PDA

View Full Version : How Crowded Will DCA be During Pirates Premiere?

nmjohnston874
03-03-2007, 03:22 PM
We will be arriving that day for my DD's 21st BD trip and plan to spend all day at DCA and avoid DL. Will it be crowded at DCA??

stan4d_steph
03-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't think it will be any more crowded than a usual day. The only thing that might increase the crowd is when DL closes down early for the premiere.

dsnydon
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
DL will close early the day of the Premier around 6:00pm DCA will get hit in the afternoon.

naccrat325
04-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Our family is arriving at Disneyland May 19th and I know that is when the POT3 premier will be. We don't even want to go to that, but really wanted to see the electrical parade Saturday night in the DCA park so that Sunday night we could just focus on the Remember...Dreams come true fireworks show and not have to make a mad dash with 3 kids under 5 yrs old to see both in the same night.

My questions are:
If we arrive around 3:30 p.m. and want to get into the DCA park for the evening, is that even going to be possible or will the park close to new comers due to crowds?
Would it make a difference if we could arrive earlier in the day?
What are the crowds like following the premier--the next few days after it?
Will all of the rides be running (except those already scheduled to be down) the following day/s after the premier?

Thanks in advance. I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and just joined because you guys seem to have all the answers to EVERYTHING! Thanks again.

nmjohnston874
04-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm surprised no one has responded to your questions consideribng the number who have read the post.

I posted the same question a while back as we will also arrive the 19th for a five-day trip to celebrate my DD's 21st and DS's graduation from college. Anyway, I was told to expect the usual crowds for DCA until DL closes at 6:30, then it should get heavy.

I wonder, though, if all those people who waited 12+ hours to see the premier will instead just want to go home. ;)

As for your other questions, I would expect Sunday to be heavy, but the following weekdays to be lighter as school has yet to let out for the summer. There is, however, a big urologist's convention at the Anaheim convention Center with an estimated 30,000 attendance.

Maybe we'll see you there. There are four of us and I'll be in a red ECV.

naccrat325
04-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys for your response. I called Disneyland yesterday to make reservations and asked the CM her opinion as well. She said that she thought I would not be able to get into the park at all so late in the day. Her educated guess--not a chance, don't count on it. :( She said at the last premier the crowds were so bad that when DL closed its gates at 5 p.m., everyone then went to the DCA park and it took over an hour to get in and was insane! Not what I wanted to hear. However, after getting off the phone with her, I started thinking that the last premier was June 24th which is already a busy time of year with everyone out of school and summer break, plus factor in it was a Saturday. So, my point being, that maybe this one won't be the same as it is before Memorial Day weekend crowds and summer. I am concerned about the convention going on that same weekend though......

I really want to see the Electrical parade and won't get to if we can't get in that night. I guess we'll just wait and see....

We'll be there May 19-23rd with our twin boys 2 1/2 (their first trip), daughter 5 (2nd trip) and Aunt Amy (along to help and have fun with us). So, if you see us--say hi! :)

I e-mailed Disneyland with more questions about it and will post responses if and when I get one. Anyone else have thoughts?

TrixieBel
04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
And we're arriving the same day - the 19th! I was also concerned when I heard about the premier, and then received a letter from Disney to explain about a "special event" and early closing etc (we're staying at the DPP).

But, after reading some of the forums, I'm thinking that it really shouldn't be too bad if you're not actually going into the park that day to stand on the side of the carpet - after all, with all those people standing on the side of the carpet, there's got to be less lines for the rides??????

I've booked us into the Rainforest Cafe for dinner that evening, and we're not planning on going into the parks until Sunday morning.

If you see a family of 5 (mum, dad, 2 girls (one 16yrs, one 14yrs with Down Syndrome) and 1 boy (12)) with those strange Australian accents - that'll be us!

Regards Jenn in Sydney, Australia

mi_mous
04-14-2007, 04:13 PM
naccrat325 is right.

After the premiere, a TON of people went into DCA. Think about however many people will be sitting down on Main St. all day long, and will have been doing nothing. A lot of people will go to DCA, the restaurants, etc. So, it will be packed anywhere (I would think) after the final star, usually Johnny Depp, walks by. And, this is a Saturday event as well. So, I don't think that is going to help much at all either.

According to other forums, DL will be PACKED. People flying in just for the event, etc.

I don't think DCA will be a problem until after DL stops admissions, and/or shuts down.

Perhaps you can plan to get to DCA before all the madness, enjoy what you can, and perhaps go to a movie, or something other than DCA in DTD?

Just a suggestion if you don't want to hit the crowds.

naccrat325
04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
So, I finally received a response from DL on this subject and this is what they said:

We anticipate that, the premiere of the Caribbean: At World's End, our
theme parks will be extremely popular with our Guests. Therefore, we
may
restrict entrance into DISNEYLANDŽ Park/DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA
ADVENTUREŽ
Park. Later in the day, if attendance subsides inside the park, we may
resume admitting additional Guests. We understand that this may cause
you some disappointment and inconvenience; however, the comfort and
well
being of all of our Guests is extremely important to us. We encourage
you to arrive at the Resort early in the day to ensure entry.

Nothing really shocking here, but I did say I would post their response when I got one....so here it is.

bloodnswash
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Their response is a typical form letter. But if you think about it, nobody can actually answer the question on just how busy it's going to be. I'm thinking that by 7 or 8 that night DCA will be flooded with people. Who knows. I definitely could be wrong.

Malcon10t
04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Disney has done this exact thing several times, and DCA has never closed. The only day DCA has EVER reached capacity was last year on the last day of the 2Fer promotion. And remember, while Disneyland technically closes early on the 19th, they unofficially will allow the west side of the park to stay open til 8pm. Most of the people form teh carpet sit in will pobably head to Tomorrowland like last year.

naccrat325
04-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks! I was very excited to hear your thoughts on this, because I had no idea if or when the DCA had ever closed or reached capacity. I feel a bit better about my odds of getting into the park now...we'll see how it goes day of.

futurecm21
04-21-2007, 02:33 PM
My guess is that it will be crowded. Everyone who didn't know about the pirates premier will show up wanting to get into Disneyland, discover they can't, and then migrate over to DCA.

If I were you I would count on large crowds. Nights like this might be a good time to head over to Knotts Berry Farm, or spend the evening in Downtown Disney.

futurecm21