PDA

View Full Version : No boats running on Rivers of America during Construction?

mickeynminnie
03-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I heard a rumor that the Mark Twain is going to be down and the Columbia will be at the dock but only as a walk through attraction while construction is being done on the island. Anyone know if this is the case? If so when are boats supposed to return? This is a highlight for my DS and I would hste for him to be disappointed! Any help is appreciated!:confused:

cstephens
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't know how long it will last, but yesterday, the Twain was docked at Fowler's Harbour, and the Columbia was docked at the normal boarding station, and people were just wandering on. Didn't look to see if there were any canoes out, but I would expect not.

Mark Mywords
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Nope. Canoes were definitely out on the river yesterday.

Also, we took a rare nightime Columbia trip on Saturday night (around 9:25). I haven't been on either the Mark or the Columbia at night since they started Fantasmic! way back when...

BTW, they're really tearing up the island. We cruised past a large area of the island that was just totally exposed and decimated with all vegitation cleared away and exposed pipes and stuff. I was surprised that they didn't have it tarped...

cstephens
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Nope. Canoes were definitely out on the river yesterday.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info. I figured they weren't running the Twain or Columbia because they didn't want guests on the backside of the island with what they're doing, so I wouldn't have expected the canoes to be running for that same reason. Weird.

Mark Mywords
03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Actually it's strange, but thinking about it, I don't remember seeing the Columbia sailing during the daytime all weekend. Just at night.

charpaul
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
On the tram on the way into the park yesterday (Sunday) I saw a HUGE amount of construction walls in the back stage area..

I was thinking that they might be headed for the island in the near future.

futurecm21
03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Well, things seem to be changing alot, but heres what I heard last. The Mark Twain is taking advantage of this time to go down for a refurbishment. The Canoes should be operating at their normall times, which is usually weekends, and high attendance days. Don't expect them to be out, but they don't have particularly excellent views of the island, and therefore may be allowed out a couple of times. The Columbia is docked as a walk through. I would take advantage of the Columbia. Although it isn't moving, its still rare that you see it at all, and it does have the museum in its lower deck, which can be quite interesting. I hope we see the island reopen soon, and hopefully without any major changes.

futurecm21

Darkbeer
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
The Island will reopen in late May, but with some major changes.

There is an interesting story regarding the Burning Cabin, but that will wait until next Tuesday when Al will talk about it at MiceAge om March 13th.

darph nader
03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
bigugly,you are one lucky puppy.I have'nt been on RoA at night since F started.:crying: I know I'm gonna get flamed,but just run F on weekends,let us poor souls ride the Mark Twain during the week.:rolleyes:

cstephens
03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
bigugly,you are one lucky puppy.I have'nt been on RoA at night since F started.:crying: I know I'm gonna get flamed,but just run F on weekends,let us poor souls ride the Mark Twain during the week.:rolleyes:

Not having Fantasmic is no guarantee they'll run the Twain. There were many nights when Fantasmic wasn't running and nothing else was going on with the island or the river, and the Twain still stopped running at 5:30 or 6:30.

Another Dimension
03-06-2007, 02:15 AM
But then there were also dozens of times that the Mark Twain was doing post-Believe (including post-patriotic finale) cruises during Fantasmic refurbs/dark times, not much more than few years ago... :)

Mark Mywords
03-06-2007, 09:42 AM

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. We left the dock at 9:23, so not only the Columbia at night, but FIREWORKS and the Columbia at night! :D

It was pretty much my highlight of the weekend. Plus I got a killer picture of Hawkeye setting off the canon!

cstephens
03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
But then there were also dozens of times that the Mark Twain was doing post-Believe (including post-patriotic finale) cruises during Fantasmic refurbs/dark times, not much more than few years ago... :)

But that's the thing. There's no rhyme or reason or consistency. That's why *not* having Fantasmic on weeknights is no guarantee that they'd run the Twain.

Another Dimension
03-06-2007, 05:00 PM
There's no rhyme or reason or consistency.

Welcome to Team Disney. :|