PDA

View Full Version : Good Lunch Spot?

Doug
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I am going to DLR tomorrow, and was looking for a suggestion for a good place for lunch, I go all the time, and tend to eat at the same places, Story Teller's service has been really bad lately, so I do not plan to go there, Golden Horseshore's food is pretty bad (IMHO), I just like your general "american" (or Italian) food, and want someplace I can relax .... I know Cafe Orleans is pretty good, but they are very limited on selection (ok, I like to eat hamburgers and Posta when at amusement parks), if you know a great burger place, let me know! Oh, and I don't think I care to go to Down Town Disney, but it is an option.... and I don't care for that jungle resturant (drawing a blank on the name right now)..... Oh, and no character dining! Annoying to have so many kids around, but at least the characters get the hint when you ignore them... but they charge too much, for something I don't even want... thanks for suggestions!

Doug

biolabetty
03-05-2007, 01:22 PM
If the Pizza Port were open I'd say go there, but since we were looking all over the place on Friday for a place to eat, I would suggest the pasta at Plaza Inn. The portions are very large, and you get to select the sauce you want. For burgers, we came up with a big fat zero inside DL, DCA had more burgers that we would actually eat. Taste Pilot's at DCA is pretty good and if you really have to, the McDonald's restaurant is there. We had burgers at the Tomorrowland Terrace and they weren't all that great, more bread than meat.

Bytebear
03-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Hungry Bear might be good on off-peak hours. It's nice to sit by the river and watch the ducks.

JookyG
03-05-2007, 01:28 PM
The Wine Country Trattoria has awesome Italian food, great outdoor seating on nice days, and the best part is you can order a glass of wine with your meal. I've gotten some pretty picky eaters in my family hooked on that place.

Also, I hear good things about lunch at Carnation Cafe, though I've only been for breakfast.

yenko427
03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
One of the best meals we had when we were there was lunch at the Carnation Cafe. Awesome chef salad and meatloaf stack.

tod
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Have you considered going off-premises?

If you have a couple of hours to spare -- and if you "go all the time," you probably do -- try these:

Subway at Ball and Lemon
The McDonald's, Burger King, KFC and El Pollo Loco at Ball and Anaheim
Tacos Mi Pueblo, real Mexican Food at Katella and Walnut
Denny's on Euclid

--t

biolabetty
03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I love the potato cheese soup at Carnation, but since you said you liked burgers, I can tell you they definitely don't have those since I checked for those on Friday. Pasta they might have, but I couldn't tell you for sure. We were trying to find someplace for a vegetarian and a hamburger only person to eat that day, that wasn't the easiest thing to do at DL.

Doug
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I also like sandwiches, in MK in WDW, they have a place called Columbia Harbor House, with a great Tuna Sandwich, found a place by Dumbo (I think), that has a pretty good turkey sandwich, but terrible fries, that they charge $3 for! Thank God for that PAP discount :)! I'll eat the sandwich there again, but nothing else, the hamburgers do not look good... What was the place called? Something house? I forget... I am sure someone knows here :)

Doug

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Head over to DCA and try Taste Pilots. I found the burgers to be yummy, they have a great condiment bar with all the fixings.

crazi4dlr
03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Head over to DCA and try Taste Pilots.

Okay to be honest I have seen this recommendation several times on this board so my dh and I tried this place when we were there last. Eh. The burgers are the same quality that they serve everywhere else in the parks, makes sense since the kitchens are all consistent in recipe/menu. But what got me is that my dh ordered the chili burger and what a joke. It advertised as "steak chili", what he got was a ladle full of sauce with 1 or 2 pieces of meat and a few beans. I am not exagerating on this. Truthfully, the condiment bar is just lettuce, tomatoes, onions and the like, not worth the price IMHO.

I prefer the French Market in NOS. The menu has it's limits but you can mix and match. The chicken is consistently good and the portions are huge. Now when I go, I order the kids portion with a side salad.

Doug
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I was not crazy about the burgers at taste Pilots, but they did seem to be better than in other parks of DLR .... now, Taste Pilots does have that thing of fries, with all this stuff in it, been a while since I had it, but it was good....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Okay to be honest I have seen this recommendation several times on this board so my dh and I tried this place when we were there last. Eh. The burgers are the same quality that they serve everywhere else in the parks, makes sense since the kitchens are all consistent in recipe/menu. But what got me is that my dh ordered the chili burger and what a joke. It advertised as "steak chili", what he got was a ladle full of sauce with 1 or 2 pieces of meat and a few beans. I am not exagerating on this. Truthfully, the condiment bar is just lettuce, tomatoes, onions and the like, not worth the price IMHO.

I prefer the French Market in NOS. The menu has it's limits but you can mix and match. The chicken is consistently good and the portions are huge. Now when I go, I order the kids portion with a side salad.

I know when the food topic has come up before, we had people saying them love one place, and others disliking it, including the fancier places such as BB etc. I think it is like anything, hit or miss. Thankfully we have been pleased with our meal on the few times we have eaten at Taste Pilots.

itig
03-10-2007, 08:19 PM

I have to agree with this. We have tried this place a couple of times and have not been impressed. Outside of the food, the service has been very slow both times we went. The kiosk ordering is silly in my opinion and just confuses people. Anyway, it's not an awful place, but I wouldn't recommend it as a great place for a burger. Our favorite park food at the moment is the pasta and pizza at Tomorrowland Terrace.

neverlander
03-11-2007, 09:33 AM
How's the food at ESPN?

leota's necklace
03-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I also like sandwiches, in MK in WDW, they have a place called Columbia Harbor House, with a great Tuna Sandwich, found a place by Dumbo (I think), that has a pretty good turkey sandwich....
Doug

Carnation Cafe has a very tasty turkey sandwich on a croissant.

DisneyLynn
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
How's the food at ESPN?

Me and my husband both love the food at ESPN.

I think all the hamburgers in either DL or DCA are horrible, they are usually cold, chewy and I think they have a funny taste, like there is filler or something in them. For a truly wonderful burger go to Catal!

cstephens
03-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Head over to DCA and try Taste Pilots. I found the burgers to be yummy, they have a great condiment bar with all the fixings.

I am not a fan of Taste Pilots. The best burger made by Disney I've found is at White Water.

Bytebear
03-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I like Whitewater best too. Not only do you get fries, but you get a strawberry.

LostBoy02
03-12-2007, 09:05 AM
All the above posted are very good, however if you plan on having a big dinner Bengal BBQ is the absolute best. A couple of steak, chicken and vegie skewers hold you over great until dinner time. Its tasty, filling, and wont slow you down in the middle of the day. And if youve never had it before you really need to try it since DLR is going to be replacing it in a few years.

cstephens
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
All the above posted are very good, however if you plan on having a big dinner Bengal BBQ is the absolute best. A couple of steak, chicken and vegie skewers hold you over great until dinner time. Its tasty, filling, and wont slow you down in the middle of the day. And if youve never had it before you really need to try it since DLR is going to be replacing it in a few years.

I really like Bengal BBQ, but it's probably the most expensive eating establishment on resort. A couple of steak, chicken and veggie skewers just as a snack is going to cost quite a bit.