PDA

View Full Version : Tony Roma's location

mask41
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Yet another little question!
Does anyone know if Tony Roma's is in walking distance to the Marriott Residence Inn?
Thanks AGAIN,
Amy

Bytebear
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
It's about as close as the main entrance. I would use maps.google.com to see the actual distance.

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Yet another little question!
Does anyone know if Tony Roma's is in walking distance to the Marriott Residence Inn?
Thanks AGAIN,
AmyDon't know your version of "walking distance." It is across the street from Disneyland. Are you walking to Disneyland from the RI? If so, its on the way.

If you plan on ART, take ART to the park, then walk back to Romas. Its about a 5 min walk from the ART drop off.

Its about 2/3s of the way to Disneyland, maybe 3/4 of the way.

spectromen
03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Residence Inn on Harbor or on Clementine? It's closer to the latter.

cstephens
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Here's an unsolicited opinion. That Tony Roma's isn't very good. The service isn't great, and the food isn't great - not nearly like it is at other locations of the chain. We've been a few times, and we don't go there anymore.

Quinten27
03-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Here's an unsolicited opinion. That Tony Roma's isn't very good. The service isn't great, and the food isn't great - not nearly like it is at other locations of the chain. We've been a few times, and we don't go there anymore.

Yeah, I wasn't very impressed with that Tony Romas either. We stayed at the Ramada right next to it last time we were there and ate there several times, since it was the closest place......it isn't bad, but its not anywhere close to as good as other Tony's I've been to.

The old man
03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
One time in 1992. That's my one and only time.

mask41
03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone - we will definitely not be going out of our way for Tony Romas!!

Opus1guy
03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
With one notable exception*...I've found the food and taste of the ribs at Tony Romas to be the most consistent of any of the major chains. And I've eaten at Tony Romas all over the world. Most recently in Singapore and Hong Kong. Same flavor. Same sauce. Never a surprise.

This has been my experience at the Harbor Blvd one as well, as far as the food goes. Very tasty. But I will agree that the service there can be spotty. And especially at night when the place is literally packed with families and their screaming, tired, and cranky kids at dinner. The waitstaff look like they are ready to go postal sometimes. I know I do as a customer, when it gets like that.

But I've also dined there in the off-hours when it's much quieter and it's a very nice more typical Tony Roma experience.

*London. Piccadilly Square. About 15 years ago. It had just recently opened when I dined there. Worst ribs on earth! I'm not kidding...they used Ketchup as their BBQ sauce. It was closed and out of business within 6 months of opening. And London hasn't had one since.

MickeyDogMom
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
We always make a point of going at least once a trip and the food is food, better than the Mickey D's or motel buffets. I like the food personally but I'm not exactly a gourmet. (I went to Italy and found the one pizza joint hehe!). My dogs like the ribs we toss under the table and the food's heavy enough that it really fills. It is noisy though, go early.

The service is 'if'fy, but we've always managed to charm a waitress into leaving the iced tea pitcher. And they don't exactly 'card' there or pay attention. I was 14 and jokingly asked for a beer and they didn't even blink. But my 22 year old Aunt, sitting right next to me, asked for one and they carded her. Now 6 years later they say I look 17-18.

Malcon10t
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
My dogs like the ribs we toss under the table Before someone thinks you are serious, you might want to clarify NONE of the dogs have EVER been allowed to eat under the tables. And only 1 of 4 has even been allowed to have a beef rib bone (pork are too splintery.)

I was 14 and jokingly asked for a beer and they didn't even blink. But my 22 year old Aunt, sitting right next to me, asked for one and they carded her. Now 6 years later they say I look 17-18.And as her mom, I stopped the beer from arriving. But they were going to serve her!

The old man
03-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Just read the above message, thank god. I thought we had a restaurant that allowed nonservice dogs in. I'm a little confused, was the yucky dog feeding comment meant as a joke, since you say they don't do it?

Malcon10t
03-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Just read the above message, thank god. I thought we had a restaurant that allowed nonservice dogs in. I'm a little confused, was the yucky dog feeding comment meant as a joke, since you say they don't do it?I *think* she was intending it as a joke. Not sure. She will be back to tell us this evening.... If you ever met her and the dog(s), you would learn she is the most overprotective person around. The dogs are only allowed sterilized bones in the first place, so there is no way she would be tossing a rib bone under the table. They are not allowed to eat from the floor at anytime. All food comes out of their bowl or from our hand. The dogs are trained to ignore food until signalled to accept it. (Imagine a lab turning his head away from food!) It works out great for all the little kids with suckers who shove them in the dog's face.

Now, have we ever taken a treat and rewarded the dog under the table, yes. (we are talking a treat the size of an aspirin, and no we don't treat with aspirin...) But they aren't even allowed to have a toy while we eat, they are expected to either 1.) lie quietly, or 2.) sleep...

samsma
03-07-2007, 08:42 AM
They are not allowed to eat from the floor at anytime. All food comes out of their bowl or from our hand. The dogs are trained to ignore food until signalled to accept it. (Imagine a lab turning his head away from food!)

But they aren't even allowed to have a toy while we eat, they are expected to either 1.) lie quietly, or 2.) sleep...

I am going to show this message to Diego, my lazy little pug(when he wakes up)! I will use it as a reminder of just how SPOILED he actually is!
YES..... of course he can read!

MickeyDogMom
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, I was joking!! (Deep breath everyone and chill out [this is to my mother specifically whom overreacts to everything]) I'm the most overprotective dog person I've met [my mom is NOT]. I don't allow strange dogs to be anywhere near mine and when they are pups people have to put on handsanitizer to touch them. I carried my 75 lb. Lab so he wouldn't burn his paws. I would never give my dogs unsterilized bones and they are occasionally allowed a treat from beneath the table if I hear/see/feel no whining/staring/moving.

Anywho, Mom, Chill!! and Tony Roma's is good food. And FYI: I objected to the beer before my mom said anything!!!