PDA

View Full Version : What's Disneyland like in April?

ArielleBelle
03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
we are going to be in San Diego April 5th-8th and we were thingking about going to DL for a day, but I was wondering if the parks will be super busy?
it is over Easter weekend, any info would be great! Thanks

Darkbeer
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
^Disney expects very large crowds, about the same size as the middle of summer.

ArielleBelle
03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
awww man well i don't think we will make the trip then. we ahve only gone in either jan - Feb or October, when its quiet! Thanks for the info

samsma
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Do not worry about it, and don't cancel the trip. Before our last visit, we had only gone during the off season, right after the Thanksgiving weekend,up until the middle of Dec. Well we were there for the Presidents Day weekend this year expecting HORRIBLE crowds. Yes,it was busy, but using fastpasses, we NEVER waited more than 20 min. for a ride.You just have to be prepared for a lot of people and you will be O.K. We did everything we wanted to get done, and still had a great time. Don't worry about the crowds, with a bit of planning, it will be a fabulous trip!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Good time to go? Crowds? After spring break?

Darkbeer
03-13-2007, 09:44 AM
April 16th thru early May should have light crowds, especially on the weekdays.

hlbtimes2
03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
There might be some crowds around the 25-26 due to the end of the CA 2'fer tickets, but otherwise it should be a good time to go. We have reservations for April 25-May 1. I currently deciding if I should keep them or now. I have to decide by March 19.

Darkbeer
03-13-2007, 10:02 AM
There might be some crowds around the 25-26 due to the end of the CA 2'fer tickets, but otherwise it should be a good time to go. We have reservations for April 25-May 1. I currently deciding if I should keep them or now. I have to decide by March 19.

They changed the 2fer rules this year.

Lat year, the policy was that the ticket expired on the last Thursday of April or 30 days after first use, whichever came FIRST. So a lot folks showed up the last weekend the tickets were good.

The NEW policy is that the first day of use has to be by April 26th, but ALL tickets expire 30 days after first use, so some folks could still be using the second day of the 2fer ticket for most of May. Disney is hoping they won't have the big mass of folks trying to use the DCA portion (the second day in the vast majority of tickets used) on the one weekend in April.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the replies. My pilot wives group is more than likely going to be in the area, the last weekend in April, well Thurs.-Sat. and I am trying to talk them in to going to Disneyland. We are booked at HoJos but many ladies are saying they are not sure about the extra expense of 1 day hoppers. I just cannot be that close and not go. I am thinking of going a day early so I can go to the parks.
:)

hlbtimes2
03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the update DB! I was worried our first couple day,if we go, were going to be packed. Doesnt sound like that will be the case.

vancouverdisneygrl
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
We were at Disneyland last year over Easter weekend. It was extremely busy, more than I ever remember it. The weather was also unusually cool, unlike this year. It was still very fun!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM
We were at Disneyland last year over Easter weekend. It was extremely busy, more than I ever remember it. The weather was also unusually cool, unlike this year. It was still very fun!
I remember being at Disneyland over Easter several years ago. Easter Sunday morning was nice and quiet, but after church got out, the parks got really busy.

jillshumway
03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
April 16th thru early May should have light crowds, especially on the weekdays.

WE are going April 15-20 it is our spring break for our shool district(in Utah) WE know of several families going but figured that it would still be slow because we have a very late spring break.

We didn't pick the date for the spring break but because we wanted to have our daughters 4th birthday there.

Can't wait.

gibson510
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm going in mid April too. The way the weather is looking in CA right now it's going to be beautiful. Dont worry about the crowds. Just expect a lot of people and dont get your hopes up and think by some miracle the park wont be crowded. But if you expect the crowds it wont be a stress and a letdown when you realize the park is crowded. I know the crowds can be difficult but you can always make slight changes in plans if you have to, dont let it stress you out because that can ruin a vacation. The important thing is to have fun, crowded or uncrowded.

AVP
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Disneyland started extended spring break hours this week. These extended hours continue through the end of March. On April 1st Disneyland goes to 8am - midnight operation every day through April 15th. Those two weeks are expected to be the busiest, though the two weeks before and after are also usually pretty busy.

AVP

simnia
03-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Why are crowds the only issue?

April and November are the most beautiful months in Disneyland, in my experience, not too hot, not too cold. In April the flowers are in bloom, too.

AVP
03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Why are crowds the only issue? When the original poster asks "I was wondering if the parks will be super busy?" then we tend to answer their question...

AVP

simnia
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
When the original poster asks "I was wondering if the parks will be super busy?" then we tend to answer their question...

Nice way to greet a new poster here. The question in the heading seemed to me to be the main issue, and the crowds question possibly only one aspect of that, so I decided to answer that one.

And by the way, I did consider deleting my response afterwards, but there was no option to delete. Before criticizing posters, how about fixing your site so that posters can delete their own posts?

adriennek
03-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice way to greet a new poster here. The question in the heading seemed to me to be the main issue, and the crowds question possibly only one aspect of that, so I decided to answer that one.

And by the way, I did consider deleting my response afterwards, but there was no option to delete. Before criticizing posters, how about fixing your site so that posters can delete their own posts?

I think you may be taking AVP's post the wrong way. I don't see where she criticized you. You asked why everyone was only addressing the crowd issue and she answered your question.

As for deleting posts: We don't delete posts at MousePad. It's been part of our policy since day one. You have a 30-minute window in which you can edit your post. Moderators will delete copyrighted text or inappropriate links in posts and we will close threads for violating community policies, but otherwise, once a post is made, it stays and once the edit window ends, the post usually stands as is. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to post them in the Admin forum or contact the moderators. Our names are dark blue and we're listed at the bottom of the forum pages.

Adrienne

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Why are crowds the only issue?

April and November are the most beautiful months in Disneyland, in my experience, not too hot, not too cold. In April the flowers are in bloom, too.

I think most people like to book their trips during the less crowded times, for maximum enjoyment, especially if they don't come often. Probably why when the ? is asked, we all tend to reply to the crowd level.
The beautiful weather has something to do with it being more crowded too. April will be beautiful weather more than likely. I have to agree that the weather in November there is perfect to.

Lekta
03-17-2007, 10:28 AM
we have always had the greatest time in April, even when it rained.

MrTomMorrow
03-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Spring is a pretty time to visit the parks with its blooming flowers and warm but not scorching temperatures... despite the spring break crowds, you can still have a good, full day by using FastPass and getting to the parks really early (at opening at 8 a.m.) and staying until closing, if you've got the energy!