PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating at Carnation Cafe - Help!

mask41
03-04-2007, 03:19 PM
This may be an impossible question to answer, but I hope someone can give me some guidance on this:confused:
I am assuming that we should make Priority Seating arrangements for lunch at the Carnation Cafe - we want to eat there the day after Easter which is our first day in the parks (Day 1 of 5).
Our morning schedule will go like this: At park opening we will walk to PP Flight, Pinocchio, Snow White, Mr. Toad and IASW. Then I was planning on taking the train from TT/FL back to Main Street for lunch. My problem is I am a total newbie and have no idea how long that will take us! Can someone give me a good estimate of what time we would be heading back for lunch? We will pack snacks in our backpack in case this will take the whole morning+.
Thanks,
Amy

emmah
03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
This may be an impossible question to answer, but I hope someone can give me some guidance on this:confused:
I am assuming that we should make Priority Seating arrangements for lunch at the Carnation Cafe - we want to eat there the day after Easter which is our first day in the parks (Day 1 of 5).
Our morning schedule will go like this: At park opening we will walk to PP Flight, Pinocchio, Snow White, Mr. Toad and IASW. Then I was planning on taking the train from TT/FL back to Main Street for lunch. My problem is I am a total newbie and have no idea how long that will take us! Can someone give me a good estimate of what time we would be heading back for lunch? We will pack snacks in our backpack in case this will take the whole morning+.
Thanks,
Amy

Hi there, I was going to say that it depends on what you mean by the day after easter (Easter Monday, or do you mean Tuesday?) but I have just done some research and it seems like you in the US don't have a big easter holiday? Britain/Australia/NZ all have a long holiday over easter - we shut down on thursday night and don't open up again til tuesday. If that is right, then I am assuming that Monday in california is just an ordinary monday. Then my question becomes, do you have park hoppers with early entry? If so, and if you turn up at park opening for early entry (ie an hour before everyone else gets in) then you will get all those rides done in about half an hour! If not, and you are going to be turning up for general admission, then you can assume that peter pan will have a bit of a wait; given that its off season it shouldn't be too long however (maybe 30 minutes max?). In our experience, and assuming that it is a normal off-season monday and not a public holiday, i would have thought you'd breeze on to the other rides and be done in an hour. So, that will be too early for lunch and you'll have heaps of time to get in other rides in FL/TL as well, especially if you get fastpasses for buzz and space mountain.

as for priority seating, it never hurts to book - if you change your mind, or turn up early and there is no wait, you haven't lost anything. we booked PS for our our dinners for the week we were there in January but only had to use one of them on the saturday night - but better safe than sorry in my opinion (having walked around in hungry frustration on trips gone by).

have fun!