PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Disneyland!

Pages : [1] 2

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry, got excited, just booked our rooms for our July and December trips and got a great deal at the Residence Inn. We will be there Dec 22-Jan 3rd. By staying the one extra day (staying Jan 2nd) saved me $250!! For that, we can relax another day. July we will be there the 15-20th. (We actually arrive at midnight on the morning of the 15th.)

yellowrosedtxn
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Very COOL! We'll be there 19-26 Dec. We're actually going to splurge and stay at the Grand Californian hotel. IF we make it a tradition to go over Christmas/New Years, I might consider staying off site!

Maybe we'll see you there!

Shelley

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Sorry, got excited, just booked our rooms for our July and December trips and got a great deal at the Residence Inn. We will be there Dec 22-Jan 3rd. By staying the one extra day (staying Jan 2nd) saved me $250!! For that, we can relax another day. July we will be there the 15-20th. (We actually arrive at midnight on the morning of the 15th.)

itig
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey...congrats!!! We're looking pretty seriously at the week of December 3rd. I am pretty sure it's the Candelight Processional week and they close at 6pm on a couple of nights as well, but the crowds have generally been low this week in the past.

Any thoughts on possibly getting a deal at any of the DL hotels at this time? We are AP holders, but how early do they begin to offer special rates?

Can't wait for December...love the park decked out in Christmas attire :)

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm trying to save my pennies to make a special trip for CP. I would love to bring my mom down for it. But, if all else fails, our annual Christmas pilgrimage will take place. We love the Residence Inn. We ship down our Christmas Tree and it stays up the entire visit in our room. We decorate just like we were at home. Its close enough to feel comfy, and just far enough to be able to unwind. The room is excellent sized, so me and the 4 kids (young adults) have plenty of room, and the breakfast makes it even better.

itig
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
We ship down our Christmas Tree and it stays up the entire visit in our room. We decorate just like we were at home.

WOW! You guys are serious...that is so cool. My wife would never go for it, but it sounds like fun to me :)

Do you walk from the Residence Inn? We recently stayed at the Desert Inn (highly based on your recommendation) and thought it was great. Seems the the RI might be a bit far to walk...is it?

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 12:47 PM
WOW! You guys are serious...that is so cool. My wife would never go for it, but it sounds like fun to me :)

Do you walk from the Residence Inn? We recently stayed at the Desert Inn (highly based on your recommendation) and thought it was great. Seems the the RI might be a bit far to walk...is it?
We take ART. It stops right outside the building we like to stay in. We have walked and it takes 15-20 minutes. To me, its too far. Its nice because Bus B runs at the back of teh building adn we can catch the B route to Hojos and get off for Mimi's, then walk to the park also. And parking is free and not an issue. (PLENTY of parking.)

We visit at Christmas as my kids like to see their SoCal cousins and so we make it a vacation.

pisces
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh, I wondered when someone was gonna start a Christmas thread.

As much fun as I had, this past year, being there on the very exact day of Christmas....I think once was enough.

Back to arriving on Dec 26th, or 27th.

A little less hectic.

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
That's cool. It's okay to be excited this early. We booked our trip for Dec. 21-27. I'm stoked already! :D

pisces
03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh no, someone had to put up a clock, eh?

289 days....how depressing.

I honestly don't feel like booking yet.

We aren't even into Spring yet.

Although, the clocks change in a couple of days, so that makes it feel like time is moving...

...even though the days are getting slower.

Sniffle.

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Depressing because Christmas is far away? Is that what you are saying?

I put up my clock because we only go every 2 years so it is a big deal to me. :D

I booked already because of scheduling work/family/etc. It was getting to stressful listening to the family say, "OK, how about these dates or maybe these ones." Now we get to just be excited.

Malcon10t
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I booked this early because by booking early, I got a great rate (700 sf suite with a balcony for $120 night.) At least I got the rate locked. Last year, I had booked this early, and then considered adding a second room 2 months later, and the rate was $60 a night more.

I will book everything else closer to the date. Right now, I am setting up the July ressie dates so I know when to book.

rentayenta
03-06-2007, 07:29 PM
December 10-17 here. Very excited as well! Now onto where to eat and all of the planning! :~D

bobabooey
03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I booked this early because by booking early, I got a great rate (700 sf suite with a balcony for $120 night.) At least I got the rate locked. Last year, I had booked this early, and then considered adding a second room 2 months later, and the rate was $60 a night more.

I will book everything else closer to the date. Right now, I am setting up the July ressie dates so I know when to book.

We got it for $109/nite, sorry I just had to rub it in! :p

Great rate either way!

Malcon10t
03-07-2007, 06:28 AM
We got it for $109/nite, sorry I just had to rub it in! :p

Great rate either way!
For Christmas? Cool... They just opened those rooms yesterday, and there are only 7 on property. I was so excited when they finally released them. Since we book there each year, when I called after, they blocked the specific room I wanted. I LOVE the balcony!! Can watch the fireworks from it. I am excited!!

Last year I had the smaller 1 bedroom for $99, still a great room. But with a 22, 21, 18, and 17yo, and a dog, the larger room is nice.

yellowrosedtxn
03-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Can I ask a silly question? Anyone that goes to Disneyland at Christmas time, do you bring swimsuits or sunblock? I can kind of see bringing the sunblock and I live in Texas, but I am not so sure about the swimsuit thing. I mean, I freeze there in the evenings during the summer as it is, how would it be to go swimming?

samsma
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Sure! We take our swimsuits.Most pools are heated, so once you're in them it's nice.If it is a really cold day, there is always the hot tub.When we were there in Dec 2005, the guy who worked at the gift shop at our hotel at Knotts said he could always tell the Canadians,we will always find it warm enough to swim!

yellowrosedtxn
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks. I guess we can pack them "just in case".

Bolivar
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
We swam every night. At the DLH there is a hot tub next to the pool. We would go down, jump in the pool and swim around and then get in the hot tub. It was cold and we didn't hang out in the pool, but it was refreshing to take a dip. They close the slide at night though.

jewls520
03-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Where do you book through to get the best rate at Residence Inn? Expedia, directly through marriott, ???? We are staying there in June and of course paid a much higher rate.

Malcon10t
03-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Where do you book through to get the best rate at Residence Inn? Expedia, directly through marriott, ???? We are staying there in June and of course paid a much higher rate.
I book directly thru the residenceinn.com website. I just keep checking the dates til I get what I want. The further out you book, the better the rate.

rentayenta
03-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Can I ask a silly question? Anyone that goes to Disneyland at Christmas time, do you bring swimsuits or sunblock? I can kind of see bringing the sunblock and I live in Texas, but I am not so sure about the swimsuit thing. I mean, I freeze there in the evenings during the summer as it is, how would it be to go swimming?

Bring swimsuits. My crazy kids not only swim in the heated PPH pool but they swim in the Pacific Ocean in December.

WITron
03-07-2007, 09:15 PM
We were there in Dec '06 and swam at the pool were we were staying. Of course for us the weather was nice and warm, cosidering it gets below 0 here in the winter.

yellowrosedtxn
03-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Then I will take the swim suits and just wait to see if anyone wants to take a dip! My dad will not like it, but... as long as the water is warm and we get out and back in the room before we freeze to death... then it should be ok.

Thanks for letting me know! :)

jackyb
03-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I am taking my son and parents for a Christmas trip as well. We are going from Dec 22 to the 29th. This is our first trip we will be there for Christmas Day! We are so looking forward to this trip! We too have already booked rooms.