PDA

View Full Version : Minnie & Friends character breakfast.

bobabooey
03-04-2007, 05:28 PM
We called to make reservations for the Minnie & Friends character breakfast for a date in May. They took our reservation, but when I asked if we could reserve a covered porch seat, they said we will have to ask when we arrive for breakfast. I have heard sitting on the porch is best for character interaction, and I also believe others have been able to at least request a porch seat when they made their reservations. Any thoughts?

On a similar note, can one request a table on the "water" when reserving time for lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou?

ochibiyo
03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
HI There!

The only reason I've had trouble with asking for reserved areas are when the party is big. I mean over 6-9 people. I made PS for a party of 9 at Blue Bayou and they told me to ask for water tables when checking in. We went close to a hour early and had no luck!:crying: The only time I've had luck was with Ariel's Grotto. Again a party of 9, and I asked for an inside table since it was in the colder months and got it. But I think it was because I told them I had three kids, all under the age of 6, and two elderly. Hope that helps!

hlbtimes2
03-04-2007, 07:33 PM
We've eaten at Minnies a couple of times. We've always sat inside and always ha great interaction. Its our favorite character meal.

biolabetty
03-04-2007, 07:51 PM
You can't request a waterside table at Blue Bayou ahead of time, but what I always do is go when they first open for the day at 11:30. Arrive at least 15 minutes early and I have always gotten a waterside table with no problems. Any other time you can request one after you have arrived at the restaurant, but you may want to go pretty early because the wait can be long for a waterside seat.

Twinglemum
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
How hard is it to get the porch at Minnies?

pisces
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
It seemed to me that the Porch at Minnies wasn't a very coveted spot. But then I've always been there in December, when it's a bit cold in the morning.

My experience is that most people want to be inside.

The porch is nice for people watching, and you can sort of look out over the Park, and hear the music loop, if the weather's nice.

The character interraction is the same no matter where you are sitting.

Hoppypooh
03-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't worry too much... I've been to breakfast there several times in various seats (indoor and out) and the character interaction is always the same.

MadasaHatter
03-05-2007, 10:07 AM
As I have said before I will say again....each day is a different experience. We sat outside and the characters were mainly inside. Of course we were one of the few people outside and the GREAT thing about that was that when they did come to the table they stayed for a long time.

Then we went inside and she had a ball going to character to character.
The good thing about that is that we ate our breakfasts first and then when done we went inside and got autographs.

Here is some other advice. We booked the character breakfast on our third day. Mistake if you have kids that live to get ALL the character's autographs because out of the ten characters there at the breakfast, she already had 5 of them. If we would have gone the FIRST day (which I recommend) she would have gotten TEN autographs off the bat and we wouldn't have had to wait so much.....