PDA

View Full Version : May be able to sneak in a trip this summer, but when?

splash
03-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Ok, here is the story. We went to Disneyland in December, for many reasons, it was not the best trip. So I started thinking, hey, we could drive down this summer (that way we don't have to pull DS out of school). We don't get out until June 19. I'm thinking we could go on the 25th-29th or so. What I want to know is, if you go in the summer, is there a less crowded time? Or is it better to wait until April of next year? I don't want to deal with wall to wall people (especially if this is a short trip). Input please.

houseofmouse
03-05-2007, 09:42 AM
We were in Disneyland last summer from the 13th-30th. We were staying in CA for a month with my folks and bought APs. Seems like the more into June we went the more crowded it became. It was NEVER closed because it got too crowded, and lines were never more than an hour but with fastpass it helps. It was really warm a few of those days but we had a really good time!! I don't if there are any grad nights past the 13th this year so look into that. It is definately more crowded than April but with late hours, Fantasmic, The Electric Parade and fun summer days to just hang out and have fun, we are doing it again this June until our passes expire!!!
Just my two cents, the decision is ultimately yours. :)

josephfive
03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Last year, we went the last week in June. It was crowded but we were there for a whole week and I felt that we did everything. I'm pretty structured so we did DL one day and then DCA mid week. It was really warm during that week too and I remember bringing a change of clothes and we just got soaked on GRR. It was so much fun and the kids still talk about it. Just go for it!

disneyland2301
03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I went last year june 25th thru 29th. And it wasnt that bad at all. Foot traffic was very heavy but the ride lines werent too bad. The only exception was POTC. Since i was there the 1st day it opened and the huge line made foot traffic very heavy thru adventureland and new orleans square. But we still got to hit all the major rides and attractions numerous times in 4 days. Well i was there during all weekdays so i cant really give u much info on weekends. I actually already have a trip booked for the 24th thru 30th and i am pumped! Hopefully you will be there as well!

shna
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
DH and I were there the day POTC re-opened as well. The park was very busy, but I've seen it much worse. The lines for POTC were three hours long early in the day so we avoided it. Later, during Fantasmic, the line was less than 30 minutes. The lines for Splash were consistently three hours long, so we never even thought of trying. Other than Splash & POTC, lines weren't too awful. 45 minutes for Space Mountain was the longest we stood in, if I recall correctly.

I just remember how horribly hot and humid it was that day. People kept saying that it felt like Florida or Louisiana, or any other sticky-icky humid place. It rained briefly, which just made things worse. YUCK. It felt really good to get into the air conditioning in the Tiki Room -- but I was nearly frozen solid by the end of that show.

splash
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Okay, for those of you who are braving the park in the summer. Where are you staying and who did you book through?