PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up! Cheerleaders Will Be There!

Pages : [1] 2

lilstreet
03-06-2007, 04:43 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Cheerleading competitions will be in Anaheim for the next few weekends!!
I was there this past weekend (March 2-4) when it was a ABSOLUTE MADHOUSE due to the cheerleaders. I had no clue this was going on this weekend until I got there.
I looked it up online and I know for sure that there are going to be competitions:
March 9-11
March 16-18 (this is a maybe)
March 23-25
March 30-April 1

Word to the wise ~ stay far FAR away from DL and DCA during these times.
It's not an experience I want to be a part of again (and my daughter is a cheerleader!!)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I just found this websitehttp://www.varsity.com/index.asp?brand=24

It looks like this weekend coming up is the only one in March without Cheer competitions, hope its correct. The weather is going to be good and we are all ready expecting it to be a madhouse!!

Katlovett
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
The cheer competitions are kind of fun to watch. Do they still happen on the stage near the entrance to Toontown?

Katprint

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
The cheer competitions are kind of fun to watch. Do they still happen on the stage near the entrance to Toontown?

KatprintThats now the Princess Faire, so I doubt it.

Shootingstaar
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Do the competitions take place in the parks, or are they just in Anaheim?

VickiC
03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Last weekend they were using the Hyperion, so some Alladin shows were cancelled.

az_snow
03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Looks like last weekend the Junior Nationals were in DCA. This weekend there isn't anything on their schedule, but the weekend of the 23-25 it looks like there are 2 competitions held at the Convention Center. I wonder if it is held at the convention center will there not be as many cheerleaders in the park because they will be busy with the competition? Maybe I am just hoping because I will be there on the 16th and 17th? :)

az_snow
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Hmm, maybe not....

http://www.usacamps.com/pdf/nationals/2007/AN/BP/4)%20Sched.%20of%20Events.pdf

Rteneyck
03-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Does it get that crowded with the cheerleaders? I would assume they would be at the competition most of the time. I have never been during that time, but I am going to be there this weekend thru next. UH OH

raediance
03-07-2007, 07:57 AM
i'm bummed. x( I wanted to go on the 11th or on the 30th to celebrate my birthday (which is in april...but anyways).

Katlovett
03-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Does it get that crowded with the cheerleaders? I would assume they would be at the competition most of the time. I have never been during that time, but I am going to be there this weekend thru next. UH OH

It's been several years since I was at the park at the same time as the cheerleaders, but it seemed like the cheerleaders who were not performing watched the other cheerleaders who were performing. I did not notice a whole lot of cheerleaders roaming the park, at least not wearing their uniforms.

Katprint

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-07-2007, 08:17 AM
i'm bummed. x( I wanted to go on the 11th or on the 30th to celebrate my birthday (which is in april...but anyways).

Unless there is something we have all missed, it looks like this weekend coming up is the only one without Cheer competitions.

samsma
03-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Unless there is something we have all missed, it looks like this weekend coming up is the only one without Cheer competitions.

This weekend is March 9-11. That is the first date listed by lilstreet!

BQ2
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the tip!! :eek:

I just wanted to let everyone know that Cheerleading competitions will be in Anaheim for the next few weekends!!
I was there this past weekend (March 2-4) when it was a ABSOLUTE MADHOUSE due to the cheerleaders. I had no clue this was going on this weekend until I got there.
I looked it up online and I know for sure that there are going to be competitions:
March 9-11
March 16-18 (this is a maybe)
March 23-25
March 30-April 1

Word to the wise ~ stay far FAR away from DL and DCA during these times.
It's not an experience I want to be a part of again (and my daughter is a cheerleader!!)

jillshumway
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
We were there last year with them And most were at DC. Where the contest was only a few were at Disney I wonder if their tickets were only for DC. Very few were at Disney.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-07-2007, 08:55 AM
This weekend is March 9-11. That is the first date listed by lilstreet!

I checked the USA Cheer website and it didn't list this weekend coming up with any events.

