PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for spring break

Rteneyck
03-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Hello Everyone! I thought I would find out if anyone has some suggestions for braving the spring break crowd. I have never gone at this time and my dd talked me into taking her over her break. I would like to get ideas on the best way to enjoy a very busy time. We are going to be there from Mar 10 - 14 staying at the GCH. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

raediance
03-07-2007, 08:01 AM
We are planning to go on the 11th, but I really have no idea how to handle the crowds!

samsma
03-07-2007, 08:20 AM
FAST PASS! This is you're best friend! Go early and collect as many fastpasses as possible.When it is early in the day, the return time is short, so you can usually get another within 30-45 min.Don't worry about the return time, you can return at ANY TIME the rest of the day.Then when DCA opens go over there and do the same.Then return to DL and start riding.You will not have to wait very long at all to ride all the biggies!
We did this when we were there over President's Day weekend,and we rode space mountain7 times, indi 4 times, pirates and Hm 3 and big thunder 5 times.Over at DCA we rode screamin6 times and tower of terror 3, soarin 2 and grizzley river run 1 time. We NEVER stood in line more than 20 min for anything other than lunch!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Get there early, get fastpasses, eat either earlier or later than "normal" dining times, be prepared to park hop if necessary, get to DL first thing in the morning on Sunday (it usually doesnt get croweded until a bit later in the morning), leave midday go back to the pool, swim, relax, take in the sites, people watch and don't stress out if you cant do everything.

Enjoy staying at the GCH, it's a beautiful hotel!!!!!

Rteneyck
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
These are awesome suggestions. I feel much better now. The pool thing sounds wonderful. I could totally handle a day hanging at the pool. It's suppose to be in the 80-90's next week. At least that's what the weather station is saying on it's 10 day forecast.