PDA

View Full Version : No more chili in a bread bowl?

kmv1109
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
At the end of the month, we're taking our first trip to Disneyland in a couple of years. Is it true they no longer offer the chili in a bread bowl at the Golden Horsehoe? Billy Hill with some chili in a bread bowl was our favorite lunch!

Stupid_American
03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Although the menu has changed from burgers to strips, the chili was there a few weeks ago.

Malcon10t
03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
They had it over New Years.

Shootingstaar
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
The soup and bread bowls always look so good, but I HATE sourdough :( . I wish they would offer another type of bread

Stupid_American
03-08-2007, 05:24 AM
The soup and bread bowls always look so good, but I HATE sourdough :( . I wish they would offer another type of bread

Actually, the soups and chili are pretty straight forward; it's the fresh baked Boudin sourdough that makes it!

kathynova
03-08-2007, 07:33 AM
I was just there last weekend and they were still serving the chili in bread bowls and the chili cheese fries. I know this because while I was waiting FOREVER for my order I watched them serve up several bowls.

hlbtimes2
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
They also have the chili in a bread bowl at coke corner on the end of main street.

SifuJustin
03-08-2007, 03:52 PM
It would be sad if they got rid of the chili, since it is reported to have been one of Walt's favorite foods in the world. In fact, I remember reading in a cook book somewhere Walt's personal recipe for his chili.

Me
Justin

kmv1109
03-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Wonderful! Thanks for the replies. We can't wait for our trip- cheerleaders and all!

drjones
03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
i used to love the chili in a bread bowl. i remember when they used to serve it in the Village Haus. that was a cozy setting for it.

PanFan
03-08-2007, 11:29 PM
The best chili in the park is the one you can get at the end of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. It's a chili-cornbread souffle that Lillian created for him so he could always have his favorite chili with him whenever he traveled (and not have to stash cans of Hormel and Dennison's in his luggage!). From what my tour guide said, the recipe is under lock and key, accessible only to the Club 33 chefs. Not in a bread bowl, but boy is it good!

msgmg68
03-09-2007, 06:27 AM
What brand chili do they serve at DL? I absolutely LOVE chili in a bread bowl!

Benihodge
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh I loved the chili bread bowls, it took a long time to eat.:eek: I got mine on Mainstreet.

itig
03-10-2007, 07:02 AM
The best chili in the park is the one you can get at the end of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. It's a chili-cornbread souffle that Lillian created for him so he could always have his favorite chili with him whenever he traveled (and not have to stash cans of Hormel and Dennison's in his luggage!). From what my tour guide said, the recipe is under lock and key, accessible only to the Club 33 chefs. Not in a bread bowl, but boy is it good!

Hey there...does the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour end with Club 33? Do you get to eat there? I've never heard about this...please share more info :)

Malcon10t
03-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey there...does the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour end with Club 33? Do you get to eat there? I've never heard about this...please share more info :)You get to go in the lobby, but not eat there. You go to the Disney Gallery for lunch, the lunch varies. We had an excellent turkey sandwich at the end of ours. Its realy a great tour.