Lilstreet is there more info somewhere else? Help!!!!

staceyz
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
My daughter and her cheer group will be arriving in Anaheim on 3/15 and staying until 3/20. The competition for All Stars is 3/16-3/18 at the Convention Center. Just my daughter's team alone has over over 100 cheerleaders plus families (we are located in Washington State). I hear they estimate about 12,000 participants at this competition, which will mean the parks will be packed. We have lots of down time after competing, so the parks will be jammed. We all have purchased park-hopper tickets in advance as part of the package deals for the cheerleaders! Hope this info helps.

lilfaeriebrat
03-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Last Sunday the cheerleaders were all over DCA. Disney was packed so we hung out in DCA for the afternoon and every time I turned around I would here the giggling and screaming of teen and preteen girls running around in their uniforms.

samsma
03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Last Sunday the cheerleaders were all over DCA. Disney was packed so we hung out in DCA for the afternoon and every time I turned around I would here the giggling and screaming of teen and preteen girls running around in their uniforms.

Boy o Boy, that sounds soooooooo fun!
I think I'd rather have a root canal! No REALLY!

lilstreet
03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
So it looks like I was wrong. There doesn't seem to be any cheer competitions this coming weekend 3/10-3/11.

Here is what I do know for sure:

* The United Spirit Association will be there for competition from 3/16-3/18

* The Spirit and Dance Drill Nationals with be there from 3/23-3/25

* The American Showcase (another cheer show) will be there 3/30-4/1 (This one is not listed, but I know it is definately happening because my friend's daughter's squad will be performing)

These 3 competitions are all at the Anaheim Convention Center. The one that took place this past weekend was inside California Adventure. Yes, the cheerleaders being there does cause the parks to be more crowded. I know this from experience. My friend is bringing her husband and all 4 kids plus me and my daughter. So if you think about it, each cheerleader has a whole family that tags along. Usuall one parent stays for the comp, while the rest of the family plays :D
The daytime is not too terribly bad. But after the comp is over, especially in the evening, they all start coming out to play. That's when it gets bad.

I will let you know if I get more info.
Good luck!!

lilstreet
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM

OH YEA!!!! Seriously!!! It was all about cheer this past weekend. I kind of put a damper on my trip.

If I would have had a heads up as to what it was going to be like, I may have delt with it better. But I was expecting a slow(ish) kinda weekend at Disney.

Plus there seemed to be quite a few rude people this past weekend.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
So it looks like I was wrong. There doesn't seem to be any cheer competitions this coming weekend 3/10-3/11.

Here is what I do know for sure:

* The United Spirit Association will be there for competition from 3/16-3/18

* The Spirit and Dance Drill Nationals with be there from 3/23-3/25

* The American Showcase (another cheer show) will be there 3/30-4/1 (This one is not listed, but I know it is definately happening because my friend's daughter's squad will be performing)

These 3 competitions are all at the Anaheim Convention Center. The one that took place this past weekend was inside California Adventure. Yes, the cheerleaders being there does cause the parks to be more crowded. I know this from experience. My friend is bringing her husband and all 4 kids plus me and my daughter. So if you think about it, each cheerleader has a whole family that tags along. Usuall one parent stays for the comp, while the rest of the family plays :D
The daytime is not too terribly bad. But after the comp is over, especially in the evening, they all start coming out to play. That's when it gets bad.

I will let you know if I get more info.
Good luck!!

Thank you so much for the info :)!!!!

We knew we were all ready braving beginning of Spring Break crowds and crowds from the Basketball tourney, unseasonably warm temperatures, an additional 12000 people or so would have really made the parks squishy.

staceyz
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Even with the crowds, my daugther and I are very excited to be there. It would definitely not be the time I would choose to visit if it wasn't for the cheer competition. We usually visit in early May or October when crowds are minimal.

Shootingstaar
03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
There is some kind of cheer competition this weekend at the convention center because my boss' daughter was supposed to go but she quit the team. I don't know how big it is, the cheer team is called high desert cheer if anyone knows anything about it.

lilstreet
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
There is some kind of cheer competition this weekend at the convention center because my boss' daughter was supposed to go but she quit the team. I don't know how big it is, the cheer team is called high desert cheer if anyone knows anything about it.

So it looks like the High Desert Cheer squad has competitions 3/17-3/18 and 3/31-4/1. It is not listed on their website where they are competing, but their calendar has nothing for this weekend.

I'm thinking maybe I should take a quick trip this weekend if nothings going on :D